Appalled By How Cop Handles Teenage Girl!

Page 8 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 10:05 am

0regonGuy wrote:
Even some black cops think that running from the cops is not a bad idea, these days.

Quote:
Recent encounters with police spark new thoughts on how to react

For years, many black parents dutifully gave their kids “the talk,” a basic how-to-survive guide in dealing with police.

For the most part, the instructions have always been fairly consistent: Be polite. Obey commands. Know the police may see you as a greater threat because of your skin color. Don’t run or resist — even if you’re innocent.

But now, some parents say it’s time for a new directive, one based on a growing lack of trust in police by minorities: Run for your life.

Quote:
Quote:
Fleeing has risks

Running is risky, legal experts say, since the act of fleeing police could constitute a crime. But Rochelle Bilal, vice president of the National Black Police Association, acknowledged that running away could be a good idea in some instances if, for example, an officer is out of line and there are no witnesses around.

“If you’re actually in fear for your life from a police officer, then you need to do what you need to do to save your life, and if that means run, run,” said Bilal, a former Philadelphia police officer.

Recent encounters with police spark new thoughts on how to react

It's really too bad that the police have lost the trust of such a huge segment of the American people. And the police have no one to blame but themselves.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 10:37 am

I'm white and have never been in trouble with the police, rightly so. However, I've recently had occasion to be stopped twice for no reason and without incident. Both were BS stops and I felt very uncomfortable dealing with them, unlike anytime in the past. I don't trust cops. Most of my life, I felt safe while dealing with the cops. Now, I don't trust them anymore. When I say I don't trust them I don't just mean the 'bad cops'. I don't trust any of them anymore...

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

pcuser wrote:
I'm white and have never been in trouble with the police, rightly so. However, I've recently had occasion to be stopped twice for no reason and without incident. Both were BS stops and I felt very uncomfortable dealing with them, unlike anytime in the past. I don't trust cops. Most of my life, I felt safe while dealing with the cops. Now, I don't trust them anymore. When I say I don't trust them I don't just mean the 'bad cops'. I don't trust any of them anymore...

I don't trust the MFers either and think we'd be better of with fewer of them. However, I think a society without ANY police would be worse.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 12:16 pm

Raptor wrote:
pcuser wrote:

I don't trust the MFers either and think we'd be better of with fewer of them. However, I think a society without ANY police would be worse.

Let me say a few things first. I don't think all cops are bad. There are enough to make a really bad image. I also think a cop who doesn't report bad behavior is almost as guilty as the cop doing the behavior. I also think cops reporting other cops is a start in fixing the problem. However, I don't believe that will fix everything. Unfortunately, the bad cops are causing a significant decline in public trust, thus the uproar we see today. Lastly, white people have problems with cops too. It isn't simply a race issue. Things are complicated and there are grey areas...

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 12:29 pm

This post needs a kind of a "Save a Donut. Kill a Cop." video...

Raptor wrote:
pcuser wrote:

P.S.: I do NOT advocate actually killing anybody. What needs to be known though is that, the more "punishment-based" a society, the MORE that "crime" will continue to exist in said society, and it's related to the types of punishments that are meted out. Take a look at the statistics of the types of crimes that occur in certain locations. Places that are full of thefts generally have theft-like punishments (e.g.: impounding of your vehicle™, confiscating of your property, etc), places that are full of killings tend to have more capital-punishment, places with lots of rape tend to have body-violating punishments (such as forced psychiatric-drugging), etc.

This is also NOT an accident, but entirely related to the kinds of punishments that are promoted & supported by any particular community, and if they pay/fund their police who impound a lot of cars, you will statistically see that the incidences of theft will be higher in that particular community than that of a less punishment-happy community if you research the actual statistics & correlated it with the types of punishments that are meted out by said community (therefore, stop with the types of punishments that themselves resemble criminal-activity, and you reduce that type of crime within said community [...because "karma" is over-powered since a crime is still a crime regardless of whether it's being done by "authority" or anybody "carrying a badge" or "officialdom" or "carrying out orders" or "authorisation" or "wearing a uniform" to commit said crimes, etc]).

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 10:08 am

pcuser wrote:
Raptor wrote:
pcuser wrote:

Let me say a few things first. I don't think all cops are bad. There are enough to make a really bad image.

Me either and I've met several good ones. One of my uncles retired as a police chief. I still don't trust cops as a whole. As a whole they tend to look at anyone not behind a badge as a criminal they just haven't caught yet.

Quote:
I also think a cop who doesn't report bad behavior is almost as guilty as the cop doing the behavior. I also think cops reporting other cops is a start in fixing the problem. However, I don't believe that will fix everything.
That's not even gonna happen in the foreseeable future. It's that "them against us" mentality.Law enforcement is a fraternity.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the bad cops are causing a significant decline in public trust, thus the uproar we see today. Lastly, white people have problems with cops too. It isn't simply a race issue. Things are complicated and there are grey areas...
Police/Race issues are what's in vogue now after what has happened in Missouri and Maryland. This could lead to them being reluctant to confront or apprehend blacks for fear of backlash.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 12:24 pm

Raptor wrote:
pcuser wrote:
Raptor wrote:
pcuser wrote:

Let me say a few things first. I don't think all cops are bad. There are enough to make a really bad image.

Me either and I've met several good ones. One of my uncles retired as a police chief. I still don't trust cops as a whole. As a whole they tend to look at anyone not behind a badge as a criminal they just haven't caught yet.

Quote:
I also think a cop who doesn't report bad behavior is almost as guilty as the cop doing the behavior. I also think cops reporting other cops is a start in fixing the problem. However, I don't believe that will fix everything.
That's not even gonna happen in the foreseeable future. It's that "them against us" mentality.Law enforcement is a fraternity.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the bad cops are causing a significant decline in public trust, thus the uproar we see today. Lastly, white people have problems with cops too. It isn't simply a race issue. Things are complicated and there are grey areas...
Police/Race issues are what's in vogue now after what has happened in Missouri and Maryland. This could lead to them being reluctant to confront or apprehend blacks for fear of backlash.

Where do we disagree. I think you simply extrapolated what I said???