Texas to monitor U.S. military, fears hostile takeover!

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 12:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Ruby Ridge

The feds were the lunatics in this case, just FYI and all. You're right with Waco, though.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 1:32 am

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Ruby Ridge

The feds were the lunatics in this case, just FYI and all. You're right with Waco, though.

Do you know Randy Weaver's record? He was a militant racist, and the rest of his family were hardly sane people, either. I am sorry that his wife and son were killed, but that hardly changes who is was. My home town of Spokane Valley isn't many miles from Ruby Ridge on the other side of the state line with Idaho, and I recall what had happened there very well. A group of racist fanatics calling themselves the Phineas Brotherhood, who could have been Randy Weaver, had robbed a bank in my neighborhood not many years before. Weaver, the Phineas Brotherhood, the Order, the Aryan Nations, and whatever other race warriors who dirtied the reputation of my part of the country, were all cut from the same cloth, so forgive me if I'm not that sympathetic when the feds finally come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:41 am

I should put it better:

The incident itself wasn't due to lunacy by Weaver (unlike Waco; though I'm going with the assumption that the suspects fired at the officers first). The police clearly overstepped and used excessive force over a very minor crime. Sawing down the barrels of a couple of shotguns is completely victimless and should be met with a small fine via the mailbox (if it's to be illegal), rather than what amounts to a military raid with military ROE.

Whatever club Weaver was a part of, has little bearing on the actual incident.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 2:44 am

Maybe Texas will finally have the secession it's been wanting for years. :P

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 9:50 am

Dillogic wrote:
I should put it better:

The incident itself wasn't due to lunacy by Weaver (unlike Waco; though I'm going with the assumption that the suspects fired at the officers first). The police clearly overstepped and used excessive force over a very minor crime. Sawing down the barrels of a couple of shotguns is completely victimless and should be met with a small fine via the mailbox (if it's to be illegal), rather than what amounts to a military raid with military ROE.

Whatever club Weaver was a part of, has little bearing on the actual incident.

Actually, Weaver's "club" had everything to do with the numbskull idea of entrapping him with the sawed off shotgun. Because he was a radical racist with connections to the Aryan Nations, the Feds thought they could compromise him into turning informant. Weaver didn't bite, and still, the feds decided to prosecute instead of forgetting him and moving onto another target. When Weaver was given the wrong court date, instead of trying to sort it out, he just said, "f*ck it," and went home (not the brightest thing to do, but these anti-government types are hardly the founding fathers of old, intellectually). And as he had so convincingly lied about being former special forces in the army, and that he had threatened his neighbors at gun point in the past, local law enforcement had been too frightened to arrest him, so the feds were called in. The rest is history. Did the feds create a situation which blew up? Of course they did. But to say that Weaver would have just lived his life peacefully had this never happened is probably not true, as he was a true believer in white supremacy and the "coming race war."

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 10:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
...Did the feds create a situation which blew up? Of course they did....

Agreed.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 7:48 am

SKSFox1999 wrote:
ScrewyWabbit wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
I guess somebody forgot to tell the governor that Texas is already part of the USA!

The Americans don't need to conquer Texas because Texas already voluntarily joined the USA back in like 1846.

Yes, and let's not forget, they tried to leave the USA back in 1861. Some of them would probably like to try again.

That actually is true. But people outside of Texas tend to exaggerate the secessionist elements here

Well, I'm someone from outside of Texas who would like to ENCOURAGE secessionist elements there. Seriously, I think Texas needs to leave the union and declare itself as the official homeland for all paranoid, rightwing, TeaParty dipshits in the US.

Let 'em all move to Texas and do whatever the hell they want.

Everybody wins. :D

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 9:09 am

GoonSquad wrote:
SKSFox1999 wrote:
ScrewyWabbit wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
I guess somebody forgot to tell the governor that Texas is already part of the USA!

The Americans don't need to conquer Texas because Texas already voluntarily joined the USA back in like 1846.

Yes, and let's not forget, they tried to leave the USA back in 1861. Some of them would probably like to try again.

That actually is true. But people outside of Texas tend to exaggerate the secessionist elements here

Well, I'm someone from outside of Texas who would like to ENCOURAGE secessionist elements there. Seriously, I think Texas needs to leave the union and declare itself as the official homeland for all paranoid, rightwing, TeaParty dipshits in the US.

Let 'em all move to Texas and do whatever the hell they want.

Everybody wins. :D

Beam me up, Scotty! There's only delusional life here in Texas.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 10:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
...there's the simple matter that not every American is going to support secession, and in fact would be p*ssed off to no end that a disgruntled state would want to leave the union.

Quite right. But, we are very likely debating angels, pinheads and such, after all. There are, indeed, many permutations of outcomes should the federal government choose, once again, to attempt to annihilate some of its own citizens (employers). Those who believe that their very existence (and that of their precious iPhones) is owed to the state will likely oppose those who read the Founders and understand their intent was clearly otherwise. The American firearm owners I described would, almost to a person, be members of the latter camp. That is significant, and those who oppose such a political reality know it well. They knew it especially at Bundy Ranch last year when their armed federal officers turned tail and ran. Remember that the officers were pointing their rifles at the protestors, but the protestors, while armed, were not presenting their firearms. That is huge in this contemplation.

The crowd gathered at the Bundy ranch hardly constitutes the best of America (tax cheats, racists, clinical paranoiacs, etc.). And as I understood it, the feds hadn't taken action not because they "turned tail and ran" in the face of so called patriots, but because they hardly wanted to be painted as the bad guys if they clashed with lunatics, as they had at Ruby Ridge, and Waco.

They were the bad guys at Waco. They didn't listen to the advice of their behavioral analysts or the their experts on cults. Instead the leader of the operation acted entirely based off his stereotyped perception of cults. If they had actually listened to the people who are hired by the government to make sure such events don't get violent, it probably wouldn't have gotten violent.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 8:39 am

Protogenoi wrote:
They were the bad guys at Waco. They didn't listen to the advice of their behavioral analysts or the their experts on cults. Instead the leader of the operation acted entirely based off his stereotyped perception of cults. If they had actually listened to the people who are hired by the government to make sure such events don't get violent, it probably wouldn't have gotten violent.

If there was a valid federal warrant for the arrest of David Koresh, and it was feared that he and others at the Branch Davidian compound were armed, why didn't the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives ask the local law-enforcement agency to serve the warrant while arresting him when he traveled at least once daily from the compound to the nearby merchants to buy supplies? Like too many no-knock warrants these days, the FBI et al. overthought the simple and botched this arrest by turning it into a media circus resulting in the unnecessary deaths of dozens of people. There were several questionable actions taken by the federal agents ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege#Controversies ). U.S. "Attorney General Reno had specifically directed that no pyrotechnic devices be used in the assault." The many mistakes taken by her and her subordinates added fuel to the calls within the Clinton administration and elsewhere for her resignation.

Most importantly for this discussion, even The X-Files character, Alvin Kurtzweil, M.D., reminded us that "[t]hese people don't make mistakes!" While the Siege at Waco rolled on day after day, the world was force fed a media diet of how cunning the compound residents were to be able to flummox the federal agents into making mistakes. No, it was nothing of the sort. The siege was intended, in my opinion, starting with what would have been a simple arrest of Koresh.

Even the otherwise whitewashed Danforth Report (2000) claimed that federal agents had lied about their "use of pyrotechnic devices at the complex, and had obstructed the Special Counsel's investigation." At the very least, there was enough blame to go around ... including the federal officers and agents involved. But, I can't sympathize too much. They started it all.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 10:17 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:

If there was a valid federal warrant for the arrest of David Koresh, and it was feared that he and others at the Branch Davidian compound were armed, why didn't the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives ask the local law-enforcement agency to serve the warrant while arresting him when he traveled at least once daily from the compound to the nearby merchants to buy supplies? Like too many no-knock warrants these days, the FBI et al. overthought the simple and botched this arrest by turning it into a media circus resulting in the unnecessary deaths of dozens of people. There were several questionable actions taken by the federal agents ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege#Controversies ). U.S. "Attorney General Reno had specifically directed that no pyrotechnic devices be used in the assault." The many mistakes taken by her and her subordinates added fuel to the calls within the Clinton administration and elsewhere for her resignation.

Most importantly for this discussion, even The X-Files character, Alvin Kurtzweil, M.D., reminded us that "[t]hese people don't make mistakes!" While the Siege at Waco rolled on day after day, the world was force fed a media diet of how cunning the compound residents were to be able to flummox the federal agents into making mistakes. No, it was nothing of the sort. The siege was intended, in my opinion, starting with what would have been a simple arrest of Koresh.

Even the otherwise whitewashed Danforth Report (2000) claimed that federal agents had lied about their "use of pyrotechnic devices at the complex, and had obstructed the Special Counsel's investigation." At the very least, there was enough blame to go around ... including the federal officers and agents involved. But, I can't sympathize too much. They started it all.

To quote Comprehending Cults: The Sociology of New Religious Movements, which it a textbook from the University of Waterloo.
Quote:
The FBI was emboldened to override the advice of its own behavioral experts and proceed with the drastic measures against the Branch Davidians by the highly negative and unrealistic conception of cults that gained currency in the United States as a result of the media's reliance on press releases from anti-cult organizations (Citizens Freedom Foundation, Love Our Children Inc, the Council of Mind Abuse, the Cult Awareness Network, An the American Family Foundation - all of which are fundamentalist christian organization who employed "deprogrammers" that often used more severe indoctrination processes than most of the cults they fought/fight.)

That was in the chapter about people's views of cults, which is very interesting. People actual assess the level of brainwashing a group does and the severity of the indoctrination process on the name of the group alone.
If you present people with three identical scenarios, but only change the name of the indoctrinating group then they'll be harsh in description against the groups by response based on the general popularity of the group.
^the reasoning being "Well, millions of people join the catholic church, so the indoctrination process must be benevolent. But I haven't heard of this group, so the indoctrination process must be malevolent."

According to Tabor, Sullivan and Docharty, the agents ran of "patience" and "stopped listening and decided to apply the tactics of psychological warfare to the Davidian Compound. The power and water were cut off, communication was blocked, and the men, women and children were bombarded with bright light and loud noises including the sounds of rabbits and lambs dying throughout day and night."

Does it sound like a good idea to make an apocalyptic Christian Cult listen to sounds of animals dying, especially lambs? (lambs having special significance to the Davidians.) Any sociologist would say that the cult would likely interpret that as the apocalypse itself.
Koresh was open to talking, the behaviorist experts and cult sociology experts all agreed that the best path would be to open up talks with various church leaders to discuss theology. Koresh spoke to the FBI and ATF for hours prior to the seige, the agents couldn't talk to Koresh at his level and yet refused to send someone who could effectively communicate to him gain access. (Wright, Ammerman, Sullivan, Docherty.)

The key to preventing a cult from suddenly erupting into violence is to not disrupt the group's control over it's boundary and to not give a perception that such a disruption is eminent.
In the case of the People's Temple, the mere arrival of Congressman Ryan and a few hostile ex-membersof the Temple was enough to precipitate the final act of mass suicide (Galantar.) However, the federal agents completely acted in contrary to this principle with their tactics in direct disregard of the experts.

Quote:
The AT F and the FBI experienced the consequences of a reduction of normative dissonance in their deliberations and fell prey to the faulty reasoning born of groupthink and a shift-to-risk...
'Dramatic denouement' is extremely rare because it requires an elaborate set of conditions to take place.

In other words, it wouldn't of happened if the officers didn't... fan the flames. :|

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 10:52 am

Protogenoi wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:

To quote Comprehending Cults: The Sociology of New Religious Movements, which it a textbook from the University of Waterloo.
Quote:
The FBI was emboldened to override the advice of its own behavioral experts and proceed with the drastic measures against the Branch Davidians by the highly negative and unrealistic conception of cults that gained currency in the United States as a result of the media's reliance on press releases from anti-cult organizations (Citizens Freedom Foundation, Love Our Children Inc, the Council of Mind Abuse, the Cult Awareness Network, An the American Family Foundation - all of which are fundamentalist christian organization who employed "deprogrammers" that often used more severe indoctrination processes than most of the cults they fought/fight.)

That was in the chapter about people's views of cults, which is very interesting. People actual assess the level of brainwashing a group does and the severity of the indoctrination process on the name of the group alone.
If you present people with three identical scenarios, but only change the name of the indoctrinating group then they'll be harsh in description against the groups by response based on the general popularity of the group.
^the reasoning being "Well, millions of people join the catholic church, so the indoctrination process must be benevolent. But I haven't heard of this group, so the indoctrination process must be malevolent."

According to Tabor, Sullivan and Docharty, the agents ran of "patience" and "stopped listening and decided to apply the tactics of psychological warfare to the Davidian Compound. The power and water were cut off, communication was blocked, and the men, women and children were bombarded with bright light and loud noises including the sounds of rabbits and lambs dying throughout day and night."

Does it sound like a good idea to make an apocalyptic Christian Cult listen to sounds of animals dying, especially lambs? (lambs having special significance to the Davidians.) Any sociologist would say that the cult would likely interpret that as the apocalypse itself.
Koresh was open to talking, the behaviorist experts and cult sociology experts all agreed that the best path would be to open up talks with various church leaders to discuss theology. Koresh spoke to the FBI and ATF for hours prior to the seige, the agents couldn't talk to Koresh at his level and yet refused to send someone who could effectively communicate to him gain access. (Wright, Ammerman, Sullivan, Docherty.)

The key to preventing a cult from suddenly erupting into violence is to not disrupt the group's control over it's boundary and to not give a perception that such a disruption is eminent.
In the case of the People's Temple, the mere arrival of Congressman Ryan and a few hostile ex-membersof the Temple was enough to precipitate the final act of mass suicide (Galantar.) However, the federal agents completely acted in contrary to this principle with their tactics in direct disregard of the experts.

Quote:
The AT F and the FBI experienced the consequences of a reduction of normative dissonance in their deliberations and fell prey to the faulty reasoning born of groupthink and a shift-to-risk...
'Dramatic denouement' is extremely rare because it requires an elaborate set of conditions to take place.

In other words, it wouldn't of happened if the officers didn't... fan the flames. :|

All that is needed then, is for someone within the Clinton administration, its Department of Justice or the FBI to cook up the idea to "order" one or more of the agents to act in ways that contravene his, her or their years of training.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 12:45 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
All that is needed then, is for someone within the Clinton administration, its Department of Justice or the FBI to cook up the idea to "order" one or more of the agents to act in ways that contravene his, her or their years of training.

Certainly, Docharty's research showed that quite a few of the officers considered the cultists to be too delusional to be reasoned with at any level. Considering the popularity of anti-cult groups at the time period that got large amounts of media coverage with disinformation. It was during a time where both judges and juries would routinely deny the religious freedoms of such groups in many parts of the country. It is very likely that some fundamentalist christian was in a critical area of the operation and manipulated it.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 9:03 pm

xenocity wrote:
Quote:
Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday asked the State Guard to monitor a U.S. military training exercise dubbed "Jade Helm 15" amid Internet-fueled suspicions that the war simulation is really a hostile military takeover.

The request comes a day after more than 200 people packed a meeting in rural Bastrop County and questioned a U.S. Army commander about whether the government was planning to confiscate guns or implement martial law. Bastrop County Judge Paul Pape said "conspiracy theorists" and "fear mongers" had been in a frenzy.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/texas ... y-takeover

Is the U.S. acting hostile against the State of Texas or is Texas overreacting in typical Texas fashion (Yes I've been to Texas and have family that lives there)?

"Texas, it's like a whole other country" :lol: :lol: :lol:

from a Texas tourism ad.