'What is the EU?' Tops UK google search.

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 12:45 pm

http://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-the-eu ... -to-leave/

Quote:
Some of the frequently asked questions cropping up in Google from within the UK include: "What is the EU?" and "What happens if we leave the EU?" The former was the second top UK question on the EU after the results were officially announced. The latter saw more than a 250 percent spike after polls closed.

Wow. I guess the US isn't the only country with low information voters...

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 4:24 pm

Did the U.N. suddenly disappear or become the E.U. or something ? Another... ahem... Mandela-Effect ?

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 5:18 pm

Quote:
when Prime Minister David Cameron resigned. As Cameron made his resignation speech, Twitter usage in the UK was at double normal levels, the company said in a blog post.

Throughout the campaign, it was the Leave camp that generated the most buzz, according to Twitter's data, and only on polling day itself did Remain lead the conversation. By far the most discussed topic was the economy, with foreign relations, immigration and security trailing far behind.

Should realize that things that trend on net are more likely driven by younger generations...lawl. Specially Twitter. Had I not been a DJ I'd never had touched Twitter. Twitter is mostly the Stay-ers

The people MOST concerned on leaving EU are those that have never known anything different. Probably didn't even know it could be left. Again that falls more on younger generations with a sprinkling of the expats using economically weaker countries stuck in Euro currency to use to live but still collect services and benefits of retirement. Goes along with 100 searches for Irish Passport.
It is not buyer's remorse of elderly country bumpkins and the middle class blue collar who strongly came out and had looked over what they disliked. It wishful thinking for the losing side to think that suddenly the Brexiters wil have a 30% change before the 50 is enacted. The people who were old enough to vote in the 70s to join the Eu in its present form I'm sure know at least on surface what EU is.

I'm Murican and can see at least that much. people were so complacent in the polled "win" they didn't see what will effect them if they didn't win. Cameron bailing spooked the herd.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 5:52 pm

Twitter often censures Milo Yiannopoulos, it would be no surprise for it to be a strong site for remainers.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 12:37 pm

I guess these people missed this video:

https://vimeo.com/44568228

CNN has been talking about how terrible Brexit is and how it will ruin everyone's 401ks and throw people out of their homes and cost jobs and all kinds of nonsense.

They have a Dow Jones counter on the screen so that everyone can see in real time exactly how far its gone down. To help increase general economic panic, I suppose.

Kerry also just said that "we defeated DASH" while speaking about how awesome the British and Americans are and how we're BFFs forever and ever. Um...okay.

I am frankly surprised that there hasn't yet been a mention of merging the EU and the US. At the very least, converting the dollar to euro or vice versa.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 12:47 pm

The banksters and their globalist/NWO friends seem to be really really spooked by Brexit. They seem to be pulling out all the stops to "punish" the UK, including fomenting/creating internal divisions and pitting Brits against each other. I wonder if Trump wins in November and decides to flip the bird to the banksters what they will try to pull. Their media outlets have been constantly pushing the idea that the world is ending, while warning Americans not to vote for Trump.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 5:59 pm

It doesn't mean voters did that. Especially if it was after it was done. Could be people who didn't vote and youngsters making up most of the numbers.

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Jun 2016, 6:02 pm

Drake wrote:
It doesn't mean voters did that. Especially if it was after it was done. Could be people who didn't vote and youngsters making up most of the numbers.

Actually most young people voted to remain.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 6:12 pm

alex wrote:
Drake wrote:

Hi founder. :)

I mean people too young to vote.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 7:22 pm

Probably all millennials that voted remain or those that didn't vote. Good thing not enough older people have died off in the UK to make it a permanent member of the EU. The vote was just in time!! !

Stephen__
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jun 2016, 7:51 pm

I think the remain camp is desperately manouvering to try and stop it going through so any media reporting on the issue shouldn't be taken at face value. The whole thing just reminds me of Yes Minister.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 9:17 pm

pezar wrote:
The banksters and their globalist/NWO friends seem to be really really spooked by Brexit. They seem to be pulling out all the stops to "punish" the UK, including fomenting/creating internal divisions and pitting Brits against each other. I wonder if Trump wins in November and decides to flip the bird to the banksters what they will try to pull. Their media outlets have been constantly pushing the idea that the world is ending, while warning Americans not to vote for Trump.

So, this is how you will rationalize if Trump wins and wrecks everything.

God, I simply cannot believe some people's capacity for self deception.

Trump is wreckess and stupid. If he gets elected, it will be its own punishment.

I really wish all you Trump people could move to Texas and secede. Put Trump in charge and have at it. At least then, innocent people woudn't get hurt.

As it is, we'll all get what you guys deserve when it goes to hell.

PS

When EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy in order to explain your world view, it's time to step out of the echo chamber.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2016, 10:06 pm

The actual number of people making those searches likely wasn't over a few thousand – out of a country of 65 million. And there's no way to know who they were; could be mostly schoolchildren. But it's written up in a way that suggests that most Leave voters are mentally deficient – because Narrative. :roll:

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 10:49 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
pezar wrote:

So, this is how you will rationalize if Trump wins and wrecks everything.

God, I simply cannot believe some people's capacity for self deception.

Trump is wreckess and stupid. If he gets elected, it will be its own punishment.

I really wish all you Trump people could move to Texas and secede. Put Trump in charge and have at it. At least then, innocent people woudn't get hurt.

As it is, we'll all get what you guys deserve when it goes to hell.

PS

When EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy in order to explain your world view, it's time to step out of the echo chamber.

The Republic of Texas ...which was a SOVEREIGN NATION (not a colony) that joined Union jut before the war, it was not the border used today. The crying in Colorado, especially Denver and wailing in liberal Albuquerque New Mexico would fill the basin into an ocean. Not sure how Rawlings WY would like being a "border town". And chances are Arizona would go with her. Not sure about Utah.

I wont need any justification to vote Trump. Hillary I know will do evil. If Trump ends up no better.... least I can feel I almost escaped the lions to live before the hyena finished me off.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 1:22 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Did the U.N. suddenly disappear or become the E.U. or something ? Another... ahem... Mandela-Effect ?

What are you talking about? The UN is still what it has always been: a world-wide international organization which tries to resolve international disputes without war. It hasn't gone anywhere, and although the EU is a part of the UN they are and always have been very different things.

United Nations (UN)

European Union (EU)

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 5:01 am

alex wrote:
Drake wrote:

I heard one guy from the UK, say that this proves there needs to be a maximum age of 50 to vote. Because after that you are no longer voting on things that will affect you, but rather things that will affect future generations. Not a bad idea really.