Freddie Gray----Latest Developments in Investigation.....

Page 3 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 10:59 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
The courts refuse to punish killer cops, people riot.

You mean:

The courts haven't even determined whether the "killer cops" were actually killer cops or it was an accident (or whatever the case may be), and a whole heap of mentally deficient individuals loot and burn stuff in their own neighborhood before guilt has even been determined.

(If it doesn't even make it to the courts, then there's no evidence to prove guilt.)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 11:55 pm

Thanks, Dillogic----yeah, like I said, before, I DO think Freddie's neck getting broken, was an accident.....

Thanks, pezar----that's the EXACT news-station I'm watching on my TV.....

Here's an update.....

The mayor didn't say anything new----but, she got VERY angry with the media who keeps asking her, if she allowed this to happen. She basically said: "don't get it twisted" (NOT her actual words). She said: "What I SAID was, I was allowing the people to protest----I was NOT allowing people to destroy our city----you keep twisting my words, around....." (her actual words)----and, with that, she brought her portion of the news-conference, to a close.

Next, the Police Commissioner spoke..... He went back over how this all got started, today..... The police saw on Facebook and other social media, that a bunch of kids were going to gather together, and do their best to destroy Baltimore, when they got out of school at 3pm. The FIRST target was the Mall, that I mentioned earlier. The cops were there waiting for them----approximately 2-300 cops / 250 high school kids.....

Anyway, everything escalated, from there.....

There's media here, from all over the world----Mexico, South Africa, even----there was one guy on there, with a British accent, but he could've been from South Africa.....

The Commissioner has called for help, from Washington D.C., and Philadelphia.....

The Maryland National Guard is "on the ground", now, and are being led by Maryland State Police.....

What they do is, when the cops "straighten-out" an area, the guard will hold that area secure, so that people don't come-back, around, and do the stuff all over again (this is another part of what the Commissioner was telling us).

The kids were going on Fb, showing their knives, and bragging about the damage that they did.....

At the mall, earlier today, the police were flying-around in helicopters, and telling the people who were running-out with their arms loaded, that they were on camera, and that what they were doing was being recorded (the cops were saying this, on a loud-speaker from the helicopter), and said that they would find-out who did it, by people's license plates.....

Lots of people are comparing what's happening, right now in Baltimore, to the riots that took place in Ferguson Missouri, after THAT incident, and the Commissioner said that Baltimore's alot bigger than Ferguson, and there's more area to cover.

Several people have also compared what is currently happening in the streets, and the riots of the 60s and 70s----I have seen BOTH----and, I'm hear to tell ya, it's worse, NOW!!

Okay, well.....

I gotta stop this, now----I'm on MAJOR sensory overload----and, one of my neighbors thinks it's really, REALLY important that she be vacuuming, right now----another one is playing their stereo.....

If you're the praying kind, please pray for Baltimore----that its still standing, tomorrow morning.....

G'night, all.....

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 12:05 am

Oh, I forgot.....

If you're the type that likes numbers, maps, whatever, I thought I'd include a link to Baltimore City's stats:

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Baltimore?lang=en

so you can see about land area, population, etc.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 12:27 am

It appears that she implied that they were allowing people to break stuff, as it might have been better off letting them do it than start a confrontation (which can lead to people dying).

Considering it appears that the police were holding back, which means an order came from above....

It can be a tactic that works in some cases, but it can also backfire and embolden people.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 1:24 am

Dillogic wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

You mean:

The courts haven't even determined whether the "killer cops" were actually killer cops or it was an accident (or whatever the case may be), and a whole heap of mentally deficient individuals loot and burn stuff in their own neighborhood before guilt has even been determined.

(If it doesn't even make it to the courts, then there's no evidence to prove guilt.)

Oh the poor killer cops are innocent until proven guilty. Too bad the goons didn't give Freddie Gray his day in court.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 1:36 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
Rioting actually does solve things. It imposes a cost on bad behavior by the establishment that they would not otherwise face. The courts refuse to punish killer cops, people riot. It's a pretty straightforward chain of consequences.

You have to look pretty hard to find anyone actually analyzing the data on this, but it is out there. It's much easier to claim that rioting doesn't solve anything, but the facts simply don't back that argument up.

Well said. Anyway this entire thing is a set up. They are going to let them riot for one day. Then they will bring in the National Guard and put an end to it. Then they say see, freedom is bad. Constitutional rights are bad. Support our police state. Give us more military hardware, and we will keep you safe from these angry black people. Just give up all your rights to us, and the sheep will agree to it. Welcome to the new United Police Staes of America.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 6:20 am

Well, Baltimore is still standing.....

It seems the worst that happened overnight----aside from the continued looting, etc.----is that another building was set a-fire. It is a 3-story building with storefronts on the bottom floor. They have reported that NO fire personnel have been "attacked"----so, the message seems clear, they're after the police.

The CVS was TOTALLY destroyed / burned-down.

There was no one living in the senior center, that burned-down.

"The Bloods", and "The Crypts" (local gangs) have signed some kind of police agreement----no word on if "The Black Gorillas" (yesterday, I said "Brown Gorillas", in error) are ALSO in agreement----for peace.

Tons of streets are closed. Tons of businesses are closed----schools, churches, courts, etc.----they've got this thing scrolling-across the bottom of the screen, saying which businesses are closed, it seems it would be easier to list what IS open.

Streets are littered with glass and debris.

The first thing "The Today Show" just said, was: "Baltimore is Burning".....

So sad.....

I appreciate the posters discussing the philosophy behind this----I just don't have the "brain space", to participate in that, right now.....

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 7:01 am

Dillogic wrote:
The courts haven't even determined whether the "killer cops" were actually killer cops or it was an accident (or whatever the case may be).

How do you accidentally break someone's spine?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 7:14 am

Dillogic wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

You mean:

It doesn't make sense to view this as an isolated incident.

Also, regarding your earlier comment, the police brutality and economic repression came before the criminal gangs.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 7:37 am

Wow, it's amazing watching the news, and when they cut to a reporter on the street, seeing the armored Humvees going-by, with armed soldiers standing in the back..... It's like I said last night----it's soooo surreal----like, you're thinking: "Oh, they're talking about the war, in another country, now....."

There are citizens in the streets, now, with brooms and trash-bags, cleaning-up.....

They've called-on New Jersey, for help.....

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 7:58 am

Interesting news footage I just saw.

A lady confronting a lanky young man in a hoodie on the street.

Turns out that theyre mother and son- she just recognized him- and is cuffing him in the ear for participating in the riot, and is dragging him home.

YAY MOM! :)

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 8:41 am

Hope all WP'ers in the area are safe.

I know what Campin_Cat means by it being surreal - I was living in the dorms, finishing my freshman year in college in a northern suburb of LA when the LA riots happened. We weren't anywhere near where all the trouble was, so didn't feel like there was any immediate danger to us, but even watching it happen to your city - the city where you grew up and spent your whole life - on TV, was surreal, as was hearing people in a neighboring dorm room happily shouting "burn, baby, burn!"

In any case, hope that this ends quickly if its not over already, and somehow something good comes out of all of this.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Apr 2015, 8:57 am

Riots of the language of the unheard, the more than that crimes such as this keep happening and no one is held accountable the more this will happen.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 8:57 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Interesting news footage I just saw.

A lady confronting a lanky young man in a hoodie on the street.

Turns out that theyre mother and son- she just recognized him- and is cuffing him in the ear for participating in the riot, and is dragging him home.

YAY MOM! :)

Yeah, I saw that, TOO----and, I agree----and, I agree with the Police Commissioner, who said he wished more parents would get involved.

I'm concerned about the schools being closed, today (although I understand why they are)----the parents have to go to work, of course----and, there's all those kids sittin'-around, t'day, with nothin' to do, but think-up how they're gonna wreak havoc, tonight, maybe.....

They just reported that another mall just closed, because of threats they received. I was gonna go grocery shopping in the OPPOSITE direction from downtown, today, because of the situation, down there----but, the opposite direction is where the mall's just been closed----so, I dunno.....

I, maybe, should just walk up to the neighborhood store, and get some cereal, or something, to tide-me-over----but, it's soooo expensive.....

Thanks, so much, ScrewyWabbit, for your kind words!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 11:28 am

Update:

• -- well over 200 arrests
  • -- over a 140 car fires
  • -- 15 building fires
  • -- over 20 police officers injured
  • -- SSA (Social Security Administration - Headquarters, for the entire U.S.) closing early----staggering release of workers----this means it has reached Baltimore County, now
  • -- Baltimore County schools, closing early
  • -- Orioles postponed game, for the second day in-a-row
  • -- almost everything at the Inner Harbor, is closed
  • -- armed soldiers lined-up down the streets
  • -- politicians (senators, councilmen, and such----including Jesse Jackson) all over the place, in their blacked-out long cars; a man said he's lived in Baltimore all-of-his-life, and that he's NEVER seen a politician
  • -- they spoke to the owner of a shoe store, and showed the video of his store being looted----he said he was surprised at the type of people who were stealing (kids, women, and older men)
  • -- Ray Lewis made an extremely emotional video, last night on Fb, telling everybody to go home, and to stop the violence

Dr. Oz is 'sposed to be here, Saturday----I wonder if he'll cancel.....

President Obama is to speak at-any-moment, regarding the situation.....

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 11:33 am

Scary situation out there. Stay safe, Campin_Cat!

Oscar Meyer Lansky