Page 3 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 3:20 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Science is not the Devil.lol

Actually...many do see Science as a tool of the Devil.

Quote:
How to disprove the existence of a god:
1. Posit the existence of some thing mutually exclusive to said god.
2. Prove that thing exists.

Anything that has been held up as proof of the god in questions will do, but in the case of Science the number of examples is staggering, very solid and cover every topic. They include the seasons, thunder and lightning, the existence of space and extra-Earth objects & the heliocentric system, germ theory, brain function, genetics, magnetism, chemistry, maladies such as epilepsy and depression - even Autism. The list goes on and on. Pretty much anything that forces the god into the gaps, in fact, will do.

So you see, this "Science" is the anti-God, which in many Xian belief systems is the same as saying it is the Devil.

Last edited by Edenthiel on 20 Dec 2015, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 4:02 pm

Essentially, the hard-line Christian theology holds that any system that tries to explain how the universe works without saying "God did it" is of the Devil. Imagine what a public school education would be like if the hard-line Christians ran it ...

How did the universe come to be? God did it!

Where did all of the animals come from? God did it!

What is the origin of humanity? God did it!

What makes the sun and stars to shine? God did it!

Why does 2+2=4? God did it!

And so on ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 7:08 pm

Rockymtchris wrote:
Today's NC science lesson:
Pi r not SQUARE, they r always round!
Only in America...

Eggslackly!

Pie are ROUND!
Cornbread are square!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 7:30 pm

Eggs cooked slackly are yuck.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 7:54 pm

It would help if they stopped using this text book.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 8:13 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Rockymtchris wrote:
Only in America...

Eggslackly!

Pie are ROUND!
Cornbread are square!

You are wrong. Many pies, in these troubled times, are square -- the ones baked by so-called "educated" women, who invariably tend to lack any feminine skills whatsoever, such as needlework, artwork and cooking / baking. You know the type ? They not only try to go to school but also tend to wear pants like they are men, and have an opinion on everything under the sun. Immodest, loud hussies. Hrrrrmpppphhh.

But women are foolish creatures and can even be forgiving for having any foolish notions (such as wanting an education and a career outside the home). The real problem is the men in the family, their fathers, older brothers and husbands. All these problems with square pies would disappear in an instant if only these menfolk took the Bible more seriously and beat their women frequently. Then every pie ever baked would indeed be round and fit for human consumption.

I just don't see that happening though, considering that on this very thread, an elderly gent admits to always taking his wife's opinions into consideration, and to even deferring to his missus on important decisions from time-to-time. And this gentleman claims to have gone to religious school ! I, therefore, don't have much expectations from other men who don't have a religious background, or were even raised by feminist mothers who neglected their children's spiritual education, wore pants, went to work & sported mustaches. Probably didn't have any husbands, either, because of all that new-fangled, "women can do it all" nonsense that led to a rise in single mother households.

In light of all these issues, I don't think that I am wrong in my concern that most pies baked the world over will likely remain square. Round, well-baked pies will soon be a thing of the past, a distant memory that occasionally raises its head over the mists of time. And for this, I blame the men.

Beat your women more often, fellas ! Kirche, küche und kinder für die Frauen. Verstehst du mich ?

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 8:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
Voters in one North Carolina town rejected a plan to generate solar energy out of fear that solar panels might “suck up all the energy from the sun". A retired science teacher said that she was concerned that the solar panels would cause nearby plants to die, and also expressed her personal belief that solar panels were causing cancer among the community.

:roll:

There just isn't enough facepalm to cover this one.

Link to Story

After the vote, they presumably went outside to wave goodnight to the Sun as it went asleep behind the mountains, before sacrificing a child to the corn gods in hopes of a good harvest.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The teacher and the community are exemplars of the all-pervasive "dumbing down" strategy in the Edumacation Deepardment.

Well dumb...(I mean) done!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 8:41 pm

Varelse wrote:
8O

The Onion has been outdone by reality again. Nice find, even if it is kind of... scary.

and again "The truth IS stranger than fiction"

~can't recall source...too tired to care

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 8:52 pm

I dont see what feminism, or the lack thereof, even has to do with the subject of the thread.

If your spouse is about to go before the public and make a jackass out of himself by announcing something as ridiculous as "those solar panels will suck all of the power out of the Sun" then its your duty to preempt the spouse from doing that. Preventing that kind of self defaming IS being supportive. Allowing it is not being supportive. A wife has ways of gently persuading a husband to not do something like that behind the scenes beforehand -whether she is feminist or not.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 9:08 pm

Pruning shears can be very persuasive indeed.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2015, 3:09 am

Spiderpig wrote:
Pruning shears can be very persuasive indeed.

So can rolling pins (besides making that ultimate 3.1416 thick Pi crust.)

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 4:56 am

one thing and another;
dumbing down is backed up, we don't need that smartass middleclass anymore,
there are cheaper eductated folks around!

man & wife, there's all sorts
i see around, women being bossy
but i'm not
is that what makes me dispiccable to other women?
i feel more male-brained, relax
is that why husband hates me
that i'm not up and about conforming everything to normal, makes him insecure?
not being roleconfirming makes everybody violent!
my mother did that backing up to husband also to a unsaine amount, why,
there's something behind that!?? fear, guilt or??

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 10:52 am

Misslizard wrote:
It would help if they stopped using this text book.

8O

Thats all I gotta say!

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Dec 2015, 11:19 am

HisMom wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Rockymtchris wrote:
Only in America...

Eggslackly!

Pie are ROUND!
Cornbread are square!

You are wrong. Many pies, in these troubled times, are square -- the ones baked by so-called "educated" women, who invariably tend to lack any feminine skills whatsoever, such as needlework, artwork and cooking / baking. You know the type ? They not only try to go to school but also tend to wear pants like they are men, and have an opinion on everything under the sun. Immodest, loud hussies. Hrrrrmpppphhh.

But women are foolish creatures and can even be forgiving for having any foolish notions (such as wanting an education and a career outside the home). The real problem is the men in the family, their fathers, older brothers and husbands. All these problems with square pies would disappear in an instant if only these menfolk took the Bible more seriously and beat their women frequently. Then every pie ever baked would indeed be round and fit for human consumption.

I just don't see that happening though, considering that on this very thread, an elderly gent admits to always taking his wife's opinions into consideration, and to even deferring to his missus on important decisions from time-to-time. And this gentleman claims to have gone to religious school ! I, therefore, don't have much expectations from other men who don't have a religious background, or were even raised by feminist mothers who neglected their children's spiritual education, wore pants, went to work & sported mustaches. Probably didn't have any husbands, either, because of all that new-fangled, "women can do it all" nonsense that led to a rise in single mother households.

In light of all these issues, I don't think that I am wrong in my concern that most pies baked the world over will likely remain square. Round, well-baked pies will soon be a thing of the past, a distant memory that occasionally raises its head over the mists of time. And for this, I blame the men.

Beat your women more often, fellas ! Kirche, küche und kinder für die Frauen. Verstehst du mich ?

Stop, you're killing me. :lol:

:heart:

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 7:15 pm

Woodland NC a town of 833 voted against a rural eyesore.

They value their trees, pastures, meadows and views over some scumbag Solar Fracking exploitation of their peaceful lifestyle.

It is the same reason country people vote against chicken factories.

Their great grandparents are buried down at the church, and they are going to preserve their life and land for their grandchildren.

Rural agricultural land should not be rezoned industrial, unless it benefits the population.

Hill tops are not there for wind power.

The same fights go on over coal mining.

We are not a cheap resource waiting to be exploited by Capital, this is our home and community for hundreds of years.

The rights of the many are greater than the rights of a few.

Next step, the County will ban Solar Farms.

Once they start, miles of nature will die in the shade.

But for the rest of you, your drinking water will be OK if you burn off the Methane first.

Later the fracking chemicals will poison your grandchildren.

That is not your concern, you will be dead by then, so why should you care about the future?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2015, 7:40 pm

A man from Louisiana is writing on behalf of people from North Carolina ... :roll:

Solar energy burns no methane. It is therefore not contributory to the greenhouse effect. It produces no radioactivity, therefore it neither causes cancer, nor does it kill plants. Solar cells do not suck energy from the sun; they only convert light to electricity.

Of course, if enough solar and wind farms are constructed, the coal and oil industries might see reductions in profits ... coal is important to North Carolina ... oil is important to Louisiana ...

I wonder who is really behind the suppression of solar and wind energy?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.