Miss Alabama says Dallas Cop Killer was a Martyr

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 3:25 pm

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/07/first_black_miss_alabama_says.html

Recently someone posted on another thread that black people in their area were expressing sadness that the Dallas cops had been killed. I was surprised by that, because, here, in Baltimore, I heard things like: "Good----how does it feel?" (she was saying how does it feel that YOUR loved-one was taken-away from you by a senseless killing), "Join the club!" (same sentiment), and "If cops don't wanna be killed, they should stop killing US!".

I was wondering if black people in Baltimore were the only ones feeling like this----now, I know.....

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:03 pm

In Texas, the standard police motto is "To Serve, Protect, and Ram Fundamentalist Christian Beliefs Down Peoples' Throats"

There are still places here that ban drinking and dancing.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:05 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
In Texas, the standard police motto is "To Serve, Protect, and Ram Fundamentalist Christian Beliefs Down Peoples' Throats"

Here is the hero to all police officers in red states:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_Connor

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:53 pm

I can't say I really give a s**t about them.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:58 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I live in Alabama and Bull Connor is no hero to anyone down here. He is remembered for fire hoses and dogs.

That being said, when he was in the hospital shortly before his death my mother was his nurse. She was head nurse at the time and he was a VIP because he was known and also because he paid more and got the VIP suite on the floor. So, he also got the head nurse and charge nurses to do his care. She said he was mean as hell but his family was very nice. His wife was very sweet and sent home some pickles she had made with the staff. She made the best bread and butter pickles I ever ate. Also, he gave my mom a key for us to use his beach place at Gulf Shores for vacation whenever we wanted but we never went. Nobody likes him and he is only remembered fondly and heroically by those who wear white robes and hoods. Don't paint everyone down here with the same brush. My mom said she felt sorry for his family because they were nice people and everybody assumed they were racist assumes because of him. Assuming doesn't help anybody. Maybe learn a thing before you decide to proclaim what everyone else's opinions are, huh buddy?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 7:02 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

I guess just the white ones?

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 8:44 pm

I am glad the black people in Dallas don't feel that way.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 9:56 pm

Ho much has the police culture in the south changed?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 9:57 pm

Not much. Not only are blacks being slaughtered by the cops, I can't be naked in public.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 12:59 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Not much. Not only are blacks being slaughtered by the cops, I can't be naked in public.

O, Tim.

No one wants to see you naked in public.

And blacks aren't being slaughtered by cops [to any appreciable amount]. 400 out of a population of 20 million a year isn't a slaughter; that's a grain of sand. As is the 2400 black on black murders a year.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 1:12 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

My husband got on the roof naked after a championship game one year yelling Roll Tide. I called the cop to get him down. He was drunk. The cop, who went to Alabama himself just stood in the yard and yelled Roll Tide back. It was dark. Nobody cared. Oh, and the cop was black if it matters. Nobody got shot but eventually the cop told him to get down off the roof and shut up or he would shoot him off it. We went and got a ladder and he came down. The cop wasn't serious with the threat, he just got tired of standing there talking about football with a naked guy on the roof.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com