Presidential Candidates visiting College Town

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 11:53 am

So today I found out Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Donald Trump, and Scott Walker will all be at the Iowa v Iowa State game today in Ames, where I'm currently located, I knew there was a reason I didn't get a ticket. I think this form of political pandering is disgusting. I find it very very difficult to believe they all showed up today to my small college town just to enjoy my states rivalry football game. :x Hey LOOK! They care about our sport rivalry, they must be the perfect president! :roll: At least when the democrats come to pander they do it in a more tasteful way of holding a conference and talking about issues. This must be a special move by the republicans because Sanders just turned up the heat by surpassing Clinton in Iowa, a very important election state.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Sep 2015, 11:57 am

Iowans should be use to decades of political pandering by now, their influence far outweighs their relevance so be grateful you get such a voice in deciding who we elect president. The primaries are usually long over before most states even vote.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 12:00 pm

Iowans should be use to decades of political pandering by now, their influence far outweighs their relevance so be grateful you get such a voice in deciding who we elect president. The primaries are usually long over before most states even vote.

I think the nominating contests should randomly ordered every cycle with a new state guaranteed every time, only way it can be fair.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 12:05 pm

Jacoby wrote:
relevance

Why don't you just say it, we're a "Fly over" state.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 12:08 pm

Jacoby wrote:

I think the nominating contests should randomly ordered every cycle with a new state guaranteed every time, only way it can be fair.

Yeah, how can Iowa and New Hampshire be relevant to the rest of the country? A minority of people in two small states happen to vote first, and all the pundits swear up and down that what happens there is a trend. How many times have you seen anything accurate come out of these places, especially from the straw polls.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 12:14 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
relevance

Hey I'm originally from the midwest, I just think it is kind of messed up two small states like Iowa and New Hampshire which are hardly demographically representative of US carry such an undue influence in deciding our president. If you win Iowa and New Hampshire, our media basically declares the race over.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2015, 12:18 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
relevance

Hey I'm originally from the midwest, I just think it is kind of messed up two small states like Iowa and New Hampshire which are hardly demographically representative of US carry such an undue influence in deciding our president. If you win Iowa and New Hampshire, our media basically declares the race over.

Yeah I do agree with you though, there should be a better system of rotation, the atmosphere of political rivalry in Iowa is horrible.