Appalled By How Cop Handles Teenage Girl!

Page 1 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:22 pm

Dillogic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Notice when the cop gets distracted once again by another kid, the other cops help her up so she can sit like the other kids? And this is the girl that's resisting? Well then tell me why the other cops didn't have a problem sitting her up? They also didn't have a problem cuffing her either. So strange how magically she wasn't resisting as soon as the one cop got up. It's very dangerous to have a cop who is that angry and annoyed sitting on a person like that. That girl is lucky she wasn't seriously injured. All he has to do is press his knees really hard, putting his body weight on them, he could have easily killed a girl that small. He could have sent her into cardiac arrest.

I'd say they let her up due to her being cuffed and under control at that point. At the beginning, it was just that one officer and her (once the other two chased the men). Seems fairly routine to me.

As for the type of restrain used, that'd be up to what the police deem appropriate. Whilst it might look "bad" to one person (or many), it might actually be "good" to experts on the matter.

They let her up because the angry Cop got distracted by someone else and left so they had the opportunity to let her up. Didn't you notice, as soon as he got distracted, they cuffed her and let her up. One of them easily got her arm, grabbed her wrist and cuffed her two hands together. No problems at all and she can count her lucky stars there was a distraction because the one cop seemed very miffed and like he was determined to keep her in that position for quite some time and it simply is not safe for a cop who's getting that angry. The cop could easily become enraged, press his knees in and pretty much crush her without even looking like he's doing that. There was a similar situation just down the street except a young girl wasn't involved but there was a fatality.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:23 pm

Dillogic wrote:

I have watched it.

He singled her out, and made the arrest. Why that happened is unknown at this point. You can't see what happened as the camera was moving around and not focused on the officer and young woman early on; all we see is the actual arrest in progress and the aftermath. We don't know what happened leading up to all of this.

Anything else is speculation, some more reasonable than others.

You say he was angry and possibly a pervert, and chose the small female in the bikini to abuse.

Does that sound like reasonable speculation?

Well, that certainly is how it looks when watching the video and it's already gone viral and is on all the major television networks over here.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:35 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Well, that certainly is how it looks when watching the video and it's already gone viral and is on all the major television networks over here.

No, that's not how it looks.

How it looks is:

someone was singled out for arrest
said someone resisted arrest, albeit rather passively
people swarmed arresting officer; officer draw sidearm and people fled
other officers chased fleeing males
arresting officer holds the original suspect on the ground until the others come back

You can apply magical pixies being the reason for any of those steps, but that doesn't make it so.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:39 pm

Dillogic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

How it looks is:

arresting officer holds the original suspect on the ground until the others come back

You can apply magical pixies being the reason for any of those steps, but that doesn't make it so.

Wait...didn't he pull that gun out after he had her on the ground? And didn't you watch the part before that when he was yelling at all these teenagers?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:43 pm

Watch the beginning of the video. He could have easily done the same thing to any of those boys in the beginning of the video. None of them were acting any worse than the girl.

And if you notice, the bigger girls are doing a lot more arguing with the cops than the one he brings down. He tells them to get lost and she goes but the others argue with him so why her? He could of easily pounced on one of the bigger girls right then when they were arguing before.

And then after he chases the bigger girls off he goes and gets her when she is leaving. What's the deal?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:58 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Wait...didn't he pull that gun out after he had her on the ground? And didn't you watch the part before that when he was yelling at all these teenagers?

Watch the beginning of the video. He could have easily done the same thing to any of those boys in the beginning of the video. None of them were acting any worse than the girl.

And if you notice, the bigger girls are doing a lot more arguing with the cops than the one he brings down. He tells them to get lost and she goes but the others argue with him so why her? He could of easily pounced on one of the bigger girls right then when they were arguing before.

And then after he chases the bigger girls off he goes and gets her when she is leaving. What's the deal?

He drew when they rushed at him as soon as she was on the ground; he reholstered when they fled and continued to restrain the woman. Yes, he was yelling orders and explanations.

We don't know why she was arrested, as you can't see what's happening prior to when she's put on the ground (she leaves and he follows it seems, but you can't make out anything), nor what led up to it (she may have been involved in something prior to when the camera was filming).

Taking these things out of context and applying wild speculation isn't the smart thing to do.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm

Dillogic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

He drew when they rushed at him as soon as she was on the ground; he reholstered when they fled and continued to restrain the woman. Yes, he was yelling orders and explanations.

We don't know why she was arrested, as you can't see what's happening prior to when she's put on the ground (she leaves and he follows it seems, but you can't make out anything), nor what led up to it (she may have been involved in something prior to when the camera was filming).

Taking these things out of context and applying wild speculation isn't the smart thing to do.

Okay then why not the other ones, the larger girls? They were being just as annoying as her. How can you deny it? They were all trespassing and not listening to officers. Why do you want to justify her treatment when she wasn't any worse than the others?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 6:21 pm

Dill, I think you are missing the obvious.

It just doesn't look good when a grown man, cop or not, starts wrestling with a teenage girl in a bikini. He comes off as a complete dufus.

And it should be noted that he slammed her to he sidewalk, which we all know is a deadly weapon, as was established in the Martin case. There was no need for deadly force.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 8:27 pm

androbot01 wrote:
It just doesn't look good when a grown man, cop or not, starts wrestling with a teenage girl in a bikini. He comes off as a complete dufus.

And it should be noted that he slammed her to he sidewalk, which we all know is a deadly weapon, as was established in the Martin case. There was no need for deadly force.

Saying he slammed her on the sidewalk is a little overzealous. It's hard to tell what made her do the little side flip (he only had his hands on her arm at the time); she could have been trying to free herself. The bit later on, where he pushed her head down so she'd lie flat on the ground, looked a little rough, but if she was fighting against him, you do need to use more force.

And if she didn't resist at all, she never would have experienced this.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 8:30 pm

Dillogic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
How can you even defend it. Not only that, she was clearly terrified. She had no place to put a weapon she was wearing a two piece swim suit. That officer crossed a line IMO. He had no right to sit on her like that.

I think he treated her that way because she was small and wearing that swim suit. There's more to this than meets the eye, I am sure. Probably hoping her swim suit would come off or something. Honestly, I wondered if the cop is some perv after watching that video.

Defend what? You can't see why she was arrested in such a way. If she struck him, even daintily, that's enough to be put on the ground like that whether you're a 100 pound girl or 200 pound man, and for good reason. Refusing to move and verbally abusing an officer tends to warrant the same response too, for another good reason. Of course she'd be scared, as she just got arrested and is going for a ride down to the station. You'd be surprised how many people call for mommy after acting hard to the police.

Your second paragraph is an opinion and most likely the least likely explanation of the event.

Why would a cop need to roughly grab some small teenage girl, throw her on the ground and sit on her...especially if they've got nothing but a bathing suit on? I can't imagine even if she was 'talking tough' that would be an appropriate response especially if the cops are dealing with minors...Of course it is always best to give the system full benefit of the doubt and assume its always in the right, because there's no problems with police brutiality or corruption currently...no certainly not.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 8:47 pm

Dillogic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
To me it just looked like she walked away and look at all those other girls, Dillogic. They walked away just like she did and he didn't do that to the chubbier ones with more clothing, just her. That was no way to treat a girl in a swim suit and a small girl does not need to be handled that way unless she is really wigging out and this girl wasn't. Watch the video. She wasn't even resisting when he had her down on the ground, just scared. In my opinion, the job is getting to that particular cop or something. He has some issues. Notice the other cops weren't as angry and cussing?

Just because she's small and in a swimsuit doesn't mean she's going to be treated any differently in regards to being taken down (other than probably only needing the one officer to do it). She was psychically resisting the arrest, which is why he had to use more physical force. She was singled out for a reason, yes, but your reasoning is that she's small and in a swimsuit being that reason, but there's so many more that are not just more logically sound, but also the most likely reason for it. Wait till that reason is known before jumping to conclusions.

He seemed pretty cool to me, especially when the males rushed at him, which the other officers went after when they fled.

Actually a police officer should certainly consider how much force they are using...being small and in a swimming suit is a factor in that and based on that he handled her very inappropriately, and article also says the cop hit her a couple times to top it off...her father obviously felt the officer acted inappropriately enough to be fired. It doesn't look to me like she was physically resisting...looks like she walked away with the other girls and the cop grabbed her to 'make an example' of someone before she even had a chance to resist....looks like her resisting was more panic that she's barely got anything on and he's grabbing her like that, not like she was actively resisting arrest. Maybe if you where a girl in a swim suit you'd understand. Also looks like the other officers where being a lot more reasonable than officer dick or at least that is what I'll call him.

And when did males 'rush' at him...looked like a group of boys approached him but rushing seems quite a strong term for the way they approached.

A 200 pound male fighting should certainly be handled very differently than a little girl in a swim suit...for you to suggest that shouldn't make a difference and the two should be handled the same is asinine.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 8:53 pm

Dillogic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

How it looks is:

Looks like that cop was out of control...and resisting passively you say? How the f*** do you do that?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 10:18 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
little girl in a bikini being manhandled by an out of control copper and friendly citizens coming to see if she's ok

How else are you supposed to put someone in cuffs/restrain them if they don't comply with your orders? 120 pound women can be quite strong, and if they don't want to be moved, you need to use quite a bit of energy to get them moving, which can lead to rough looking handling. If she complied, there would have been no reason for such.

The male in the blue shirt ran up to the officer and took what can be described as a fighting stance. The officer wouldn't know his intentions other than reading his body language due to how quick it happened; you'll note that drawing the firearm led to the situation being diffused.

This isn't a game. If you don't want to experience these things, do what the police say; it's not hard.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 10:39 am

Dillogic wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
little girl in a bikini being manhandled by an out of control copper and friendly citizens coming to see if she's ok

How else are you supposed to put someone in cuffs/restrain them if they don't comply with your orders? 120 pound women can be quite strong, and if they don't want to be moved, you need to use quite a bit of energy to get them moving, which can lead to rough looking handling. If she complied, there would have been no reason for such.

The male in the blue shirt ran up to the officer and took what can be described as a fighting stance. The officer wouldn't know his intentions other than reading his body language due to how quick it happened; you'll note that drawing the firearm led to the situation being diffused.

This isn't a game. If you don't want to experience these things, do what the police say; it's not hard.

I think 120 is a bit high. By the looks of her I'd say closer to 105, still a force. I can attest to this as my dog weighs 63 pounds and I need a prong collar to handle him.
However, the officer looks to weigh much more than her.

I disagree that the firearm diffused the situation. I don't think the situation was diffused at that time. He continued to assault her.

Your faith in the altruistic nature of authority may bite you in the ass.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 11:09 am

Welcome again to POLICE-STATE USA 2015...

...anybody who doesn't know by now that we're in a Police-State needs to get their head examined :nerdy:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 11:48 am

androbot01 wrote:
I think 120 is a bit high. By the looks of her I'd say closer to 105, still a force. I can attest to this as my dog weighs 63 pounds and I need a prong collar to handle him.
However, the officer looks to weigh much more than her.

I disagree that the firearm diffused the situation. I don't think the situation was diffused at that time. He continued to assault her.

Your faith in the altruistic nature of authority may bite you in the ass.

Whatever her weight, if she doesn't want to move, you're going to need to use force to move her; said force will look like...force no matter what. People like to say, "this looks bad", without actually providing how someone can go about restraining someone that doesn't want to be restrained. It's not an easy thing to do.

The firearm diffused the possible situation with the males. When that was over with, he went back to restraining her.

He tripped. That happens.

I don't have faith. Rather, I can analyze a situation in the context of why the police were called in the first place, without attaching emotion to it.