150 dead after Germanwings jet crashes in the French Alps

Page 6 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 9:57 am

It sounds like extreme narcissism was at the root of this crime.

He may have been depressed, but he was also having vision problems and his ex girlfriend reports that a year ago he said, "‘One day I will do something that will change the whole system, and then all will know my name and remember it.’

b9
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 11:01 am

it's really going to be a nightmare when they get the plane to the panel beaters

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 11:17 am

Ah so he did want to create a statement in a way. Apparently he has wanted to fly since he was a child and was diagnosed with a condition which would stop him from being allowed to fly. It must have broke his heart; he probably didn't know what to do and would not admit defeat so to him it seemed right to kill those ppl.

Obviously it wasn't right but it seemed like he wasn't the type to accept help and his personality meant he went to this instead of for example; self harm, turning to drink which is more common.

He should have spoken to a professional councilor or something and if he couldn't be a pilot maybe he could still get work related to aircraft. Or took up some kinda sport to help control his anger. He didn't have to kill those people; it didn't have to be that way.

:(

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:11 pm

Obviously, the pilot had had a mental, and/or personality disorder that had been severe enough that his doctor thought it best to ground him. But has anyone heard just what this problem he had been diagnosed with was?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Mar 2015, 1:15 pm

If he really was on SSRIs then the connection really does need to be investigated, its way too much of coincidence that almost every mass killer is on them. What strikes me with mass killers is how quiet and calm they are while they are while doing, they do it with the efficiency of robot with no emotion or expression at all.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Obviously, the pilot had had a mental, and/or personality disorder that had been severe enough that his doctor thought it best to ground him. But has anyone heard just what this problem he had been diagnosed with was?

He had a vision problem; pilots must have full colour vision. Then he became depressed. So depression and vision.
I don't think it's right to think that anyone who does something like this has a personality disorder. That's just not true. It seems like your saying he did this because he had a mental disorder that made him kill those people. Nope nope that's not why he did it.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 1:23 pm

Jacoby wrote:
If he really was on SSRIs then the connection really does need to be investigated, its way too much of coincidence that almost every mass killer is on them. What strikes me with mass killers is how quiet and calm they are while they are while doing, they do it with the efficiency of robot with no emotion or expression at all.

True the link between these drugs and SSRIs really does have to be investigated. Perhaps mass killers are calm because they have planned out what they're going to do and expect to die; so they are living in the moment to 'get the task done' in a way. I rekon they don't so much see it as they're taking away people's lives and future and will cause they're families pain; but I rekon they'd see it as a way to get a message across and hope to change things even if it is a very twisted way of doing it. Mass killers are probably inside they're own head so much when they're doing it that they don't fully process what they're doing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 3:19 pm

starfox wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He had a vision problem; pilots must have full colour vision. Then he became depressed. So depression and vision.
I don't think it's right to think that anyone who does something like this has a personality disorder. That's just not true. It seems like your saying he did this because he had a mental disorder that made him kill those people. Nope nope that's not why he did it.

Oh, no, I had just assumed the problem had been psychological, as I hadn't heard an explanation for the doctor's verdict before now. Knowing that just makes this all the more senseless.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm

I don't think it's senseless. I get his reasons. Don't you?

Alienhybrid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Mar 2015, 3:41 pm

astrologically, the pilots chart shows a much afflicted personality :idea:

http://astroblognz.blogspot.co.nz/2015/ ... ology.html
http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Andreas_Lubitz

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 4:03 pm

I was wondering when someone from the woo-woo crowd would show up.

What next? Lunar aspect disrupting the forty-second chakra?

:roll:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 4:13 pm

Adamantium wrote:
It sounds like extreme narcissism was at the root of this crime.

He may have been depressed, but he was also having vision problems and his ex girlfriend reports that a year ago he said, "‘One day I will do something that will change the whole system, and then all will know my name and remember it.’

I agree. In a news report, investigators found torn-up medical documents in the co-pilot's home and speculation has been that the documents were found like that because the co-pilot feared he would never fly again.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 4:41 pm

starfox wrote:

I can fully understand his despair at having to lose not only the job that had been his life long dream, but also his very life. But no, I don't understand how he could have decided to end his despair by taking a plane load of people with him.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 5:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
starfox wrote:
I can fully understand his despair at having to lose not only the job that had been his life long dream, but also his very life. But no, I don't understand how he could have decided to end his despair by taking a plane load of people with him.
His was an unreasonable act. To go from "I don't like my situation" to "I am going to kill myself and take as many people with me as I can" makes no sense at all.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 5:11 pm

Yahoo news

He had vision problems.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2015, 5:13 pm

Realistically, it looks likely to be another case of SSRI side effects. The UK Daily Mail reports he was taking "a variety" of psch drugs.

As were Robin Williams, James Holmes, Adam Lanza, Ivan Lopez, Aaron Alexis, and Eric Harris. Ask your doctor if Irritability, Homicidal Ideation and Thoughts of Suicide are right for you. If your depression worsens, see your doctor right away - or crash a plane full of passengers.

"Hard data that SSRIs cause mania & manic episodes are frequently accompanied by violence:" Dr. Richard Kapit, a retired FDA scientist who reviewed Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft in the late 1980s before the antidepressants were approved to treat depression in adults, said that he suspected the drugs could cause people to become suicidal or homicidal from the beginning.

"I had always thought the drugs had the potential to cause manic episodes, and manic episodes are frequently accompanied by violence," said Kapit, "Now we have hard data to back up what everyone sort of believed, that these drugs are capable of causing manic states."

The thinking was, if only one in a hundred who took them went batsheeyit crazy and killed themselves or someone else, that was an acceptable loss. What they didn't count on, was that doctors would start handing them out like candy and prescribing them to people under 25, whose brains are not fully developed and shouldn't be taking them at all. When you've got literally millions of people popping these potential neurotoxins, that one percent becomes a sizable portion of the population and people start losing their minds right and left.

ssristories.org lists over 5000 cases in which SSRI meds have been directly linked to violent episodes.

Mixing and matching SSRIs, or switching scrips without a suitable detox period seems to cause a lot of problems:

>>Psyche Meds Drove My Son Crazy<<

Ironically, the Mainstream "News" Media will not report on this connection, because they make billions per year running advertising for these medications.