Page 2 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 8:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
HisMom wrote:
The science teacher was merely supporting her husband. Who can blame her? She did what any dutiful wife would do -- leave her brain at the door and back him up when he claims that the solar panels would absorb all the excess sunlight and cause large scale damage to local businesses. In an age when Feminazis are trying to outdo their men, it's nice to see a wife who respects her husband's word as the Gospel truth. Go, Jane Mann.
I hope that you were being sarcastic. Women should stand up for the truth, even when it conflicts with their husbands' opinions.

I blame her.

I hope that you are being sarcastic. Otherwise, you doth protest too much.

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 8:36 pm

No sarcasm from me. Ignorance, lies, and superstition are not for ethical, civilized people.

Protest? No ... I'm laughing at their stupidity!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 8:58 pm

HisMom wrote:
The science teacher was merely supporting her husband. Who can blame her ? She did what any dutiful wife would do -- leave her brain at the door and back him up when he claims that the solar panels would absorb all the excess sunlight and cause large scale damage to local businesses.

In an age when Feminazis are trying to outdo their men, it's nice to see a wife who respects her husband's word as the Gospel truth. Go, Jane Mann.

Nathan Poe strikes again!

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
No sarcasm from me. Ignorance, lies, and superstition are not for ethical, civilized people.

Who are you calling lying, ignorant, superstitious people ? And did you just claim to be ethical and civilized ?

Listen, Mr. Fnord, you & I have not seen eye-to-eye on a single topic. That, combined with your advanced age, led to stop conversing with you on this 'ere message board. However, I cannot let this one go.

You claim that you attended a Catholic seminary, do you not ? Well, then, your Biblical studies would have taught you that a woman's duty is to always, always, always defer to her Lord and Master -- her husband. Furthermore, women always marry up (including in IQ), so a husband is always more intelligent than his wife, and therefore knows better. So, if a husband tells his wife to tell other people that black is white, why then a good wife will swear that black is white for him. If he claims that solar panels will draw all the excess energy from the sun and destroy local businesses, then regardless of any "fancy schmancy education" that she may have had, the wife still provides her sworn testimony to the town council that that is, indeed, the case. Mrs. Mann was being a good, dutiful wife. Mr. Mann, as the man of the house, made up his mind about the solar panels being destructive artifacts to erect outside town, and that was that. He makes the decisions, she merely abides by them. She is a dutiful wife.

You, sir, should be ashamed of your sacrilegious urging that women speak their minds. Why, I never heard such blasphemy in my life ! For shame, Mr. Fnord. You wouldn't want your missus to start voicing her opinions now on matters that are your domain of expertise now, would you ?

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Last edited by HisMom on 19 Dec 2015, 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2015, 9:18 pm

HisMom wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Who are you calling lying, ignorant, superstitious people ? And did you just claim to be ethical and civilized ?

Listen, Mr. Fnord, you & I have not seen eye-to-eye on a single topic. That, combined with your advanced age, led to stop conversing with you on this 'ere message board. However, I cannot let this one go.

You claim that you attended a Catholic seminary, do you not ? Well, then, your Biblical studies would have taught you that a woman's duty is to always, always, always defer to her Lord and Master -- her husband. Furthermore, women always marry up (including in IQ), so a husband is always more intelligent than his wife, and therefore knows better. So, if a husband tells his wife to tell other people that black is white, why then a good wife will swear that black is white for him. If he claims that solar panels will draw all the excess energy from the sun and destroy local businesses, then regardless of any "fancy schmancy education" that she may have had, the wife still provides her sworn testimony to the town council that that is, indeed, the case. Mrs. Mann was being a good, dutiful wife. Mr. Mann, as the man of the house, made up his mind about the solar panels being destructive artifacts to erect outside town, and that was that. He makes the decisions, she merely abides by them. She is a dutiful wife.

You, sir, should be ashamed of your sacrilegious urging that women speak their minds. Why, I never heard of such blasphemy in my life ! For shame, Mr. Fnord. You wouldn't want your missus to start voicing her opinions now on matters that are your domain of expertise now, would you ?

This is pure genius. :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 9:30 pm

The Bible and the Koran are just collections of stories that are used to enforce patriarchal societies. They were written to justify slavery, the subjugation of women, imperialism by genocide, and hostility against outsiders.

There is no reason to follow backward superstitions that place one gender in total authority over another. My wife has earned her own Master's Degree, and I consider her my equal. We make decisions together, and there are times when I defer to her judgment.

You and I do not have to agree. You have the right to be wrong, the right to hold on to primitive beliefs, and the right to speak about them freely.

I have the right to choose truth over faith, and no scolding from strangers will ever change my mind.

Deal with it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 9:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
The Bible and the Koran are just collections of stories that are used to enforce patriarchal societies. They were written to justify slavery, the subjugation of women, imperialism by genocide, and hostility against outsiders.

Then, pray, why on Earth would you choose to attend a seminary ? Something still doesn't add up, Mr. Fnord.

You still doth protest too much.

Fnord wrote:
Deal with it.

Oh, but you are not my problem, Mr. Fnord. You are your wife's. Let her - she with the Master's degree in Divinity, is it not ? - deal with the fact that her lord and master is a blasphemous old man ! !

I can always offer her a tissue if she wants.

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 9:42 pm

HisMom wrote:
...a woman's duty is to always, always, always defer to her Lord and Master -- her husband. Furthermore, women always marry up (including in IQ), so a husband is always more intelligent than his wife, and therefore knows better. So, if a husband tells his wife to tell other people that black is white, why then a good wife will swear that black is white for him. If he claims that solar panels will draw all the excess energy from the sun and destroy local businesses, then regardless of any "fancy schmancy education" that she may have had, the wife still provides her sworn testimony to the town council that that is, indeed, the case. Mrs. Mann was being a good, dutiful wife. Mr. Mann, as the man of the house, made up his mind about the solar panels being destructive artifacts to erect outside town, and that was that. He makes the decisions, she merely abides by them. She is a dutiful wife.

And now Nathan Poe is laughing so hard at us, the readers, that tears are running down his face...

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 9:53 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
HisMom wrote:
...a woman's duty is to always, always, always defer to her Lord and Master -- her husband. Furthermore, women always marry up (including in IQ), so a husband is always more intelligent than his wife, and therefore knows better. So, if a husband tells his wife to tell other people that black is white, why then a good wife will swear that black is white for him. If he claims that solar panels will draw all the excess energy from the sun and destroy local businesses, then regardless of any "fancy schmancy education" that she may have had, the wife still provides her sworn testimony to the town council that that is, indeed, the case. Mrs. Mann was being a good, dutiful wife. Mr. Mann, as the man of the house, made up his mind about the solar panels being destructive artifacts to erect outside town, and that was that. He makes the decisions, she merely abides by them. She is a dutiful wife.

And now Nathan Poe is laughing so hard at us, the readers, that tears are running down his face...

Regardless of Nathan Poe's sweet opinion in the matter, I am utterly serious ! ;)

What, next ? Women should be voted President ? With Mr. Fnord presumably as a voter, even that horrific day might not be too far off.

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 10:23 pm

HisMom wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:
HisMom wrote:

Regardless of Nathan Poe's sweet opinion in the matter, I am utterly serious ! ;)

What, next ? Women should be voted President ? With Mr. Fnord presumably as a voter, even that horrific day might not be too far off.

Stop - you're going to kill him!

"Here lies Nathan Poe
Laughed so hard,
his breath didn't flow."

(note to anyone who is concerned: I'm being facetious, Mr Nathan Poe at last report was alive and well.)

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Dec 2015, 8:52 am

Maybe Fnord isn't familiar with Nathan, but only with Edgar Allen.

I myself had to search for Nathan to find the context... :lol:

Reminds me of how angry I got when I first came across Landover Baptist website.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 9:47 am

Sounds like a nest of idiots.
Notice that I could say that without mocking someone's dialect.
So anyone with a regional dialect is ignorant?
By the way,ya'll do a lousy job of it.I could hardly understand what you were saying.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 11:26 am

Misslizard wrote:
Sounds like a nest of idiots. Notice that I could say that without mocking someone's dialect. So anyone with a regional dialect is ignorant? By the way,ya'll do a lousy job of it. I could hardly understand what you were saying.
You have a point. I'm sorry for making fun of people by using a masecrated dialect.

It's weird, though; when I first read that article, I couldn't help but imagine that retired science teacher talking like a stereotypic "hick from the hills", with a Bible in one hand and a jug of moonshine in the other ... "I ain't seen no flowers growing ...", et cetera.

Yeah, I'm a bad person for all that.

Still, you have to admit that people like those in the article don't do much for improving the reputation of those who live in rural Appalachia.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 11:38 am

Fnord wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Sounds like a nest of idiots. Notice that I could say that without mocking someone's dialect. So anyone with a regional dialect is ignorant? By the way,ya'll do a lousy job of it. I could hardly understand what you were saying.
You have a point. I'm sorry for making fun of people by using a masecrated dialect.

It's weird, though; when I first read that article, I couldn't help but imagine that retired science teacher talking like a stereotypic "hick from the hills", with a Bible in one hand and a jug of moonshine in the other ... "I ain't seen no flowers growing ...", et cetera.

Yeah, I'm a bad person for all that.

Still, you have to admit that people like those in the article don't do much for improving the reputation of those who live in rural Appalachia.

True,sometimes I just have to shake my head at some of the stupidity.
It does seem the like the Bible thumpers are the worst of the lot.Maybe the lack of good science programs.
Science is not the Devil.lol

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 12:10 pm

I don't have time to read the article, but.....

LOLOLOL at the title of this thread (I'm a hillbilly, and I think it's funny), the OP (post), and the notion about the solar panels.

A science teacher? Really? (I DO agree, though, that it's the culture, with most, in the South, to back their husbands.)

That's like saying if all of us on the east coast keep running the water at-the-same-time every morning, to make our coffee, we'll likely drain the Atlantic! LOL

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2015, 12:59 pm

I didn't know anyone made coffee with salt water.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.