So what do y'all think of Rachel Dolezal?

Page 14 of 15 [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 4:35 pm

Magneto wrote:
So no, we aren't. Just the same BS that's used constantly to deny that the English exist as a people. Because if a nation is formed in a non-immaculate conception, they don't get to exist, or something.

Those are not ethnic groups that exist in England today.

It's all so tiresome.

And yet they are invoked when talking about a "son of the soil" or "thoroughly English"....we have a similar thing in Australia called "true bliue" or "true Aussie"

In America when you hear "all American"

We all know what that's code for...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 8:16 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
The left believes in *inclusion*.

Think you're X, then you're X.

What is wrong with social inclusion?

Rachel Dolezal thinks she's X, somehow some of the left want to be *exclusionary* (discriminatory).

Exclusionary in what way? I though inclusion is the mantra of the left :lol:

I'm pretty certain the left is inclusive.

And yet, the left discriminated against Rachel for being trans-racial.

Actually, most of her critics here in the Spokane area have been to the right. The NAACP Spokane chapter, hardly a right wing organization, had wanted to keep her on, as she was a dedicated civil rights champion.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 8:26 pm

In retrospect her contributions should be admired.

I am guessing a few of the Spokane residents might also see her as a traitor :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 8:46 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I am guessing a few of the Spokane residents might also see her as a traitor :lol:

There are those. But most people around here, I think, just question her sanity for living a fiction for so long.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 9:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

There are those. But most people around here, I think, just question her sanity for living a fiction for so long.

We have blonde haired blue eyed Aussies living in aboriginal camps who have been adopted into tribes. The aboriginal people accept them.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2020, 7:37 am

Rachel Dolezal is a glitch in the American Matrix of identity in America.

Now there's new Rachel Dolezal....and she's damn cute :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2020, 11:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

We have blonde haired blue eyed Aussies living in aboriginal camps who have been adopted into tribes. The aboriginal people accept them.

To be fair, if Australia is anything like here, those blond haired, blued-eyed folk might be aboriginal people with mixed ancestry.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2020, 11:41 am

Her newly-minted identity doesn't bother me at all. I grew up in Inner Cities, and knew plenty of "white" people who were more down with Urban Culture than I was.

What bothers me a little is if her professional career involved taking money that was targeted for genetic blacks (problematic as all of these categories are).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 12:47 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

To be fair, if Australia is anything like here, those blond haired, blued-eyed folk might be aboriginal people with mixed ancestry.

Some do and many don't. A lot of itinerant travellers and transient men move in and out of tribes. Many of them are infact foreigners given many aboriginal names are Portueguese, German, Italian. eastern European and other "exotic" Europeans.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 12:51 am

Romofan wrote:
What bothers me a little is if her professional career involved taking money that was targeted for genetic blacks (problematic as all of these categories are).

Her position as head of the NAACP was voluntary and unpaid. She devoted many hours of her life to civil rights and bought up two black children. She has done more for African Americans than 95% of their own community.

A lot of the vitriol from the AAs towards Dolezal is misdirected and unnecessary and (I hate to say it) comes from blind ignorance.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 12:48 pm

stumbled upon this Utube vid, and was reminded of this thread. Dolezal is on the list with others. The folks (and their motives) listed range from the reprehensible, to the downright criminal, to the pathetic and sad, to the oddly sympathetic and even strangely admirable.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 2:19 pm

I was reading CNN early this morning and I read another story of another woman who pretended to be black.

I don't remember the woman's name,but the article likely can be googled.

This is becoming a pattern of behavior seemingly amongst women.

I think we will more such stories like in the future.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 2:23 pm

Jessica Krug of George Washington University a Latin and African studies professor.This is the person from above post.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 10:28 pm

Krug's situation is slightly different in that she faked information in some of her publications which is technically academic fraud.

She pre-empted being "outed" by firing herself from her academic post. I am not sure if further action will be taken? but would have thought she already paid a heavy price. Apparently she was very popular with many students and did inspire africam american girls to pursue higher education.

Dolezal's situation is less "unethical" and more to do with people's beliefs about transracial crossing the mythical black/white line.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2020, 1:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Krug's situation is slightly different in that she faked information in some of her publications which is technically academic fraud.

She pre-empted being "outed" by firing herself from her academic post. I am not sure if further action will be taken? but would have thought she already paid a heavy price. Apparently she was very popular with many students and did inspire africam american girls to pursue higher education.

Dolezal's situation is less "unethical" and more to do with people's beliefs about transracial crossing the mythical black/white line.

I wonder what motivated these mostly women to do this.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2020, 2:18 am

vermontsavant wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I wonder what motivated these mostly women to do this.

Good question? there is a term for this it's called "blackfishing" which has been used to label Dolezal and Krug
https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-46427180

But I again I don't agree with the African Americans who come up with these terms. The girls accused claim they are showing cultural appreciation and are not stealing anything. I tend to agree with the white girls here. On tik tok 90% of the white teens are dancing to hiphop and rap music because they like the music. It never made sense that if music/fashion is public then who gets to decide ownership especially if the African Americans are making money selling their clothing lines, hair braiding and music to white people who are keeping them in business? I think they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Dolezal and Krug were knowingly living a double life in terms of their identity and while Krug did commit academic fraud I do think Dolezal is actually appreciative of black culture and identity and should have been welcomed rather than be shunned (it technically goes against what Martin Luther King said about the goals of the African Americans to live in a society where they aspire not to be judged on the color of their skin.).

The only winners with making this abhorrent are white racists who always saw Dolezal and Krug as traitors and don't want their own children appreciating black culture.