White guy kills multiple people in black church

Page 2 of 15 [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 3:20 pm

Doubt there'd be much of a point in making this dude the arbiter of racism. Much like making Lanza the arbiter of child abuse. An arbiter of...nothing, really.

He's obviously just a murderous antisocial loner that used whatever reason he liked to satisfy his murderous tendencies.

Nothing you can do about these things, other than precognition.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Fox News is currently trying to spin the shooting as an attack on Christianity, and not a hate crime - despite the fact that the shooter had said something to the effect of: "You rape our women, you're taking over the country, you have to go." Sounds pretty racist to me. By implying that this had been inspired by so called hostility to Christian values, I personally believe they are trying to link the shooter to the LGBT rights movement, and gay marriage. And after beating the drum for so many years with the message that racism is done with, and that police violence against blacks isn't racially motivated, I figure they think they can't just turn around and admit that, yes, racism and racist violence is still very real.

Nice try the guy was wearing a apartheid era South African and Rhodesian flag on his jacket and reported to have said "I wanted to kill black people"

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 3:27 pm

Perhaps it was a black person who gave him that haircut, and when he looked in the mirror he just lost it. ;)

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 7:16 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Doubt there'd be much of a point in making this dude the arbiter of racism. Much like making Lanza the arbiter of child abuse. An arbiter of...nothing, really.

He's obviously just a murderous antisocial loner that used whatever reason he liked to satisfy his murderous tendencies.

Nothing you can do about these things, other than precognition.

HE IS A RACIST by his own words. I know it scares you to admit the obvious, but you must try...

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 7:21 pm

pcuser wrote:
HE IS A RACIST by his own words. I know it scares you to admit the obvious, but you must try...

You mistake me.

He can be racist, but you don't use that as the standard to judge a nation regarding racism.

An act of what amounts to a madman is a very rare occurrence, and you don't base anything on it.

You judge a nation on something like racism by the normal day to day things that everyone has a decent chance of experiencing.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 7:30 pm

Dillogic wrote:
pcuser wrote:

You mistake me.

He can be racist, but you don't use that as the standard to judge a nation regarding racism.

An act of what amounts to a madman is a very rare occurrence, and you don't base anything on it.

You judge a nation on something like racism by the normal day to day things that everyone has a decent chance of experiencing.

Are you then saying racism isn't a problem in this country?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 7:40 pm

Clearly the church and/or its congregants didn't learn from a similar shooting in 2007 at a Colorado church ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Colo ... _shootings ) where an armed church member returned fire and wounded the shooter who then shot himself dead. The shooter cited "psychological abuse at the hands of his parents as the main reason for his hatred of Christianity." Immediately after the shootings, several congregations in the United States dropped firearm prohibitions and a few recommended attending with firearms.

For those who obsess about such things, the shooter was white.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 7:46 pm

pcuser wrote:
Are you then saying racism isn't a problem in this country?

Where did I say that?

No personal experience, as I don't live there.

But from an outsider's perspective, I see that whites, blacks and browns can do most things in the US as long as they were born with the required skill set. So, it doesn't seem too bad to me. But then, I have low expectations of things.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 8:04 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
And where is the southern white outrage?

Why would there be outrage from southern whites? Wouldn't the blacks be the ones who are pissed off?

That's a joke. A reference to the way that people ask where the muslim outrage is when a muslim terrorist attacks someone.

However, it's pretty disgusting that the governor of that state, who flies a confederate flag over it's capitol, says he we'll just never know where the motivation came from.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm

/\ So the confederate flag over the state capital bears some responsibility for this, eh?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 9:34 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ So the confederate flag over the state capital bears some responsibility for this, eh?

No just the culture of racism it symbolizes.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 9:43 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
Raptor wrote:

No just the culture of racism it symbolizes.

Well, the people of South Carolina must not mind the flag very much or it'd be gone.
And, yes, there are a lot of black people in that state.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 10:11 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
And where is the southern white outrage?

Why would there be outrage from southern whites? Wouldn't the blacks be the ones who are pissed off?

That's a joke. A reference to the way that people ask where the muslim outrage is when a muslim terrorist attacks someone.

However, it's pretty disgusting that the governor of that state, who flies a confederate flag over it's capitol, says he we'll just never know where the motivation came from.

I wouldn't take that flag seriously. It's about South Carolina history in particular more than anything else. They fly it for the tourists. There's white supremists all over the country and even more in places that flag doesn't represent in the slightest, like up north in union territory. It's a way of saying this is where it began - the dissolving of the union, but it didn't last, did it? Won't happen again, either.

Don't get me wrong, in my opinion, slavery is one of the biggest evils ever but that flag is pretty much meaningless these days. People are racist with or without it. It's just a symbol of a bygone era and evil people will exploit that symbol, unfortunately. South Carolina isn't exploiting it in the way evil people do since it is a part of the United States and highly regards civil rights.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 11:32 pm

That's some strangely out of date racism, I mean South Africa and Rhodesia, really? Especially odd in such a young person.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 1:37 am

This man may be twisted and unrepresentative of the norm. This doesn't mean that racism is not an issue in the US. There are plenty of hate groups out there who are probably applauding this man in secret.

People get brainwashed into doing things like this. It's really not funny.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 2:18 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:
People get brainwashed into doing things like this. It's really not funny.

People will find a reason to justify the things that their brain is wired for (compartmentalization), or they are compelled through emotional turmoil, psychoses, and/or drug starting/withdrawing (this is the "official" consensus so far with serial/spree killers). No, it's not funny, but the reason is moot overall and isn't pointing to any specific problem in your nation (other than what the media likes to think is the problem, which ironically, has the potential to do as much damage as any hate group with brainwashing; the media are never held accountable for their actions).