rowan county [KY] court clerk defies supreme court

Page 5 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 3:26 am

Screw this noise, I want global hegemony so I can concentrate on my book.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2015, 3:38 am

that court clerk is doing more damage than even she realizes.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 12:59 am

It is really sad that she doesn't realize all she is doing is showing how ignorant she is. For her to think that what she thinks in her own head is the correct way and to think that everyone else should think the same way is the height of arrogance and stupidity.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2015, 1:04 am

Aspinator wrote:
It is really sad that she doesn't realize all she is doing is showing how ignorant she is. For her to think that what she thinks in her own head is the correct way and to think that everyone else should think the same way is the height of arrogance and stupidity.

an example of the dunning-kreuger effect.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 7:04 am

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 10:54 am

Did anyone else think the music Huckersterbee had playing at the rally after her release was really cheesy?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 2:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Did anyone else think the music Huckersterbee had playing at the rally after her release was really cheesy?

didn't notice the tunes but I heard they are getting sued over that music for some reason.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 4:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

didn't notice the tunes but I heard they are getting sued over that music for some reason.

The Huckster didn't get permission to use Eye Of The Tiger, which is why he's in trouble.
If you get a chance to watch footage of the revival/rally put on for the clerk upon her release, listen to the music blaring overhead. It really sounds corny!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 4:13 pm

^^^IMHO it is fitting because they are really corny folks cheering her on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^IMHO it is fitting because they are really corny folks cheering her on.

Absolutely.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 2:22 am

Dox47 wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
but what is your problem with state's rights about?

Who said I have a problem with states rights? What I have a problem with is inconsistency, such as being all for states rights when it comes to issues that you think the feds are wrong on, but cheer-leading federal supremacy when the states do things you don't like. I also have a problem with willful obtuseness.

Not all issues are the same. Civil rights are far more important then whether someone smokes a J.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 3:19 am

AspE wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Who said I have a problem with states rights? What I have a problem with is inconsistency, such as being all for states rights when it comes to issues that you think the feds are wrong on, but cheer-leading federal supremacy when the states do things you don't like. I also have a problem with willful obtuseness.

Not all issues are the same. Civil rights are far more important then whether someone smokes a J.

Rights are rights.
Rights that don't mean s**t to one person do mean something to another.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 3:49 am

when kim davis returns to work on Monday, there will be at least one test couple there to make sure she honors the judgment against her, and she will violate that judgment, as her lawyers slyly hinted at when she was released. what then? what is their end game? what do they believe they will be able to accomplish? establishment of a theocracy?

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 7:49 am

Raptor wrote:
AspE wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Rights are rights.
Rights that don't mean s**t to one person do mean something to another.

Raptor, I'm really sick today. Can you explaining specifically what you mean by this statement. Thanks.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 10:59 am

auntblabby wrote:
when kim davis returns to work on Monday, there will be at least one test couple there to make sure she honors the judgment against her, and she will violate that judgment, as her lawyers slyly hinted at when she was released. what then? what is their end game? what do they believe they will be able to accomplish? establishment of a theocracy?

From what I've read, her lawyers are affiliated with a fringe, right wing, homophobic group. If anything, they really don't want to keep her out of jail. They want her to keep denying marriage licenses to same sex couples, so that way, she'll be a martyr for their cause when she's incarcerated again.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 1:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

From what I've read, her lawyers are affiliated with a fringe, right wing, homophobic group. If anything, they really don't want to keep her out of jail. They want her to keep denying marriage licenses to same sex couples, so that way, she'll be a martyr for their cause when she's incarcerated again.

I am starting to feel some sympathy for her, for she cannot be too bright and she doesn't know she is being played. just the same, if I met her I'd probably want to get away ASAP.