Page 8 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:03 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
...we all want accountability but mob justice is not justice

I agree. Which is why the movement is non-violent.

Why do you say it's non-violent? Because they say they are? The rhetoric certainly has not been non-violent, there has been incidences of violence against police and at these protests all around the country. They've arrested hundreds of people, they've injured police at these protests with fireworks and rocks. What are they protesting, against the due process of these officers in these specific incidences? They've already made their minds up about the guilt of these people. Agitators are looking to spark confrontations just like they did in Ferguson. Do we need a city to burned? Do we need more officers to die?

The incidents of violence are minor, the kind of thing you might expect when tensions are high, (no different to a typical Trump rally) but (unless you listen to Fox News) no rioting, burning, looting, etc.

They are protesting the situation. The country has to respond to their concerns. How, exactly, I don't know, maybe listen to their leaders?

What leaders?

And find me one Trump rally were a cop or anybody was murder or pelted with rocks or anybody was even injured. Perhaps they're similar to the protests outside Trump rallies but I don't think you want to go for that narrative.

Do we need a city to be burned? Is that what it's going to take?

No injuries or violence at Trump rallies?!?!?! Those protestors who got punched and shoved, and threatened certainly would disagree.

Far more Trump supporters have been attacked by protesters than there other way around, you know that is a fact. You have like 2 or 3 incidences whereas the other side hear literally has had multiple riots and have attacked people.

I saw only one news report where that sort of thing happened.

Riots in New Mexico, riots in Chicago, riots in San Jose, riots in Anaheim,

But does that excuse violence instigated by the Trumpites?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jul 2016, 7:06 pm

imaginary violence that hasnt happened?

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:11 pm

Trump and his supporters have done nothing wrong according to Jacoby.

We can provide news stories about anything and everything they have done, he will pass it off as either "media lies" or "but Clintons are worse" in every case.

I honestly think as this point he's just trying to annoy people and not even attempting to have a civil discussion on the matter.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:13 pm

Earthbound wrote:
Trump and his supporters have done nothing wrong according to Jacoby.

We can provide news stories about anything and everything they have done, he will pass it off as either "media lies" or "but Clintons are worse" in every case.

I honestly think as this point he's just trying to annoy people and not even attempting to have a civil discussion on the matter.

This is pretty much the same conclusion I came to.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:16 pm

Jacoby wrote:
imaginary violence that hasnt happened?

Punches thrown, people of color threatened by known white supremacists.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:32 pm

luan78zao wrote:
AspE wrote:
Blocking a street is really the least we can do to make people pay attention. Otherwise they can safely ignore you.

If causing the deaths of some random innocent people is really the least you can do, what's really the most you can do?

What's the goal here? And how are your actions going to bring about that goal?

You can always make some BS hypothetical excuse to suppress political dissent. It won't work.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:57 pm

When Trump supporters kill someone, start a riot, cause any major disturbance then maybe there would be something to talk about but there is no equivalence, you guys cried bloody murder about minor incidences that involved individuals you can count on one hand but then try to claim these protesters are peaceful and non-violent so how can you guys rectify this blatant double standard? You know exactly what you guys would be doing if it was a Trump supporter that murdered those police officers in Dallas. My favorite part of 'Rules for Radicals' is making the enemy play by their own book of rules.

You three think Hillary did nothing wrong with the emails or any of the decades worth of scandals and corruption, you guys think BLM is all hugs and kisses, you guys aren't having the civil discussion here because you can't since it's on the losing side of the argument. I will not accept your false narratives, there is nothing in this world that will change your partisan beliefs. I like talking about the issues and Trump wins there every time, all you guys can do is smear and obscure with irrelevance. Look, Trump retweet a six point star! Oh muh gawd, Trump used chapter 11 when Atlantic City went bust! Oh the humanity, Trump is actually talking about solutions to illegal immigration and the spread of Islamic extremism! Worst of all, Trump hurts our feelings!

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 8:05 pm

Who gives a s**t about some minor violence? People are dying. BLM isn't responsible for any deaths. The nature of Trump supporters' belligerence is quite different than that of BLM. Trump supporters are xenophobic jerks with repugnant opinions. BLM supporters are righteously upset about their friends and family being shot unfairly by the police, something that's been happening for more than a century.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 8:12 pm

Jacoby wrote:
When Trump supporters kill someone, start a riot, cause any major disturbance then maybe there would be something to talk about but there is no equivalence, you guys cried bloody murder about minor incidences that involved individuals you can count on one hand but then try to claim these protesters are peaceful and non-violent so how can you guys rectify this blatant double standard? You know exactly what you guys would be doing if it was a Trump supporter that murdered those police officers in Dallas. My favorite part of 'Rules for Radicals' is making the enemy play by their own book of rules.

You three think Hillary did nothing wrong with the emails or any of the decades worth of scandals and corruption, you guys think BLM is all hugs and kisses, you guys aren't having the civil discussion here because you can't since it's on the losing side of the argument. I will not accept your false narratives, there is nothing in this world that will change your partisan beliefs. I like talking about the issues and Trump wins there every time, all you guys can do is smear and obscure with irrelevance. Look, Trump retweet a six point star! Oh muh gawd, Trump used chapter 11 when Atlantic City went bust! Oh the humanity, Trump is actually talking about solutions to illegal immigration and the spread of Islamic extremism! Worst of all, Trump hurts our feelings!

Yeah, I'm still with Earthbound.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 8:15 pm

BLM are manipulated by a sensationalist media into thinking that racist white police are targeting and killing black males when that is simply not true. The media always frames it as a literal black vs white issue even if the alleged perpetrator isn't even white as was the case with Trayvon Martin, Freddie Gray, and now Philando Castile. This is 100% done deliberately.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 8:20 pm

Jacoby, you just proved my point above. You are just trolling at this point.

You are delusional. Every freaking news story about Trump isnt a lie. A lot of it isnt just some media smear. So stop being paranoid about how the media is all evil and making Trump to be a bad guy. He proves he is a bad guy with all the crap he's done over the years (WHICH IS FACTUAL).

If you actually took the time to have a civil discussion, it would go a long ways. Being rude and whining about Clintons all the time is just diverting the attention away from Trump. Where does that sound familiar? OH I KNOW- its what Donald Trump has done a lot in interviews. If something is said that he doesnt like or doesnt want to answer- he changes the subject or answers in a rude way.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 8:22 pm

Jacoby wrote:
BLM are manipulated by a sensationalist media into thinking that racist white police are targeting and killing black males when that is simply not true. The media always frames it as a literal black vs white issue even if the alleged perpetrator isn't even white as was the case with Trayvon Martin, Freddie Gray, and now Philando Castile. This is 100% done deliberately.

Getting conspiratorial now, aren't we? :lol:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 8:26 pm

AspE wrote:
Who gives a s**t about some minor violence? People are dying. BLM isn't responsible for any deaths. The nature of Trump supporters' belligerence is quite different than that of BLM. Trump supporters are xenophobic jerks with repugnant opinions. BLM supporters are righteously upset about their friends and family being shot unfairly by the police, something that's been happening for more than a century.

You're being biased here.

For example: BLM started over justified shootings, and has continued with the same (with the minority of incidents perhaps pointing to actual brutality by the police), as poster boys and gals. That's basing your entire movement on knee-jerk ignorance in the least.

BLM supporters have called for murdering police (that aren't related to the incidents they promote as brutality). It's easy to find. They say it at actual protests in the streets.

On the other hand, you have BLM supporters calling for peace and understanding.

You need to acknowledge these if you want to bring up Trump supporters that are bigots. Not all Trump supporters are bigots, just as not all BLM protesters chant for murder.

Continuing with "us versus them" doesn't help anyone, and you should try the understanding part that some BLM supporters promote.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 8:31 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Getting conspiratorial now, aren't we? :lol:

Is it not true?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 8:32 pm

Earthbound wrote:
Jacoby, you just proved my point above. You are just trolling at this point.

You are delusional. Every freaking news story about Trump isnt a lie. A lot of it isnt just some media smear. So stop being paranoid about how the media is all evil and making Trump to be a bad guy. He proves he is a bad guy with all the crap he's done over the years (WHICH IS FACTUAL).

If you actually took the time to have a civil discussion, it would go a long ways. Being rude and whining about Clintons all the time is just diverting the attention away from Trump. Where does that sound familiar? OH I KNOW- its what Donald Trump has done a lot in interviews. If something is said that he doesnt like or doesnt want to answer- he changes the subject or answers in a rude way.

What are you doing then?

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2016, 9:33 pm

AspE wrote:
luan78zao wrote:
AspE wrote:
Blocking a street is really the least we can do to make people pay attention. Otherwise they can safely ignore you.

If causing the deaths of some random innocent people is really the least you can do, what's really the most you can do?

What's the goal here? And how are your actions going to bring about that goal?

You can always make some BS hypothetical excuse to suppress political dissent. It won't work.

So the goal is to harm, or at least annoy, as many people as possible?

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand