Why is it Celebrities Act Like This?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 3:19 pm

They act like this, film it and post it on social media knowing they will get something like 999,000 messages condemning it.

What's the point?

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/07/90783 ... at-driving

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 4:20 pm

If it's a Kardashian or a Jenner it should be self explanatory... for the money!

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 4:30 pm

I sometimes think that, lacking any real talent or skill, things like this keep them in the public eye, gaining them attention and income.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 4:55 pm

Most of the messages are going to be bad and then public service groups and highway patrol will step in to condemn the behavior. I don't see how it earns them anything but scorn and negative attention and it should be obvious it's just a lame stunt because they can't possibly be that unintelligent.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 5:16 pm

There is a school of thought that, like the Gabor sisters of old, they make money by being famous for being famous. Per Forbes, last year that added up to something like $28 million:

----------------------------
Link to Forbes Article
-----------------------------

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 5:33 pm

Marky9 wrote:
There is a school of thought that, like the Gabor sisters of old, they make money by being famous for being famous. Per Forbes, last year that added up to something like $28 million:

----------------------------
Link to Forbes Article
-----------------------------

Stuff like that could subtract from their value, making it go down, not increase.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 5:54 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Stuff like that could subtract from their value, making it go down, not increase.

You would think so. Problem is, in my opinion. There are many people nowadays that feed off this kind of crap. So what a rational person might see as negative, many others will view as cool, rad, or whatever the youngins are saying nowadays. :lol:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 5:58 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

You would think so. Problem is, in my opinion. There are many people nowadays that feed off this kind of crap. So what a rational person might see as negative, many others will view as cool, rad, or whatever the youngins are saying nowadays. :lol:

Yeah but the majority of people complain. Look at the girl licking the doughnuts and how fast she fended off all the negative publicity. Smart girl.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 6:27 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Yeah but the majority of people complain. Look at the girl licking the doughnuts and how fast she fended off all the negative publicity. Smart girl.

She isn't making money from doing stupid things like the Jenner's and Kardashian's are though. Plus she talked bad about America, and licked doughnuts which is just plain unamerican! :P

Personally I don't understand the fascination with these 15 minute of famers (people who are famous for no apparent reason at all).

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 7:09 pm

I have no idea why some of these people are called Jenner while others are called Kardashian, even. Reality shows like that bore me. It does look like the girl hanging her leg out of the car was in the back seat of an SUV, not the driver's seat but nobody is catching on so what does it matter?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 7:38 pm

The only bad publicity they might receive is their own obituaries.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 7:50 pm

An old show business addage:

Any Publicity = Good Publicity

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 7:58 pm

Fogman wrote:
An old show business addage:

Any Publicity = Good Publicity

That's not true. It's an old wive's tale. Too much bad publicity is what does folks in.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 8:17 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

She isn't making money from doing stupid things like the Jenner's and Kardashian's are though. Plus she talked bad about America, and licked doughnuts which is just plain unamerican! :P

Personally I don't understand the fascination with these 15 minute of famers (people who are famous for no apparent reason at all).

At least Ariana Grande (the doughnut licker) is a mildly talented singer, albeit a one hit wonder. (Her only hit song is maybe a year or two old, and I can't recall the name of it.) The Kardashians have no discernible talent whatsoever.

As for Ana's question about the last names, Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe have a different father than Kylie and Kendall. The dad of the first three is lawyer Robert Kardashian, who is best known for being part of OJ Simpson's "dream team" of lawyers in OJ's mid-90s trial. Robert Kardashian died in 2003. Kris, his widow, then married Bruce Jenner, who fathered the last two. Since Robert Kardashian was dead, the kids fathered by Bruce Jenner bear Jenner's last name. Bruce is now Caitlyn Jenner, and divorced from Kris.

There is also a "secret Kardashian", RK's son Robert Jr. Junior is even less talented than his sisters, preferring to smoke weed, eat junk food, and play video games. Khloe occasionally lets him crash at her place. At one point, she kicked him out, and he rented a room at a residential hotel in downtown LA, on skid row. The place was so dangerous that after a tabloid broke the news, Khloe reluctantly let him back into her house.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 8:59 pm

I like Ariana Grande's music even if she likes to lick donuts and hates America. How many of us didn't do something stupid at some point when we were 22? I did some pretty stupid things just none of them got caught on camera.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 9:26 pm

pezar wrote:
RoadRatt wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

At least Ariana Grande (the doughnut licker) is a mildly talented singer, albeit a one hit wonder. (Her only hit song is maybe a year or two old, and I can't recall the name of it.) The Kardashians have no discernible talent whatsoever.

As for Ana's question about the last names, Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe have a different father than Kylie and Kendall. The dad of the first three is lawyer Robert Kardashian, who is best known for being part of OJ Simpson's "dream team" of lawyers in OJ's mid-90s trial. Robert Kardashian died in 2003. Kris, his widow, then married Bruce Jenner, who fathered the last two. Since Robert Kardashian was dead, the kids fathered by Bruce Jenner bear Jenner's last name. Bruce is now Caitlyn Jenner, and divorced from Kris.

There is also a "secret Kardashian", RK's son Robert Jr. Junior is even less talented than his sisters, preferring to smoke weed, eat junk food, and play video games. Khloe occasionally lets him crash at her place. At one point, she kicked him out, and he rented a room at a residential hotel in downtown LA, on skid row. The place was so dangerous that after a tabloid broke the news, Khloe reluctantly let him back into her house.

Okay got it now. Thanks for explaining that so now no need to Google or heaven forbid, have to watch the show. :wink: