20 shooting victims in California active shooter situation -

Page 4 of 25 [ 399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 7:54 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
In answer to gun-control freaks ...

Laws don't stop terrorists; bullets do.

In answer to the revenge freaks ...

Once they're stopped, bring them to justice.

Justice? How can you call that justice? You mean forcing all the country to pay so they can get 3 meals a day, free healthcare, and a better life quality (Edit: I mean criminals, not the disabled community)than every motherfucking low-income citizens who work hard all the time yet get nothing?
No, by "Justice", I mean due process, not a lynch-mob mentality.

In other words, American justice, not the primitive, third-world mantra of making the punishment fit the crime.

Of course, if they receive the death penalty after trial-by-jury, then I won't stand in anyone's way ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 8:03 pm

They're saying on the radio that the people at the party were government officials.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 8:04 pm

androbot01 wrote:
On CBC in Canada they keep reporting that there was a sex education class there. As if disabled people are more likely to kill over such issues.

Could you post a link to that part of the story?

On the other hand, there is evidence that some of the victims were
attending a staff Christmas party or something like that.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/02/authorities-responding-to-reports-of-mass-shooting-in-san-bernardino-california-nbc-los-angeles.html

Ah. Apparently, the centre's own web site mentions that it provides
sex education--among other services--to persons with developmental
disabilities in much the same way that occupational therapists in Canada
could be expected to do so.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 8:07 pm

nurseangela wrote:
They're saying on the radio that the people at the party were government officials.

And yet, the hard right in American politics would say that being
a government official makes you fair game for any genuine patriot;
the idea would be to kill them first before they take away what
freedoms remain to you....

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2015, 8:12 pm

says CNN that the suspects had pipe bombs, and that one suspect is possibly on the run.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 8:21 pm

...Okay , I guess this is " the official thread " about this here ~ I will jump in fast , to say , that (Being that my years-isolated/in-a-time-capsule situation , among many other things , makes me having not watched cable news very much , but , my being once again hospitalized meant I happened to see MS/NBC coverage of this from pretty much the beginning to about 2:45 PM Cali time to-day:) Okay (from the last I heard) " we're " the victims here , since , not only was it a developmental disabilities place that got shot up, but the last I heard , clients of the place (I'm not sure if they were described as AS or no) were described as among the murdered . :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 8:31 pm

Terrible news. I wonder if it was a client who decided to do this. This is place that helps people with Autism, and so many shootings have been done by people on spectrum.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Dec 2015, 8:39 pm

2nd shooter confirmed as female

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2015, 8:51 pm

DVCal wrote:
Terrible news. I wonder if it was a client who decided to do this. This is place that helps people with Autism, and so many shootings have been done by people on spectrum.

If so, it would seem kinda ironic at best, and depressing at worst.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 8:57 pm

Them trying to say this was some workplace dispute is totally ridiculous

Yeah some guy got into an argument at work and called up his buddies who were waiting in the car with tactical gear, rifles, and pipe bombs. It's terrorism, the spin has been ridiculous on this. Obviously a lot of planning went into this, 3 people don't do this spontaneously.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 8:57 pm

...I willl be honest , when first hearing about it (given that it had happened) and where I was a little relieved " Wwell , maybe , anyway , we're the novble ' vicr=tims ' this time , given all the shooters who have been (accuarately or no) reported as ASs ")... :(

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 9:02 pm

DVCal wrote:

It seems terribly unlikely that an autistic person with a murderous rage would be able to persuade another person to join them in such a crime. Still less to prepare by loading up magazines, donning body armor and "tactical style clothing" before proceeding to a place where a mixed group of ambulatory people and people in wheel chairs were dancing to "celebration" by Kool & The Gang...

This is persuasion and leadership at a level that one would not expect to see in people with poor social and emotional communication skils.

Perhaps time will tell.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 9:09 pm

Correction: so many of the shootings were perpetrated by people who were SUPPOSEDLY on the Spectrum.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 9:11 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Them trying to say this was some workplace dispute is totally ridiculous

Yeah some guy got into an argument at work and called up his buddies who were waiting in the car with tactical gear, rifles, and pipe bombs. It's terrorism, the spin has been ridiculous on this. Obviously a lot of planning went into this, 3 people don't do this spontaneously.

Islamic State/DAESH, anyone? Everybody expected them to detonate a dirty bomb at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, so a few days later they attack a disability services center way out in the freakin desert, in a city that is just barely hanging on financially-if you've ever been to the wildly misnamed "Inland Empire" you know exactly what I mean. Streets of abandoned houses, vacant shopping centers and office buildings built on speculation and easy money, the old Route 66 is full of crumbling motels inhabited by Mexicans and meth addicts. Try and see if you can find the old videos posted on YT by a guy calling himself "George 4 Title". They were filmed during the depths of the Great Recession and give a good view of what the area is like. Anyway, basically the last place anybody would expect DAESH to hit. They ain't stupid, evil yeah, but not stupid.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 9:13 pm

We can be certain the terrorists(whatever their motivation may be and I have my guesses) that did this crime were not on the spectrum

walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, probably a duck...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 9:52 pm

One suspect identified as Syed Farook, other believed to be his brother, so that leave the female suspect to be identified.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/672239210531823616