Transgender panelist threatens another panelist

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 12:14 am

Such things are extremely rare. Many trans people wish they'd have that, but nearly all of them don't.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 12:19 am

blauSamstag wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Once science definitively understands trans people, then won't the sex chromosome definitions change?

For example, in the year 2300, perhaps the medical textbooks will say, "female can have XX or XY chromosomes" because we have moved past simplistic thinking ?

Nope. that difference determines which half of the tool set you have for procreation.

But what about intersex people? Don't some of them have DNA that seems to oppose what sex organs they have? Also, what does genetics have to do with gender identity?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 12:54 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:
Perhaps you could say that but I would also say the response is UNDERSTANDABLE. Understandable being the key word.

Ben Shapiro's glib obtuness was making ME furious and I am not transgender. Simply MADDENING how he REFUSES to refer to Zoey as a SHE. This is deliberate and calculated. He may see it as "he is right and she is wrong" but I see it as an ATTACK. And I assume this is how Zoey saw it. When you understand how Zoey FELT it was an attack, her response is UNDERSTANDABLE. I'm not saying it's politically correct or full of tact but it is understandable. To paint Ben Shaprio as an innocent victim is wrong. He knew that his comment would be deeply offensive to Zoey and he said it anyway and then plays victim when he gets an attack that he KNOWS is coming

Sorry, I don't like personal attacks. I don't like threats of violence. But everyone can be driven to this point. No one is above it.

I've almost been driven to that point, twice this summer by people that have known me for years. I told one of those people that I wish to be treated as a man, because I've felt that I'm that way on the inside from a very young age. The person that I told this to is a Christian man and he preaches to everyone. He said, "But, God made you a woman!" I told him, "I don't care. Part of the reason that I dress like The Kinks and that I'd rather walk around town the way I naturally look - like Mick Avory, than pluck my eyebrows, grow my hair and dress in the latest female fashions, is because I'm Transgendered." He told me, "Of course you want to do that, because you like the time and their music." I told him, "That's true, but there's a lot more to it than that." He said, "You can do what you want." I went back and apologized, because I felt that I was being too harsh on him with the words of my reality.

The second time I was nearly driven to that point was when another man who's known me for years were saying to me best friend and I, "I don't understand Transgendered people. As a Christian, I don't understand why anybody would want to change their gender." I tried to explain things from my experience to him twice. He told me that being in a relationship would help me. I tried to explain to him that not everybody is relationship material.

I didn't act on those aggressive feelings, because I'm not one to make things worse than they already are in those situations, and also because I have a role model whom I happen to be very similar to in many ways.

I've felt very alone for the past few days after the library incident where that man was talking to my friend and I, as a Transgendered Christian. I'm afraid to walk into a church sometimes, because I'm not sure how everybody is going to react to my presence, knowing that I'm different in that way.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 1:22 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
That guy has a genetic defect that caused him to grow extra parts but he was not producing eggs or capable of bearing a child.

The article states:

- he has " a fully functioning uterus, ovaries and even a cervix"
-"Because he has ovaries it is possible Rob could produce eggs, and since he has a uterus it is conceivable he could even carry a baby himself".

Why do you think he can't produce eggs and have kids ?

Doesn't he undermine your statement that chromosomes determine procreation parts?

Not really no.

Was he menstruating? Article doesn't say.

The potential for him to get pregnant appears to be conjecture. I can't find any reference to anyone with PMDS ever becoming pregnant, or producing eggs.

There are two kinds of PMDS, both genetic defects, both result in men with additional organs which appear to be superfluous, much like extra nipples. or nipples on men at all.

Your genes determine your biological gender, and short of radical gene therapy of a kind not yet possible, you can't ever change it.

Dress how you want, take hormones or not, have plastic surgery or not, use the other wash room or not, change your name or not, you are still your genes and your mind. You can change your mind all you want but right now it does not appear you can change your genes.

Nobody's fault. Not even the romans.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 1:38 am

Until science can change one's chromosomes, the pronouns used must match them, unless you have a disorder of sex development. Sorry, trans people. Too bad our pronouns can't be like those in Turkish, completely gender-neutral. You just gotta deal.

And, if you think about it, trying to change someone's chromosomes can create abnormal growths (and eventually cancer), because it may interfere with the body's ability to regulate cell reproduction.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 2:45 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

Your genes determine your biological gender,

This is closer to the truth, but still I don't think it's right. Because there are drugs they have given pregnant women that cause sexual development birth defects.

It's probably genes + environmental factors + some randomness.

blauSamstag wrote:
Dress how you want, take hormones or not, have plastic surgery or not, use the other wash room or not, change your name or not, you are still your genes and your mind. You can change your mind all you want but right now it does not appear you can change your genes.

Medicine evolves. When they discover what causes trans people, they may simply update their definitions to say "XY chromosomes" could be a biological female.

What you are citing as the truth, is simply some made up concept by some humans that poorly understand things.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 3:38 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Medicine evolves. When they discover what causes trans people, they may simply update their definitions to say "XY chromosomes" could be a biological female.

What you are citing as the truth, is simply some made up concept by some humans that poorly understand things.

Nope.

What causes gender dysphoria is not well understood, just as what causes body integrity identity disorder is not well understood. That the human mind can tie itself in knots is known, and that there are sometimes biological causes of that is known.

How gender is assigned biologically is quite well understood. I do not think that XX vs. XY definitions will ever change.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:05 pm

A hypothetical question:

What if, in the quest to understand trans people, science discovers that in a majority of people who have XY chromosomes but feel as though they should have XX chromosomes, these feelings are caused by a specific hormone imbalance that can be fixed with a prescription, orally administered drug.

Would that alter the ethical considerations of gender reassignment surgery? Given that the Hippocratic ethic is "first, do no harm".

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:33 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
How gender is assigned biologically is quite well understood. I do not think that XX vs. XY definitions will ever change.
Science does not even know what genes or process are involved in sex determination.

"Despite the progress made during the past several decades in the study of sex determination, the SRY gene, and the TDF protein, work is still being done to further our understanding in these areas. There remain factors that need to be identified in the sex-determining molecular network, and the chromosomal changes involved in many other human sex-reversal cases are still unknown. Scientists continue to search for additional sex-determining genes, using techniques such as microarray screening of the genital ridge genes at varying developmental stages, mutagenesis screens in mice for sex-reversal phenotypes, and identifying the genes that transcription factors act on using chromatin immunoprecipitation".
See, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testis_de ... g_research

/-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/
2. Out of curiosity, I found out medicine has already treaded down this path ...

"XX males"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XX_male_syndrome

"XY females"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_gonadal_dysgenesis

At basic level of matter, there is random particle collision, therefore, I suggest, all things of matter will follow a spectrum/probability distribution because of these random collisions. Therefore, the exclusive categories of "male" and "female" don't make sense, because there won't be a single point of differentiation.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 7:06 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
Science does not even know what genes or process are involved in sex determination.

"Despite the progress made during the past several decades in the study of sex determination, the SRY gene, and the TDF protein, work is still being done to further our understanding in these areas. There remain factors that need to be identified in the sex-determining molecular network, and the chromosomal changes involved in many other human sex-reversal cases are still unknown. Scientists continue to search for additional sex-determining genes, using techniques such as microarray screening of the genital ridge genes at varying developmental stages, mutagenesis screens in mice for sex-reversal phenotypes, and identifying the genes that transcription factors act on using chromatin immunoprecipitation".
See, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testis_de ... g_research

/-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/
2. Out of curiosity, I found out medicine has already treaded down this path ...

"XX males"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XX_male_syndrome

"XY females"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_gonadal_dysgenesis

At basic level of matter, there is random particle collision, therefore, I suggest, all things of matter will follow a spectrum/probability distribution because of these random collisions. Therefore, the exclusive categories of "male" and "female" don't make sense, because there won't be a single point of differentiation.

I'm sorry but your arguments are still fraught with fallacy.

"work is still being done" sure. But extremely rare defects are hardly supporting evidence.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 11:07 am

Apparently the trans-woman still has enough balls to act like a drunken frat boy on national television.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 12:18 pm

This woman had been a combat vet, and so it's of little surprise that she'd react with threats when that little weasel pushed her.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 1:12 pm

Shapiro has filed a police report concerning the incident and plans to pursue criminal charges:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/breitba ... ittle-man/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 1:26 pm

beneficii wrote:
Shapiro has filed a police report concerning the incident and plans to pursue criminal charges:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/breitba ... ittle-man/

You know, while he is totally within his legal rights to file charges, I still have to think: what a douche.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Jul 2015, 1:37 pm

That's ridiculous, Shapiro wasn't engaging in a honest debate when he said "what are your chromosomes, sir?" He was deliberately trying to be hurtful and Zoey Tur responded that way you might expect somebody who has been deeply insulted. Shapiro clearly wasn't intimidated by the comment at the time altho he probably should of been since I don't think that dork would of come out the winner in that scuffle. I imagine now Zoey wishes she didn't respond the way she did but her sensitivity to remark is totally understandable.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 1:47 pm

I find it problematic when people call Shapiro "a little boy," making fun of his height, or even worse, calling him the c-word (which I've seen).