White guy kills multiple people in black church

Page 8 of 16 [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 11:01 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
1. What does your reply here have to do with 0regonGuy's gun hating comments?

Can you be more specific?

You replied to my reply to 0regonGuy with an answer to my earlier reply to you.
androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
2. Go back and find one instance where I said that concealed, or the possession in general of a firearm on one's person, always solves the problem. I double-dog dare you.

Well I triple-dog dare you to give me a reason to.

androbot01 wrote:
All I'm saying is guns are a great tool, but they're not the entire toolkit. To say that had someone there been armed the problem would be solved is to see only one part of the problem. I think another tool is prevention. Western society warehouses children to free up their parents to work and consume. Teachers aren't parents or psychiatrists, but they act in that role. I would suggest that the current system not only fails to address these issues, but actually creates them.
So guns aren't going anywhere, but wouldn't it be good to try to make them less useful?

1. I never said that guns were fix-all but having one handy gives one the availability of a tool they wouldn't otherwise have and may be able to use it to thwart an attack like that. A gun IS a tool, not a good luck talisman that actually wards off evil. It is only as good as it's user and can only be used in certain situations. Again, where have I said otherwise? Find it.

2. The economic and cultural issues, both real and imagined, are irrelevant when the s**t hits the fan. We're having to deal with situations like this on the backside when lead is flying and the only thing to do is to run, fight back, or die.

3. I love guns and shooting so guns will be useful to me even if i was the last person on earth.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 11:25 pm

Raptor wrote:
1. I never said that guns were fix-all but having one handy gives one the availability of a tool they wouldn't otherwise have and may be able to use it to thwart an attack like that. A gun IS a tool, not a good luck talisman that actually wards off evil. It is only as good as it's user and can only be used in certain situations. Again, where have I said otherwise? Find it.

Dude, chill out.

Quote:
2. The economic and cultural issues, both real and imagined, are irrelevant when the s**t hits the fan. We're having to deal with situations like this on the backside when lead is flying and the only thing to do is to run, fight back, or die.

I would look for another alternative. And I agree that you guys are in a real pickle with the repercussions of slavery. I don't know how the U.S. will resolve it. But a bloodbath does seem possible.

Quote:
3. I love guns and shooting so guns will be useful to me even if i was the last person on earth.

I don't have exposure to guns, but they are quite the invention.

KimD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2015, 11:29 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Terrible. :(
If god exists then where was he if they were in a church when all this happened? :x

If god exists but lets "bad things happen to good people," (a debate for another day) then s/he is either not all-powerful or is simply a total [email protected]@rd.

My heart goes out to the victims' loved ones as well as to the survivors and their families.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 11:48 pm

@Raptor:

*Poor taste buzzer*
Your opinion seems perfectly reasonable, in the event it doesn't, that's probably because you go on & on evangelizing one tiny part of a melange of constitutions whenever the subject arises, like when billions of people are mourning the brutal ambush of innocent people studying a peaceful way of life. Do you double-dog-dare people at funerals?

I've enjoyed the safe use of firearms myself. I was trained in range safety at a young age. In that very same organization, I solemnly swore reverence. Your conduct here does not strike me as reverent.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 12:34 am

androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Dude, chill out.

Another way of sayng "I can't find where you said gunz are a fix-all but I can't bring myself to admit I was wrong".

androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I would look for another alternative. And I agree that you guys are in a real pickle with the repercussions of slavery. I don't know how the U.S. will resolve it. But a bloodbath does seem possible.

Slavery ended 150 years ago. If there are repercussions it'll only be using slavery as an excuse. I can't see a bloodbath happening but if there were I would think it would be rather lopsided.

androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I don't have exposure to guns, but they are quite the invention.

Here ya go.
Some have gun rentals....
Shooting ranges in Ontario

"Dude, chill out."
Please.... :roll:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 12:37 am

Slavery never ended, it was just expanded to enslave practically everyone. One sure way to enslave oneself is being armed to the teeth. All that means is a military-industrial complex built on your back.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 12:41 am

cberg wrote:
@Raptor:

*Poor taste buzzer*
Your opinion seems perfectly reasonable, in the event it doesn't, that's probably because you go on & on evangelizing one tiny part of a melange of constitutions whenever the subject arises, like when billions of people are mourning the brutal ambush of innocent people studying a peaceful way of life. Do you double-dog-dare people at funerals?

I've enjoyed the safe use of firearms myself. I was trained in range safety at a young age. In that very same organization, I solemnly swore reverence. Your conduct here does not strike me as reverent.

Yes, that dreadful Raptor strikes again.
Something must be done before he says something irreverent again!! !
Next.... :roll:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 12:48 am

Raptor wrote:
"Dude, chill out."

I know plenty of better means of relaxation than ballistics. That said, if I had the space to use one responsibly I would probably own a Howitzer.

You're welcome to say you want to deep fry & eat every president and prime minister in the world for all I care. All I really mean is that you have no idea who could be reading this thread as you type. It's not that something must be done about your gun advocacy, only that something will be done. However semantically insignificant, you're advocating for one of many driving forces behind genocide.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 12:51 am

cberg wrote:
Slavery never ended, it was just expanded to enslave practically everyone. One sure way to enslave oneself is being armed to the teeth. All that means is a military-industrial complex built on your back.

And you won't believe just how large that military-industrial complex really is. However, I'm presently employed by a small defense contractor so it's paying my bills. A few years ago the libs on the PPR forum fussed and swiveled about me being a defense contractor but I was actually on a NASA contract then. They just made the assumption and I let them go on believing.
But I do believe in a strong national defense (or offense for that matter) and you won't see that change about me.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 1:01 am

I'm well aware, thanks. It's cute when people talk down to the hacking public. NASA I may work for, I will never touch your business because as I said I've made quite a few promises not to, because the only excuse for building so many weapons is probably alien invasion. Otherwise they just make mutually assured destruction all the more plausible. Instead of building death machines I'll instead be focusing my energies on learning more Russian.

I wouldn't believe you for two seconds if you told me you had ever seen firsthand what even the most rudimentary weapon is capable of. When it happens, and judging by your outlook it probably will, your tune will change before you can even hear it. Good luck affirming your life by effacing others.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 1:13 am

cberg wrote:
Raptor wrote:
"Dude, chill out."

I know plenty of better means of relaxation than ballistics. That said, if I had the space to use one responsibly I would probably own a Howitzer.

You're welcome to say you want to deep fry & eat every president and prime minister in the world for all I care. All I really mean is that you have no idea who could be reading this thread as you type.

I said I wanted to deep fry and eat a president and/or prime minster where?? Find it, please.
Everyone knows I much prefer my national leaders to be breaded and pan fried over a low flame. Deep frying meat just won't do.

cberg wrote:
It's not that something must be done about your gun advocacy, only that something will be done.

Oh my! I am a'feerd now. :o
cberg wrote:
However semantically insignificant, you're advocating for one of many driving forces behind genocide.

And how!
Check out my facebook pic. :D

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 1:17 am

:jester: At least we have lulz...

When there are lulz, I can finally get some sleep. Have fun with your stingers, predator drones and BUKs, I'll be the hippie with the Jiffy Pop, stack of tumbleweeds and the box fan.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 1:22 am

cberg wrote:
I'm well aware, thanks. It's cute when people talk down to the hacking public.

Oh don't feel bad, I talk down to everyone. Condescension is only one of the services I provide. :D

Quote:
NASA I may work for, I will never touch your business because as I said I've made quite a few promises not to, because the only excuse for building so many weapons is probably alien invasion. Otherwise they just make mutually assured destruction all the more plausible. Instead of building death machines I'll instead be focusing my energies on learning more Russian.

Russian can be really annoying to listen to after a while.
I'll pass.

Quote:
I wouldn't believe you for two seconds if you told me you had ever seen firsthand what even the most rudimentary weapon is capable of. When it happens, and judging by your outlook it probably will, your tune will change before you can even hear it. Good luck affirming your life by effacing others.

I sure ain't no peacenik.

Well, that's it for me we're dealing with you is concerned in this thread. If you want to continue derail a thread on this tragic event in Charleston into a personal trollfest you'll have to find another sparring partner.
G'night.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 1:40 am

This is personal for anyone with a conscience. Frankly you're pretty cool, though the last thing anyone close to this massacre wants to see anyone doing is burning bridges. I'll forgive your pejoratives man, I'm just here to keep everyone in the same spirit of pensive reflection I saw on world news.

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 2:20 am

So sad. Such senseless killings. He deserves the worst.

Do we know yet if he was on the spectrum? The way people describe him, he seems to really fit the profile. If he was, it doesn't surprise me.