Freddie Gray----Latest Developments in Investigation.....

Page 4 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 11:39 am

Thanks, VegetableMan----I will!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 4:49 pm

It's relatively quiet, at the moment----PHEW!!

SKSFox1999
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2015, 4:55 pm

rioting and looting.

MLK didn't die for this crap

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 6:20 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
It doesn't make sense to view this as an isolated incident.

Also, regarding your earlier comment, the police brutality and economic repression came before the criminal gangs.

You treat every single one as a single incident, as that's how the justice system and judicial branch handle them.

If there's a fault in police procedure, then it will be brought to light (the legislative tends to do this). That's why there's a separation of powers.

Police brutality is a talking point. You need to show that brutality is a problem, and that the brutality people talk about is actually brutality insofar as the law is concerned, also if it is indeed unjustified force (oftentimes, it's not; real life isn't a game or movie).

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 6:24 pm

I'm all for protests, but when things turn violent and people start burning down, destroying and looting their OWN city, I do not understand it.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 6:25 pm

Dillogic wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
It doesn't make sense to view this as an isolated incident.

Also, regarding your earlier comment, the police brutality and economic repression came before the criminal gangs.

You treat every single one as a single incident, as that's how the justice system and judicial branch handle them.

If there's a fault in police procedure, then it will be brought to light (the legislative tends to do this). That's why there's a separation of powers.

Police brutality is a talking point. You need to show that brutality is a problem, and that the brutality people talk about is actually brutality insofar as the law is concerned, also if it is indeed unjustified force (oftentimes, it's not; real life isn't a game or movie).

You're spouting convenient nonsense, unsupported by the evidence. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of history can see that, so we're not going to have an argument.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 6:46 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
You're spouting convenient nonsense, unsupported by the evidence. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of history can see that, so we're not going to have an argument.

"Convenient nonsense". Another talking point. "Unsupported by evidence". Another. "Slightest knowledge of history". Again.

If you don't think the justice system works how I said it does, you can pick up a textbook and read for yourself. The same with the judicial and legislative branches.

Again, if there's rampart brutality, you have to prove it. You can't say, this number of people were killed by police (you know, what if a good portion of them had it coming? That might not be the case, but you still have to investigate them all), these people were abused for some seemingly innocuous reason (they could have been, or it could have been justified; again, you have to go through them all to get an accurate figure), and so on.

The truth needs to be what is followed, not assumptions based on emotive talking points. When assumptions are made, bad things can happen when people become emotional. See: Ferguson

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 7:46 pm

androbot01 wrote:
How do you accidentally break someone's spine?

They broke his neck. The reports are that one cop had his knee on his neck and another was bending his legs backwards.

The real problem though, is that the psychopaths didn't get him any medical care for it. They just broke his neck, then took him to jail and pretended it didn't happen. They would have probably have gotten away with it, if not for the witnesses and the video.

Death of Freddie Gray

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 8:35 pm

Or, perhaps they thought what they did couldn't break someone's neck, and any complaint by the suspect was thought as faking (hey, that happens).

Wait till all the facts are known.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Apr 2015, 8:44 pm

This is the type of case that I doubt the facts will ever be known. I don't buy for a second that they didn't realize what they were doing, this guys spinal column was 80% severed and his larynx crush so I don't think that's a case of somebody putting a little too much weight onto someone's back to restrain a suspect. There really is no explanation short of them being in a horrific car crash that could of cause this, this man was murdered either thru gross negligence or maliciousness and the officers are in conspiracy to cover it up.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 8:53 pm

Jacoby wrote:
This is the type of case that I doubt the facts will ever be known.

I'm sure there's a lot of facts that are behind closed doors already for any impending decision. Medical examiners (responders, autopsies and whatnot), for example, can point towards the cause.

Whilst it's very possible that a rough take down caused the damage (I'd say the likely cause), that needn't be the only one, nor can that equal murder (it can, but you have to prove that was the intent).

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 9:00 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Or, perhaps they thought what they did couldn't break someone's neck, and any complaint by the suspect was thought as faking (hey, that happens).

Wait till all the facts are known.

A couple of winters back I was walking a dog in a suburban neighbourhood. An old man was shovelling his driveway when he suffered what appeared to me to be some sort of seizure. Before I could get to him he was unconscious and fell straight over like a tree. The sound his skull made when it cracked open against the pavement was like none other I have hear before or since. My point is that the officers would not only have heard the snapping of his spine, they would have felt it as they held him in that unnatural position.
I think it was a rage killing.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 9:10 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
This is the type of case that I doubt the facts will ever be known.

I'm sure there's a lot of facts that are behind closed doors already for any impending decision. Medical examiners (responders, autopsies and whatnot), for example, can point towards the cause.

Whilst it's very possible that a rough take down caused the damage (I'd say the likely cause), that needn't be the only one, nor can that equal murder (it can, but you have to prove that was the intent).

I just have a hard time believing that those injuries could occur unintentionally using normal police procedure, not even with your adrenaline pumping. Like these are the type of injuries that could occur in bad bad car wreck. There isn't an explanation that will make sense to me, that might be able to come up with some garbage like they did with Mike Brown but nothing will pass the smell test. I believe this man was murdered by one of more officers(lets give them all a roid test and see who fails that might give us a clue) and that they will not cooperate or implicate each other as responsible. Not only was his injuries intentional, I believe he was left to die to cover up the crime.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 9:14 pm

androbot01 wrote:
My point is that the officers would not only have heard the snapping of his spine, they would have felt it as they held him in that unnatural position.

Too hard to say. If you have several people yelling, after a foot chase, it's possible people felt/heard nothing.

Your anecdote is good though. People don't realize how just hitting the pavement can cause lethal injury. It's why you shouldn't run from police, as they have the authority to subdue you, which can cause lethal injury when no one means for it.

Or, a police officer could have stomped on his neck in a fit of rage because his authority wasn't respected (hey, that's possible).

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 9:21 pm

Dillogic wrote:
People don't realize how just hitting the pavement can cause lethal injury.

I'm not sure he ever recovered. I was passing a few weeks later and his relative said he wasn't doing well.
The crack was horrible and then a ton of blood.

But I still think they would have to be pretty dense not to be able to tell when someone's limbs and head are limp and going in the wrong direction. I'm sticking with rage. To break someone's neck with your hands takes a lot.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 9:30 pm

Knowing somebody that worked with in the police department, I can tell that roughly 50% of cops are probably taking "supplements" that would get them banned from physical competition if they were to be tested. Congress cares people that play a game but not people that are given the responsibility to protect and serve kind of like how the one stat the FBI doesn't track is how many LEO-caused fatalities there are in any given year. It doesn't surprise me one bit when one of these meatheads rages on somebody.