thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2016, 8:33 am

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2016, 9:45 am

Trump is a mixed bag on foreign policy from what I've heard, he has some promising attitudes and some disturbing attitudes, he has admitted he will learn on the job, hilary clinton has literally a hundred advisors so no doubt she is fed things and makes up her mind from many directions regurgitating stuff to her, give Trump a couple months with advisors and he'll find some competence, doubt he can be more of a mess than Clinton was as secretary. The thing about Trump with the things he comes out with I'm not sure he grasps the bigger picture that a conflict isn't just a conflict on that patch of turf, it's a game on the chessboard for the hawks hovering around it... he acts as if he doesn't realize america get involved for reasons other than 'to defeat the terrorists, get oil and spread democracy!' Syria is just like the cold war all over again, both sides have a series of interests that they would be dumb to abandon. He's correct in that destabilizing the region by discarding the previously 'stable' regimes was a terrible idea but it also may have been intended to create that instability...

Gaddafi really reminds me of neil gaiman...

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2016, 8:16 pm

So being Hawkish half a decade ago and then seeing how the badly handled similar actions resulted, can't say anything new? And the 2011 was in big interview with a what if scenario anyway. He was still pretty progressive back then.

I am worried more about people that change an entire opinion in less than a year while in politics. Like Hillary trying to woo the Bernsters or Cruz's establishment/Houston left underoos showing over his waistband .

Exceptions of course, since new science showed something to us all that may change a policy/opinion on something and they adapted to it. And a hardline often gets softer if one finds more information out on an issue.

I don't go for Bernie but unlike Hillbillary, he has marched to the same drum since Marching with MLK. He also has some changes over the years but sheez, he prolly drove a real Edsel once. Surely a human can adapt and change in so many centuries if he wants.