Scotland seeks independent entry to the European Union

Page 2 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2016, 10:36 am

It is my opinion, with rare exception, we have an unusually poor set of heads of state at the moment. Probably the worst I have ever seen.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 10:56 am

If the E.U feels disengaged, what about us? What of democratic diplomacy and fairer views for all. The sight of some tory politicians do send shivers down my spine, but at least some promote the kinder approach to leave whilst the curtain is still up.

Lets start to see some changes being made to our British economy and bring the pound back to its full circulation or the heads of state will fall on deaf ears, when each member decides to backtrack and pompously reign ignorance at our current allegiance in the single market which, purpose is to harmoniously side with other nations to bring in the role of independence swiftly, however my resonance in this debate won’t help the millions who need the backing of all business women and men.

Nigel got in there yesterday and wasn’t labelling so much as arguing and a good telling off was what was needed at last. We’ve been unfairly judged for far too long and been thought of as a nuisance too when the whole time an ISIS war is going on around our heads and nobody can hear the gun shot wounds.

I know that Trump has sweetened Scottish appetites with a meaty flavour of golf a la mange, but all this is, is a dollar exit launch to a far heavier signing of global market dealership in the pound pitted against the dollar and telling us he won’t make the same mistake with migration as us.

In which case, he should be sure the dyed hairs on his face won’t fritter away any plastic currency that won’t get lost in high expenses of the wealthy and if he wants an offshore account, he can try Mexico.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2016, 3:01 pm

Wait... Scotland is attached to England right? Its not an Island like Wales?

:wink:

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 3:46 pm

Empathy wrote:
I know that Trump has sweetened Scottish appetites with a meaty flavour of golf a la mange

Trump hasn't sweetened anything in Scotland.His golf club in Aberdeen was opposed by locals,he was sacked
by the Scottish government from his post as 'ambassador' and he was met on arrival here last week by a Mexican flag
flown from a nearby house.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 3:54 pm

TomS wrote:

Yes.. so Nigel was giving a good telling off to Jun Claude Junker his name, and Scotland was being backed by E.U separatists whilst the Chinaware was still intact. I suspect if anyone can grind down the bullion into net foreign nationals in this debate, pound for pound or dollar for dollar exchange, our U.K personas as a whole won't alter much.

Looking
Raven
Raven

29 Jun 2016, 4:37 pm

I don't really understand the SNP. They want to gain independence from the UK so that they can give it to the EU.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:45 pm

Looking wrote:
I don't really understand the SNP. They want to gain independence from the UK so that they can give it to the EU.

Perhaps the Scots find being part of Britain more confining than being part of the EU. In any case to pursue this goal they will have to become an independent sovereign nation. As part of Britain the Scots have no legal authority to enter into treaties independent of the British government (which means Parliament).

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:53 pm

pluto wrote:
Empathy wrote:
I know that Trump has sweetened Scottish appetites with a meaty flavour of golf a la mange

Trump hasn't sweetened anything in Scotland. His golf club in Aberdeen was opposed by locals, and he was met on arrival here last week by a Mexican flag

The last one I believe is right, but the fuss he is creating, (because he has pumped millions into the gold course in Balmedie, Aberdeenshire.).It is separating the national interests from its own responsibilities. It was opposed, but it has been invested in for some time, and will open to the public soon. I don't think anyone would want to pay nine grand for a two night dinner package though.
The restored 15th century Macleod House owned by the Donald sits on Trump International Golf Links Scotland investment land. He shared his meal with Murdoch, who supposedly has roots in Scotland, before his grandfather emigrated to Aussie Land. He may be trying to sweeten ties with Scotland, so that he can show some investors who is boss and maybe try to impose other things we don't want. How about he co-operates with some of our pension investors instead and try and secure a more laid back deal before Hilary sweep stakes him out, with some of her own sugar free laxatives?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:50 pm

pluto wrote:
Empathy wrote:

Trump hasn't sweetened anything in Scotland.His golf club in Aberdeen was opposed by locals,he was sacked
by the Scottish government from his post as 'ambassador' and he was met on arrival here last week by a Mexican flag

Maybe he'll be beaten to death by Groundskeeper Willie.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 4:56 am

Scotland and N.Ireland should leave the arrogant prick of a nation. If England and Wales want to be stupid, they should not drag the rest of the country down the drain because of some career sociopath. Good luck with the economy, it's already been damaged and the vote was based on a lie.

Also, Brexit is just a referendum which did not even achieve qualified majority status, and it is not legally binding and can be overturned, once by the government which is supreme and by the house of lords, which is even more supreme.

As a European, i'll salute the UK vote to leave by raising my middle finger to those who wanted to leave, but very soon will b***h about the negative effects it will have. Read up first, then vote.

Also, what i came here to say is: this is PPR stuff.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2016, 10:31 pm

Very Strange.

What if Russia was behind this? It would like to weaken the EU.

Boris is a Russian name right?

:nerdy:

lobstercowboy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jun 2016, 10:57 pm

Had to steal this from imgur, lol

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 11:27 pm

Looking wrote:

It's not about authority, it's about economy-- the E.U. has a larger economic pie to feast on than the U.K.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2016, 4:05 am

Sweden and Belgium already had PPR plans to overthrow us along with sceptic rich beaureaucrats and are intent on splitting a divided nation into two. I’ve never liked countries who put themselves at the top of the tree in Politics, Eurovision, or anything else for that matter. Poorer countries have had to live with being labelled for years and most E.U countries still don’t really want to co-operate with them which is why they always asked us to bail them out.
Let me just say, I read the entire Brexit debate before and after proceedings and statements, which were generally positive, reasonable and non sceptical. I did notice though, a few countries such as Sweden and Belgium, Estonia and most likely Russia, who had very cheap and undignified things to say.
Scotland is being ruined by someone who is a non patriot and clearly a bigamist when she spouts inappropriate demands on her own people who by some degree or notion backed the U.K vote and not the E.U.
Everyone knows what central politics has done to people's lives, and the right P.M needs to stand up and defend us.
If anyone has to point the middle finger at these inhumane people it's me, along with other good willed voters and patriots. Whoever wants left of the pie can have it, the matrix as a whole is what needs fixing now.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2016, 11:02 am

But the nordic countries do everything better don't they? Obama thinks so anyway.

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2016-05-13/obama-to-welcome-nordic-leaders-to-the-white-house

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2016, 11:21 am

TomS wrote:

By the way; Wales is part of the U.k and created the N.H.S. It's only Ireland that is separate from us; and I think its the Republic of Ireland that is part of the Euro and in the E.U. 8)