Shooting at LGBT nightclub in Florida, 20 injured

Page 15 of 19 [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 2:53 pm

Docfox,

You're committed to your views, and that's fine. But we're going to have to agree to disagree. I've made my opinions clear enough.

But do you really need a source to tell you that people have different interpretations of their scriptures? You don't believe the Westboro Baptist church represents all Baptists do you? But if you do need a source, mine came from an article from BBC on sharia. There are plenty more I'm sure. Islam is just as complex and varied as christianity is.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 3:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Noca wrote:
The shooter was apparently a closet case. He was a regular at the club for 3 years and on gay dating apps. Figures, those with the most hate towards LGBT are closet cases themselves.

http://gawker.com/orlando-shooter-was-r ... 1781920316

I wouldn't doubt it; the biggest homophobes are also the biggest closet cases.

I'm guessing when he saw the two guys kissing in public it triggered him to become jealous and angry that they were happy and able to express their affection and sexual orientation in public view.He didn't have the guts to do this himself so he wanted to destroy those who could.

Or it caused him to feel sexual excitement that he spent his whole life trying to repress, and thereby believed he'd be destroying that secret part of himself if he could kill gays.

Or by seeing two men kissing in public, he realized that by hiding his own sexual needs from the world, he would only make his mental state worse, so he turned to killing gays.

docfox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2016, 4:45 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Docfox,

You're committed to your views, and that's fine. But we're going to have to agree to disagree. I've made my opinions clear enough.

But do you really need a source to tell you that people have different interpretations of their scriptures? You don't believe the Westboro Baptist church represents all Baptists do you? But if you do need a source, mine came from an article from BBC on sharia. There are plenty more I'm sure. Islam is just as complex and varied as christianity is.

10 countries don't have the same law in place because they practice wildly different practices of Shariah. I still don't understand how you can compare 40 people in a cult to 10 different countries, but I suppose we'll have to agree to disagre.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Police say that 50 are dead, 53 injured

this is the largest attack on American soil since 9/11

49 dead + mass shooter
53 injured

Quotes from Washington Post

"Mateen was married in 2009 to a woman who was born in Uzbekistan, according to the couple's marriage license, but the two divorced in 2011."
"He was not a stable person," the ex-wife, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told The Washington Post. "He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn’t finished or something like that."

Seddique Mateen said his son had access to a pistol through his employer. The Post and other media outlets reported Sunday that Omar Mateen worked as a security guard for G4S, a global security and contracting company.

“God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality,” he said. “This is not for the servants” of God.

That is what his father said and it looks like he influenced the atrocity of this rebel attack in some way.

The background of the family are as follows:

"The “Durand Line issue” is a historically significant one, particularly for members of the Pashtun ethnic group, whose homeland straddles the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Durand Line is that border.
It is not clear whether the Mateens are Pashtun. The Afghan Taliban is mostly made up of Pashtuns.

Pashtuns are the largest ethnic group in most of eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan."

I've read of tales of the British Empire ruling afghan colonies and a lot were broken up.
In 1979 the Russians attacked and the family fled to New York.

When you take a simple homophobic man from his homeland, you extract DNA which resources itself to its opposite advantage. It clearly had the Gibralter effect, growing up in the understated cultural extreme society that was evolution at its height.

I think if his employer let him have access to a gun in the first place, he must have outwitted all his subsidiaries.
It appeared he was a psychotic on the loose, and could have had manic separation issues.

The people didn't deserve such a fate without no warning. A salsa rampage is yet another South Park exclusive for fans of the messiah.. you put the bullet in too late.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2016, 10:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
SWAT did their job and ended his existence before hopefully anybody got hurt

They did? 49 dead, and 53 wounded is your idea of nobody getting hurt? :roll:

The job the SWAT did was a complete joke, as usual. It was like Columbine High School all over again. Multiple victims bleeding to death for hours because "officer safety is paramount". Victims can die, but the lives of the police "heroes" can't be endangered. The cops only look our for themselves. They don't care how many people die.

docfox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2016, 11:24 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

The job the SWAT did was a complete joke, as usual. It was like Columbine High School all over again. Multiple victims bleeding to death for hours because "officer safety is paramount". Victims can die, but the lives of the police "heroes" can't be endangered. The cops only look our for themselves. They don't care how many people die.

Ignoring how ill informed your post is, Jacoby was referring to the Texas walmart situation and not the Orlando shooting.

But, sure, let's put you in charge of a SWAT team and have them run into a club against 1 shooter (who allegedly had explosives) that was filled with hundreds of people. Your friends would then complain about how SWAT caused more damage than the shooter did in the ensuing shootout with hundreds of club goers in the crossfire.

Basic tactics; you don't put civilians between you and the shooter (as they would've done by immediately rushing inside). All it takes is 1 civilian being shot by a "supposed to be perfect" SWAT officer in the crossfire of a shootout and you now have a multi-million dollar lawsuit and public outrage by people such as yourself who would surely be complaining that SWAT killed more people than the shooter.

I'm not saying waiting 3 hours was the best possible decision, but it's easy for one to sit in their internet leftist high chair and say cops are scum who only care for themselves and intentionally botched the situation with the power of hinesight. You'd be saying the same s**t if the cops immediately rushed the shooter and club patrons died in the crossfire.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Jun 2016, 1:06 am

0regonGuy wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Was talking about this Amarillo Walmart hostage taker, it seems likely the police are responsible for some of deaths in Orlando.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 3:00 am

I think the FBI should have this guy's father (Orlando nightclub shooter) on their Watch List, because he (Seddique) seems radical to me. I think about the father of the San Bernardino shooter and he seemed humble, by comparison.

Also, they're driving me crazy putting the father's last name as his first, and giving him his son's last name, because they clearly, previously stated that the son changed his name to Mateen.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 3:53 am

Jacoby wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Was talking about this Amarillo Walmart hostage taker, it seems likely the police are responsible for some of deaths in Orlando.

Sorry, I thought we are talking about the Orlando nightclub shooting. I didn't see any reference to the other incident. Anyway it gave me a chance to rant about how pathetic our law enforcement is in this country.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 4:26 am

docfox wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Ignoring how ill informed your post is, Jacoby was referring to the Texas walmart situation and not the Orlando shooting.

But, sure, let's put you in charge of a SWAT team and have them run into a club against 1 shooter (who allegedly had explosives) that was filled with hundreds of people. Your friends would then complain about how SWAT caused more damage than the shooter did in the ensuing shootout with hundreds of club goers in the crossfire.

Basic tactics; you don't put civilians between you and the shooter (as they would've done by immediately rushing inside). All it takes is 1 civilian being shot by a "supposed to be perfect" SWAT officer in the crossfire of a shootout and you now have a multi-million dollar lawsuit and public outrage by people such as yourself who would surely be complaining that SWAT killed more people than the shooter.

I'm not saying waiting 3 hours was the best possible decision, but it's easy for one to sit in their internet leftist high chair and say cops are scum who only care for themselves and intentionally botched the situation with the power of hinesight. You'd be saying the same s**t if the cops immediately rushed the shooter and club patrons died in the crossfire.

Some reports say that some victims were shot by LEOs. I have a gut feeling those reports are right.

There was no tactical advantage to waiting three hours to end the stand off. They were just waiting and hoping he would surrender, so they would not have to do their jobs. Just like they did at Columbine High School, and endless other incidents. I can guarantee that if even one LEO had been down inside there, they would not have waited three hours to go in and get him out. American cops look out for themselves, not the general public.

Also I would not have a problem with SWAT killing some hostages to save a much greater number. Leaving victims to bleed to death is not a good strategy. As a general rule I think hostage situations should be ended as quickly as possible with force. Negotiations with hostage takers should be limited, and mostly used as a diversion, to give the SWAT team a good opportunity to end it.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 4:32 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I think the FBI should have this guy's father (Orlando nightclub shooter) on their Watch List, because he (Seddique) seems radical to me. I think about the father of the San Bernardino shooter and he seemed humble, by comparison.

Yeah, that would do as much good as his son being on the watch list. Even if he as added to the list, he would still be able to buy assault rifles, and carry out an attack.

dan_aspie
Raven
Raven

15 Jun 2016, 7:35 am

What they should do is imprison the thing's father for inciting terrorism, imprison the thing's wife for obstructing justice and accessory to murder, and put the thing's children into foster care - beyond the reach of their family.

I'm calling it "a thing" because it doesn't deserve a human pronoun. Nor does it deserve a proper funeral of any kind - just bury it's body in an unmarked grave. It voided it's right to that when it murdered innocent people!

Curious how all the Abrahamic religions are (almost, if not completely) full of psychotic, hate-preaching, unintelligent nut-jobs of varying degrees. I've never, ever heard of a Buddhist, Hindu, or Shinto terrorist before.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 11:06 am

I'll lay this tragedy at the feet of religious fundamentalism.

He couldn't accept himself, since his interpretation of the religion that he followed prescribed death for people with his sexual orientation. I can't imagine a worse cognitive dissonance.

The verse cited by Islamic proponents of that philosophy references the story of Lot from Genesis. Leviticus also calls for death to anyone who doesn't do it standing up.

Religion is weird, but people do take it extremely seriously. People who criticize it on the basis of its antisocial elements can expect harsh consequences.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 11:23 am

It does sound very much like the behavior of someone having it out with self-hate and internal conflict and deciding to share the wealth.

Either way you slice it, more acceptance would prevent this s**t.

Not likely to happen in the human condition, though.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2016, 11:56 am

Lets see, what haven't we blamed yet...

How about the guy was a bad person?

Nah... Doesn't fit any agenda. :roll:

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2016, 1:11 pm

That's true, Tom, but I see a lot to indicate that badness of that type has specific causes. The shooter deserves full blame, and his father and religious leaders deserve some extra blame on top of that.