Page 8 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Nope, not drunk. Whether you believe me or not, I'm hardly going to lose any sleep at night.

Whatev.
You're on record for admitting to making posts while drunk.
You made you bed now lie in it.

Quote:
And yes, I "get it." Businesses in Germany, the Scandinavian countries, Japan, etc, have a highly paid work force, and have strong business. So much for the notion that paying workers well is bad for American business. Not a thing partisan about it on my end.
Their economic system is different, too.

Quote:
And yes, I am still talking about Cruz being the bogeyman. I was just making a point about his homophobia, and how like so many right wing Republicans, is homophobic because he's very probably a closet case.

You clearly were applying it to me even though it was never about me.
The proof is in the wording.

Quote:
But why would you be "grudgingly" in support of anyone's civil rights just for something that makes them who they are? And yes, you have the right to be disgusted by someone else. But if that thing that disgusts you is essentially harmless and natural for the object of that disgust, well, that reflects on whoever is feeling the disgust, doesn't it? They can hate all they want, but I reserve the right to judge them if their disgust is based on ignorance, hatred, and bigotry.

I could say that flew over your head but it's obvious that you intentionally ducked so that it would miss you.
Nothing new there. :roll:
The point is that I can acknowledge anything as a protected right (gay rights as one example) while not approving of the act. It's never going to get any better than that from me and there's plenty of room to be a lot less open minded.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:55 am

nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Nope, wrong on both counts - I am neither angry or drunk.

Mmm hmm....

Quote:
Why would you be disgusted by what two consenting adults do? Or is it that you dwell on two men having sex?
In case you forgot already, we were talking about your latest conservative boogyman Ted Cruz, not me, and I was explaining that not all homophobes closet gays but are actually disgusted. People can be disgusted at whatever they want without your approval.
As for me, I see doing what gays do as a right protected by the bill of rights. I don't have to partake in the practice or approve of it in order to (grudgingly) acknowledge it as a basic human right. < Read that again.
Three or four years ago, if you recall, I wasn't even that generous, to put it mildly.
You could take a lesson from that if you weren't so partisan.

Quote:
As for business not being able to get on their feet if they have to pay workers something beyond starvation wages - it only goes to show how short sided business people and you, their conservative worshipers, are. If workers aren't paid a good wage, who the hell is going to purchase goods and services? The decline of American business isn't the doing of employees just wanting enough money to share in the American dream, but is the fault of American employers whose greed leaves them short sighted.

You just don't get it, do you? :roll:
Well, I think you do but it gets back to that partisan thing we keep hammering you for.

Nope, not drunk. Whether you believe me or not, I'm hardly going to lose any sleep at night.
And yes, I "get it." Businesses in Germany, the Scandinavian countries, Japan, etc, have a highly paid work force, and have strong business. So much for the notion that paying workers well is bad for American business. Not a thing partisan about it on my end.
And yes, I am still talking about Cruz being the bogeyman. I was just making a point about his homophobia, and how like so many right wing Republicans, he's homophobic because he's very probably a closet case.
But why would you be "grudgingly" in support of anyone's civil rights just for something that makes them who they are? And yes, you have the right to be disgusted by someone else. But if that thing that disgusts you is essentially harmless and natural for the object of that disgust, well, that reflects on whoever is feeling the disgust, doesn't it? They can hate all they want, but I reserve the right to judge them if their disgust is based on ignorance, hatred, and bigotry.

Howdy. If Cruz is not an advocate for gays it's not for the reason you say. Why do you guys always say stuff like that? Cruz wouldn't be for gays because of his religion. That's why he won up in Iowa - they were hoping for a lot of Evangelical voters. He's running solely on his religious values (which I admire) but he still wouldn't get my vote - not this time anyway. I don't want a politician - I want Trump.

If you want Trump instead of Cruz, why are you jumping on me about this?
Incidentally, there has been plenty of closeted right wing Republicans who have hidden behind homophobia, such as:
Former Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert, who had had a terrible record on gay rights in congress, had been caught paying hush money to cover up his sexual dalliances with the high school boys he used to coach in wrestling.
Former Senator Larry Craig had been renowned for his homophobia during his political career, which came to an end after he plead guilty for trying to solicit an undercover police detective in an airport men's room. Incidentally, Craig's sexual preferences were an open secret among his Washington D.C. colleagues.
Former (and late) Mayor of Spokane, Washington, Jim West, had ridden in on his homophobic political career, till he was recalled by voters following being discovered soliciting men online on a municipal computer.
These aren't the only ones, and I'm sure there are others still hiding their real natures behind gay hatred.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Mmm hmm....

Quote:
Why would you be disgusted by what two consenting adults do? Or is it that you dwell on two men having sex?
In case you forgot already, we were talking about your latest conservative boogyman Ted Cruz, not me, and I was explaining that not all homophobes closet gays but are actually disgusted. People can be disgusted at whatever they want without your approval.
As for me, I see doing what gays do as a right protected by the bill of rights. I don't have to partake in the practice or approve of it in order to (grudgingly) acknowledge it as a basic human right. < Read that again.
Three or four years ago, if you recall, I wasn't even that generous, to put it mildly.

Quote:
As for business not being able to get on their feet if they have to pay workers something beyond starvation wages - it only goes to show how short sided business people and you, their conservative worshipers, are. If workers aren't paid a good wage, who the hell is going to purchase goods and services? The decline of American business isn't the doing of employees just wanting enough money to share in the American dream, but is the fault of American employers whose greed leaves them short sighted.

Well, I think you do but it gets back to that partisan thing we keep hammering you for.

And yes, I am still talking about Cruz being the bogeyman. I was just making a point about his homophobia, and how like so many right wing Republicans, he's homophobic because he's very probably a closet case.

Howdy. If Cruz is not an advocate for gays it's not for the reason you say. Why do you guys always say stuff like that? Cruz wouldn't be for gays because of his religion. That's why he won up in Iowa - they were hoping for a lot of Evangelical voters. He's running solely on his religious values (which I admire) but he still wouldn't get my vote - not this time anyway. I don't want a politician - I want Trump.

Incidentally, there has been plenty of closeted right wing Republicans who have hidden behind homophobia, such as:
Former Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert, who had had a terrible record on gay rights in congress, had been caught paying hush money to cover up his sexual dalliances with the high school boys he used to coach in wrestling.
Former Senator Larry Craig had been renowned for his homophobia during his political career, which came to an end after he plead guilty for trying to solicit an undercover police detective in an airport men's room. Incidentally, Craig's sexual preferences were an open secret among his Washington D.C. colleagues.
Former (and late) Mayor of Spokane, Washington, Jim West, had ridden in on his homophobic political career, till he was recalled by voters following being discovered soliciting men online on a municipal computer.
These aren't the only ones, and I'm sure there are others still hiding their real natures behind gay hatred.

By that logic you're a closet conservative.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:03 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Whatev.
You made you bed now lie in it.

Quote:

Quote:
And yes, I am still talking about Cruz being the bogeyman. I was just making a point about his homophobia, and how like so many right wing Republicans, is homophobic because he's very probably a closet case.

Quote:

I could say that flew over your head but it's obvious that you intentionally ducked so that it would miss you.
The point is that I can acknowledge anything as a protected right (gay rights as one example) while not approving of the act. It's never going to get any better than that from me and there's plenty of room to be a lot less open minded.

I personally could care less if you believe me or not.
And western Europe and Japan have significantly different economic systems from us? Well, then, maybe we Americans should be emulating them, as everyone seems to be doing so well in those places.
Again, why are you and other Republicans so down on what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Mmm hmm....

Quote:

Quote:

I can't do this tonight, I have a headache. I said something because as soon as someone disagrees with you then they have to not just be a homophobe but a closeted one too. Whatever. You're religious so you should know some religions do not accept the gay lifestyle. That shouldn't be news to you. If he's running on his religious values he can't just pick and choose what he wants to believe in. He cannot be for gays. He can't be for abortion. Simple as that. Why does the Left always have to play dirty - you're a closeted homophobe, you're a tea bagger. No, how about I'm religious and I don't believe in the same things you do. Accept it and move on. What religion are you again?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:08 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Mmm hmm....

Quote:

Quote:

By that logic you're a closet conservative.

Your kind of logical reasoning rarely works in real life. I think there's a difference between speaking out against a political system known for coddling bigots, plutocrats, and religious extremists, and trying to hide one's true sexual nature behind hatred of other gays.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Whatev.
You made you're bed now lie in it.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seems you do care by the way you keep denying what is becoming increasingly obvious.

Quote:
And western Europe and Japan have significantly different economic systems from us? Well, then, maybe we Americans should be emulating them, as everyone seems to be doing so well in those places.

Or so it seems for now....

Quote:
Again, why are you and other Republicans so down on what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes?

This been carefully explained to you twice by me so it's starting to look like you're just trolling.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:14 am

nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Mmm hmm....

Quote:

Quote:

I can't do this tonight, I have a headache. I said something because as soon as someone disagrees with you then they have to not just be a homophobe but a closeted one too. Whatever. You're religious so you should know some religions do not accept the gay lifestyle. That shouldn't be news to you. If he's running on his religious values he can't just pick and choose what he wants to believe in. He cannot be for gays. He can't be for abortion. Simple as that. Why does the Left always have to play dirty - you're a closeted homophobe, you're a tea bagger. No, how about I'm religious and I don't believe in the same things you do. Accept it and move on. What religion are you again?

I never said you shouldn't believe in what you want, I just don't like bigots who want to use the law to walk all over the object of their hatred.
And I'm a Lutheran - Missouri Synod, to be exact. And if you know anything about my denomination, you'll know they aren't too keen on homosexuality, either. But people in my congregation know my political opinions, and respect them. I respect the people in my home church, as well, as most of them aren't overbearing bigots.
And actually, I am in agreement with you about one thing in particular - - it is time to go to bed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:18 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Whatev.
You made you're bed now lie in it.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seems you do care by the way you keep denying what is becoming increasingly obvious.

Quote:

Or so it seems for now....

Quote:

This been carefully explained to you twice by me so it's starting to look like you're just trolling.

I have never denied when I'm drinking. So much for your accusation.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:21 am

^ Yeah, and it's time to put the cork back in the bottle so you'll still have some for tomorrow's nightly bender.
Hope you can find the bed...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 11:49 am

Raptor wrote:
^ Yeah, and it's time to put the cork back in the bottle so you'll still have some for tomorrow's nightly bender.
Hope you can find the bed...

And I hope you can finally be at peace with your true nature. :twisted:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:30 pm

I hope he gets trounced in new Hampshire.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 4:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I suspect people are going to flock to Cruz, unfortunately, after realizing what the reality of a Trump Presidency would really mean. Talk about sore winners and losers: Cruz crows his victory for what seems forever, while Trump demands that there either be a recount in Iowa, or that the decision be nullified. Imagine either of these idiots either winning or losing the national election!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 4:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I suspect people are going to flock to Cruz, unfortunately, after realizing what the reality of a Trump Presidency would really mean. Talk about sore winners and losers: Cruz crows his victory for what seems forever, while Trump demands that there either be a recount in Iowa, or that the decision be nullified. Imagine either of these idiots either winning or losing the national election!

those flocking lemmings are insane IMHO. they vote to stick it to the other, never realizing that they themselves are the other.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 11:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

those flocking lemmings are insane IMHO. they vote to stick it to the other, never realizing that they themselves are the other.

Too true. And they'll go to the grave blaming blacks, gays, liberals, Muslims, immigrants, and whoever else, believing any or all of them are guilty of denying them good paying jobs, healthcare, education, etc - when the person to blame is staring right back at them in the mirror.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 11:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Too true. And they'll go to the grave blaming blacks, gays, liberals, Muslims, immigrants, and whoever else, believing any or all of them are guilty of denying them good paying jobs, healthcare, education, etc - when the person to blame is staring right back at them in the mirror.

and I'd be laughing at them but for the fact that their actions affect me directly.