Half of police kills are "mentally disabled"

Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2016, 6:40 pm

Quote:
first in this thread to post a stupid conspiracy theory.

Actually, by calling it stupid you're undermining the ones that are much more logical than the more Far Fetched ones... but you did make a good case for someone just getting tired of BAILING OUT COUSIN EDDIE... it's just I can't see it as something that becomes more *common-place* than that.

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2016, 6:43 pm

Quote:
Ever hear of the Gambino family? The Capone brothers? Big Jim Colosimo?

But those are all, correct me if I'm wrong, Crime Families... the Mafia and all that. If what you say were only happening in that demographic then I'd be more willing to agree with your hypothesis.

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2016, 6:53 pm

Quote:
If what you say were only happening in that demographic

Edit: If what you say were only happening in more than that demographic

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 6:55 pm

gooseman wrote:
Quote:
Ever hear of the Gambino family? The Capone brothers? Big Jim Colosimo?
But those are all, correct me if I'm wrong, Crime Families... the Mafia and all that. If what you say were only happening in that demographic then I'd be more willing to agree with your hypothesis.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a family that conspires to commit even one criminal act (poor cousin Eddie!) a "Crime Family"?

Btw ... Eddie's last name is "Strawman". :wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 7:06 pm

so "crazy eddie" wasn't just an electronics retailer?

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2016, 7:10 pm

Quote:
isn't a family that conspires to commit even one criminal act (poor cousin Eddie!) a "Crime Family"

s**t, why didn't I think of that, lol.

Quote:
Eddie's last name is "Strawman"

Touché:p

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 7:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
so "crazy eddie" wasn't just an electronics retailer?
He sold me this TV for a hundred bucks ... said it had fallen off a truck ...

Crap ... I put a thread off topic again! Let us return to our regularly scheduled program ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 7:47 pm

many police departments would benefit the public via total overhauls from top to bottom. keep/hire only the smartest applicants, pay them more if necessary! make cuts to typically bloated police hierarchies to save money- in these days of computers there is no good reason for the vast middle management in police departments of any size, IMHO. a smarter cop is less likely to be that hammer that just looks for things to nail. rename them public safety officers and offer them additional EMT pay if they train thusly, improving their PR in one fell swoop.

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2016, 6:47 am

Just wanted to post something I stumbled upon; don't know if it's already been posted but it does cover some of what we'd been talking about...

http://www.cato.org/events/rise-warrior ... ice-forces

"a smarter cop is less likely to be that hammer that just looks for things to nail."... auntblabby, you hit that nail right on the head; I think the same exact line is used in the talk that the author is giving.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 7:52 pm

the authoritarians are running rampant nowadays, they have got to be counteracted if America is to keep any semblance of a peaceful and free society.

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2016, 1:44 am

Quote:
if America is to keep any semblance of a peaceful and free society.

But why? It has no problem in spreading distress and suppression everywhere else??

http://www.alternet.org/world/35-countr ... terrorists

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 2:06 am

gooseman wrote:
Quote:
if America is to keep any semblance of a peaceful and free society.

But why? It has no problem in spreading distress and suppression everywhere else??
http://www.alternet.org/world/35-countr ... terrorists

yes, and those chickens will come home to roost as sure as anything. but the authoritarians now want to transform America into the same kind of banana republic we've been foolishly supporting in other areas of the world.

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2016, 2:42 am

Quote:
chickens will come home to roost

They already have, and it's the rest of the world whose been paying for it, like it always does...

http://www.vice.com/video/talking-heads ... -state-815

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2016, 3:12 am

gooseman wrote:
Quote:
chickens will come home to roost

They already have, and it's the rest of the world whose been paying for it, like it always does...

http://www.vice.com/video/talking-heads ... -state-815

our day of reckoning is coming, when we least suspect it. and it will finish us.

gooseman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Mar 2016, 6:31 am

Well, I don't know about that but I've done a pretty good job of Hijacking this thread... my apologies.