So what do y'all think of Rachel Dolezal?

Page 9 of 15 [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 1:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't think we in the Spokane area have even thought about her for years now. Too bad, as she certainly came across as a genuine civil rights activist.

Is she a local of Spokane?

That reminds me, the Ozarks/Missouri anywhere near Spokane?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 1:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't think we in the Spokane area have even thought about her for years now. Too bad, as she certainly came across as a genuine civil rights activist.

Is she a local of Spokane?

That reminds me, the Ozarks/Missouri anywhere near Spokane?

She is indeed a local of Spokane. I assume she's still around here.
Nope, the Ozarks/Missouri are half a country away.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 1:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I think the AA community should have done more to assimilate her.

I have a craving to visit the Ozarks, it seems to be getting a lot of publicity on netflix and on unsolved mysteries

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 1:46 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think the AA community should have done more to assimilate her.

I have a craving to visit the Ozarks, it seems to be getting a lot of publicity on netflix and on unsolved mysteries

From what I gather from the article, some with past experience with her have.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 4:01 am

Rachel Dolezal, isn't that another name for cocaine? :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 8:54 am

"Identifying" as a person of another race doesn't seem to be an issue if your politics are on the proper side.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 10:54 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
"Identifying" as a person of another race doesn't seem to be an issue if your politics are on the proper side.

How so?
Her politics were "on the proper side", were they not?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 1:23 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

How so?
Her politics were "on the proper side", were they not?

As a civil rights activist, she certainly was.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 4:18 am

You don't get to be the top of the NAACP unless you are a "woke" sister :lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 11:52 am

What do I think of her? I think no one cared that she had black skin, it was her lies that upset everyone. She lied about her childhood, her heritage. Then her parents exposed her.

Of course she will claim people got mad at her for not being truly black but i think it was her lies that got her into trouble.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 11:59 am

naturalplastic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not scorning the woman at all. She's free to make up whatever lies she wishes about her ethnicity. It makes no difference to me, quite frankly. However, the point I'm laboring to make is that Jenner's lie is far more understandable. Would you have had the courage to come out as he did, recently, ten years ago? How about thirty years ago?

What if it were possible to undergo "racial reassignment" even though I hate the term "racial" at the moment because I see how it harms us. It's like Dolezal was preparing to undergo racial reassignment much like someone would if they were going from one gender to another, only because there's no advances in this area, she, by circumstance is not allowed to transition fully but would if she could. Get what I'm saying? So, like transgenders will tell people they are the gender they are transitioning into, she told people the race she would transition into if the technology was there. So it's not that different at all. She should not be condemned since she has worked hard to help others. That has been a mission of hers. People are going to put her through the ringer then tomorrow praise Jenner to the skies. I don't understand why the would behave like this. What if she had Jenner's fame and money yet no one knew she was really white and she divulged the secret? Would they still hate her?

I cant figure out what your point is.

Jenner never lied to anyone about anything to do with gender.
Dolezal is a White woman who lied that she was Black.

So how are the two comparable?

You're responding to a 5 year old post but it was a transphobic one.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 12:02 pm

League_Girl wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'm not scorning the woman at all. She's free to make up whatever lies she wishes about her ethnicity. It makes no difference to me, quite frankly. However, the point I'm laboring to make is that Jenner's lie is far more understandable. Would you have had the courage to come out as he did, recently, ten years ago? How about thirty years ago?

What if it were possible to undergo "racial reassignment" even though I hate the term "racial" at the moment because I see how it harms us. It's like Dolezal was preparing to undergo racial reassignment much like someone would if they were going from one gender to another, only because there's no advances in this area, she, by circumstance is not allowed to transition fully but would if she could. Get what I'm saying? So, like transgenders will tell people they are the gender they are transitioning into, she told people the race she would transition into if the technology was there. So it's not that different at all. She should not be condemned since she has worked hard to help others. That has been a mission of hers. People are going to put her through the ringer then tomorrow praise Jenner to the skies. I don't understand why the would behave like this. What if she had Jenner's fame and money yet no one knew she was really white and she divulged the secret? Would they still hate her?

I cant figure out what your point is.

Jenner never lied to anyone about anything to do with gender.
Dolezal is a White woman who lied that she was Black.

So how are the two comparable?

You're responding to a 5 year old post but it was a transphobic one.

Yes. I know that it's old. But I hoped someone might jump in and explain it. Which you kinda did just now. Thanx.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 1:39 pm

Caitlyn Jenner has been lieing her whole life about being a man.

Be the hero of your life.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 2:09 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Caitlyn Jenner has been lieing her whole life about being a man.

But anatomically she WAS a man during 99 percent of her life, including the decade when he/she was a famous athlete on the Wheaties boxes. So how was that a "lie"?

If you define keeping quiet about your gender dysphoria as a lie of omission then what was he/she to do otherwise?

If he/she and confessed to "being a woman" what could he do? Say "I am a woman, but I cant prove it because if I pull down my pants you will see I have male equipment"?

And also you're contradicting yourself. Jenner and Dolezel were born as thing A (male, white),and both later both became thing B(female, and Black). But you're claiming that Jenner was "lying" while being thing A, but you're saying Dolezal was lying when she became thing B. Either they were both "lying" when they both being what they were born as, or they were both lying when they became the thing they later became. you're damning one of them for doing one thing, and damning the other for doing the opposite thing!

Dolezal lived a story that implied that her parents and whole linneage went back to Africa via American slavery, and the generations in America since slavery, and was ethnically Black (both by DNA and by culture). So it was a lie by omission about not just herself, but about her whole ancestry. Jenner, and his transformation was just about himself.

Dolezal, I assume, has owned up. And I assume is public that she is not really Black but still identifies WITH Black folks. And if thats the case then it's perfectly fine for her to be active in BLM or whatever IMHO.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 7:41 pm

League_Girl wrote:
What do I think of her? I think no one cared that she had black skin, it was her lies that upset everyone. She lied about her childhood, her heritage. Then her parents exposed her.

Of course she will claim people got mad at her for not being truly black but i think it was her lies that got her into trouble.

She was mercilessly ridiculed by black comedians but it seems strange given the concept of race was hierarchically imposed by white people I find it strange they now object to somebody who wants to be transracial. African Americans can't have it both ways.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 7:48 pm

League_Girl wrote:

It would be a stretch to describe her as having black skin. I know people of (partial, their mom is Irish and Welsh) Sicilian ancestry darker than her. She's pretty 'racially ambiguous' looking.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う