Mass shooting at Oregon college: 15+ dead...

Page 2 of 15 [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 1 Jul 2015
Age: 21
Posts: 735
Location: John's Creek, Georgia

01 Oct 2015, 8:41 pm

Another shooting.... come on, America....



starkid
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,185
Location: California

01 Oct 2015, 8:42 pm

MonsterCrack wrote:
Another shooting.... come on, America....

Violence is what we do. Violence, imperialism, and obesity.


_________________
Assume nothing; question everything.
DX Central Auditory Processing Deficit
+ Hyperacusis


Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,367
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Oct 2015, 8:47 pm

i have a feeling this one will be labeled a member of the tribe as well unfortunately

seems like the guy might of posted a warning on 4chan



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,835
Location: Valproate Street and Thorazine Lane

01 Oct 2015, 9:03 pm

He used a Ruger 10/22 rifle.

You could do the same or "better" with an axe.

It ain't the firearm here.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 9:09 pm

Dillogic, that's not true in the slightest. In china a few years ago their were a series or knife attacks at an elementary school. The amount of people killed were generally a lot less. For one thing you can run from a guy with an axe without risking getting shot from across the room. When is the last time seen a massacre happen in this country where a gun wasn't used? It's clear we have a problem with people getting guns who should have never had them.



xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Dec 2014
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,280
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

01 Oct 2015, 9:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
AntDog wrote:
It's sad that this is too common. They now say the shooter has been taken care of. It's probably another mental whacko. Expect it to be politicized in 3.2.1, too late Obama's already doing that.
Aren't you politicizing it with this post?
If the fact that mentally unbalanced people are obtaining firearms and using them to commit mass murder hasn't been politicized, then it should be.

According to one witness, he demanded to know his victims' religions before he killed them.


You can't stop them in any state because they are protected by right of privacy and second amendment.
The database doesn't update very often and has issues due to lack of funding among other.
Guns shows and a few other places aren't required to do background checks, thus don't.


@Lukeda420
Sandy Hook shooter was confirmed to have Asperger Syndrome/ASDs based on his medical records.
He had other things that went with it and his mother didn't get the help he needed.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-new ... ry?updates

Someone shot up a town hall in Inglis FL, killing 3 too.
This happened at 6:10pm.


_________________
Something.... Weird... Something...


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 9:22 pm

Xenocity, I know that. That wasn't my point. I was saying that aspergers had nothing to do with his violent acts. There's a whole other category of mental illness that causes that kind of behavior.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,835
Location: Valproate Street and Thorazine Lane

01 Oct 2015, 9:28 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Dillogic, that's not true in the slightest. In china a few years ago their were a series or knife attacks at an elementary school. The amount of people killed were generally a lot less. For one thing you can run from a guy with an axe without risking getting shot from across the room. When is the last time seen a massacre happen in this country where a gun wasn't used? It's clear we have a problem with people getting guns who should have never had them.


There hasn't been 10 people killed with a melee weapon by a single individual before in a single spree?

You should look it up.



Last edited by Dillogic on 01 Oct 2015, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,367
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Oct 2015, 9:30 pm

Aspergers is a lot easier diagnosis to swallow for parents than schizophrenia which fully develops in your early 20s which most of these spree shooters are. We don't take care of our mentally ill or disabled in this country, a lot of people fall thru the cracks. Guns exist, they never won't, people kill people and we need to stop playing politics when there are real things that could be done that would dramatically decrease gun violence in this country. It's artificial, it is not innate.



Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,390
Location: Norway

01 Oct 2015, 9:31 pm

Turns out he didn't have Asperger's after all. Now they claim he was an anti-christian black leftist.



Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 9:32 pm

No, I corrected it. Melee attacks generally have a much smaller casualty rate.

Besides we don't seem to have a problem with axe massacres in this country.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,835
Location: Valproate Street and Thorazine Lane

01 Oct 2015, 9:52 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
No, I corrected it. Melee attacks generally have a much smaller casualty rate. That is all.


Not if you compare them to massacres utilizing .22LR caliber firearms (which is what I meant). However, the highest with a melee weapon is around 30 or so, which is comparable to many of the big ones with more powerful firearms.

I think 9 was the previous highest number of killed with a .22, which was in Finland (which is one of those places with firearm licensing and such). However, I'm unsure if Mercer used any of the pistols he was carrying in this case and not just the .22 rifle (if he used the pistols, then it doesn't go against my argument). But nonetheless, 10 killed is within the realms of possibility of melee weapons (you just need to read through the various massacres).

Which generally goes back to how a person can make do, no matter what they have access to.



superpentil
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 22 Sep 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 203

01 Oct 2015, 9:58 pm

If someone wants to kill someone else, they don't need a gun. All you do by regulating guns is make it harder for them to "stack kills". It's not going to solve the problem. The amount of kills doesn't matter, how they did it doesn't matter becuase you can kill anyone with anything if you know how, so I fail to see how government regulation (which can't even prevent people from downloading illegal music so how's it going to stop illegal guns) will help anything at all.


_________________
"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 37 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)


Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,640
Location: Chicago suburbs.

01 Oct 2015, 10:01 pm

Dillogic yes it's possible to kill a lot of people with other things, guns just make it easier. Why does any of the details about what specific gun this guy used matter? From what's been happening, we clearly have a problem with crazy people getting guns. Do you not agree with that statement?

It doesn't matter really, we're not going to agree no matter what either of us say.



Last edited by Lukeda420 on 01 Oct 2015, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,185
Location: California

01 Oct 2015, 10:02 pm

superpentil wrote:
The amount of kills doesn't matter

Do you even think about what you are posting


_________________
Assume nothing; question everything.
DX Central Auditory Processing Deficit
+ Hyperacusis