Page 3 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 3:37 pm

Drake wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:
Psychology 101. People need their voices heard.

As long as no violence is being committed, I support the protests. I don't care about freeways being shut down. It's nothing compared to murder.

People are angry and they are going to make damn well sure their voices are heard. That's just basic psychology.

The more people condemn movements like Black Lives matter, the more they are going to feel invalidated and the more they are going to protest. You people want to end this madness, just let the protests continue and stop defending corrupt police officers.

Agreed, 100%.

NO.

Homosexuals didn't get same sex marriage by using the deplorable tactics BLM use.

I don't care what your cause is if you're behaving like beasts to advance it.

As I stated already, Black Lives Matter seem to only make headlines when something bad happens, but their far more numerous demonstrations (as in last weekends Spokane) go without media attention.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 3:40 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
The Governor of Michigan proposed one solution.

He wants to bring in thousands of immigrants with a Masters degree or better, or specialized education.

To build a tax base up in Detroit.

So, change the ghetto from the inside. Less blacks, and more educated people.

Do you at all recognize the racist aspect to this post?

Well, the black groups say, "They want to take away afro-power".

But we know better, right? Immigrants help the community, right?

It's not about immigrants that makes your post racist, but that you see Detroit deliberately becoming less black, as if race is the problem.

You just said it yesterday, on the other forum, how "too many white people in a city" is a problem.

Apparently, you have a double-standard.

No, my point was, the problem stems in part from exclusively white communities that keep out poor and minority people through too high of housing costs.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Jul 2016, 3:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Drake wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:

As long as no violence is being committed, I support the protests. I don't care about freeways being shut down. It's nothing compared to murder.

People are angry and they are going to make damn well sure their voices are heard. That's just basic psychology.

The more people condemn movements like Black Lives matter, the more they are going to feel invalidated and the more they are going to protest. You people want to end this madness, just let the protests continue and stop defending corrupt police officers.

Agreed, 100%.

NO.

Homosexuals didn't get same sex marriage by using the deplorable tactics BLM use.

As I stated already, Black Lives Matter seem to only make headlines when something bad happens, but their far more numerous demonstrations (as in last weekends Spokane) go without media attention.

let me guess, there were probably more white college students there than actual 'black lives'

of course the riots get attention, shutting down interstates is not okay either, no **** they don't care about the 20 person hacky sack game in Spokane by the old pine tree

They aren't known for being kumbaya or peaceful, they hid behind free speech while trying to shut down the speech of others and force confrontations. I've always thought it was a divisive group, ALL LIVE MATTER and there is nothing racist or wrong with saying that. They act like blacks are the only ones that have to deal with the police, it's a joke. They don't make themselves sympathetic at all, they are not inclusive and have contributed greatly to this breakdown in race relations in this country. Giuliani is 100% right when he says he saved more black lives then BLM could ever dream to, there are real grievances but these people are not helping their cause at all.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 3:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

No, my point was, the problem stems in part from exclusively white communities that keep out poor and minority people through too high of housing costs.

No it doesn't. Where these police murders are occurring actually has nothing to do with the crime rate in that area.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 3:50 pm

Jacoby wrote:
...They aren't known for being kumbaya or peaceful, they hid behind free speech while trying to shut down the speech of others and force confrontations. I've always thought it was a divisive group, ALL LIVE MATTER and there is nothing racist or wrong with saying that. They act like blacks are the only ones that have to deal with the police, it's a joke. They don't make themselves sympathetic at all, they are not inclusive and have contributed greatly to this breakdown in race relations in this country. Giuliani is 100% right when he says he saved more black lives then BLM could ever dream to, there are real grievances but these people are not helping their cause at all.

It's not possible for a non-governmental agency to shut down anyone's free speech rights. It's also racist to imply that blacks don't have a special problem with the police. Or that bringing racism out as an issue is a cause of racism.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 3:58 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Drake wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:

Agreed, 100%.

NO.

let me guess, there were probably more white college students there than actual 'black lives'

of course the riots get attention, shutting down interstates is not okay either, no **** they don't care about the 20 person hacky sack game in Spokane by the old pine tree

They aren't known for being kumbaya or peaceful, they hid behind free speech while trying to shut down the speech of others and force confrontations. I've always thought it was a divisive group, ALL LIVE MATTER and there is nothing racist or wrong with saying that. They act like blacks are the only ones that have to deal with the police, it's a joke. They don't make themselves sympathetic at all, they are not inclusive and have contributed greatly to this breakdown in race relations in this country. Giuliani is 100% right when he says he saved more black lives then BLM could ever dream to, there are real grievances but these people are not helping their cause at all.

Yeah they never blocked streets back in the 60's in Selma Al... Oh wait, they did. It's called civil disobedience.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 3:59 pm

Tell that to Milo Yiannopoulos or the multiple events they've crashed and forcefully hijacked, poor Bernie just stood there like an idiot.

BLM is a breeding ground for extremism, we've seen the result of their rhetoric and our pantywaist leaders enabling of them, how many more people have to die? Most of these people don't actually care about the black community, it's only to sow the seeds of racial division to meet their own ideological ends. These people want mob justice, they want blood, they give no practical solutions and are only a vehicle for rage.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:01 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Drake wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:

Agreed, 100%.

NO.

The crowd was largely mixed, as a matter of fact, with the whites admittedly being the majority, but with a great many blacks and Latinos. And so what if there were a lot of whites? Whites can't feel empathy for blacks and others? And who says that an all black crowd would have rioted? Blacks aren't the only people who have to deal with the police, but they and Latinos are the only ones who are genuinely afraid of the police, considering how it's just assumed black people are criminally inclined.
And yes, to say All Lives Matter is racist, because the people who are trumpeting that slogan have shown little concern for black people and their relationship with the police before this. To slam Black Lives Matter is to diminish the reality of that fear and history experienced by blacks.
And as far as Giuliani is concerned: he was very much part of the problem. As Mayor of New York, he had exacerbated racial tensions. His one claim to fame as Mayor rests with one day - - 9/11. Other than that, his tenure as Mayor was pretty miserable.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:02 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:

Yeah they never blocked streets back in the 60's in Selma Al... Oh wait, they did. It's called civil disobedience.

People like Dr. Martin Luther King are the reason that the civil rights movement triumphed, not the extremists. The extremists are what killed all the movements that came out of the 60s. Comparing someone in 2016 to Bull Connor is a exactly the type of rhetoric that led to the tragedy in Dallas.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:07 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Tell that to Milo Yiannopoulos or the multiple events they've crashed and forcefully hijacked, poor Bernie just stood there like an idiot.

BLM is a breeding ground for extremism, we've seen the result of their rhetoric and our pantywaist leaders enabling of them, how many more people have to die? Most of these people don't actually care about the black community, it's only to sow the seeds of racial division to meet their own ideological ends. These people want mob justice, they want blood, they give no practical solutions and are only a vehicle for rage.

Wow, you are being very condescending right now. And also pretty racist to assume that most people who associate with BLM don't really care about their own stated cause, no it's all about furthering racial divisions. This is what happens when you live in a right wing echo chamber.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:09 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:

People like Dr. Martin Luther King are the reason that the civil rights movement triumphed, not the extremists. The extremists are what killed all the movements that came out of the 60s. Comparing someone in 2016 to Bull Connor is a exactly the type of rhetoric that led to the tragedy in Dallas.

Go back and read some more. MLK was part of the protests I'm referring to and it was largely his tactics that they were following.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:10 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The crowd was largely mixed, as a matter of fact, with the whites admittedly being the majority, but with a great many blacks and Latinos. And so what if there were a lot of whites? Whites can't feel empathy for blacks and others? And who says that an all black crowd would have rioted? Blacks aren't the only people who have to deal with the police, but they and Latinos are the only ones who are genuinely afraid of the police, considering how it's just assumed black people are criminally inclined.
And yes, to say All Lives Matter is racist, because the people who are trumpeting that slogan have shown little concern for black people and their relationship with the police before this. To slam Black Lives Matter is to diminish the reality of that fear and history experienced by blacks.
And as far as Giuliani is concerned: he was very much part of the problem. As Mayor of New York, he had exacerbated racial tensions. His one claim to fame as Mayor rests with one day - - 9/11. Other than that, his tenure as Mayor was pretty miserable.

Giuliani saved black lives, New York City was a hellhole before he became mayor and cleaned it up. Giuliani is known for much more than his leadership thru 9/11.

I am slamming the BLM group, I think they are divisive and hurt their cause. If you want to keep saying All Live Matter is racist then be my guest because most of America is not going to buy that and be deeply offended by it, just rage and no practical solutions does not make a legitimate civil rights organization. I've said this many times but I actually grew up in a black city and went to black schools and have dealt with these very same police, I 100% understand the issue but this is not the vehicle to helps or heals the community but rather one that destroys it.

I'll leave it to the girlfriend of Philando Castile to explain

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:13 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:

Go back and read some more. MLK was part of the protests I'm referring to and it was largely his tactics that they were following.

Comparing what is going now to Selma is totally irresponsible and wrong, the self-importance shown by these people is astounding but as much can be expected by the selfie taking facebook generation. This is making relations with the police worse, it making everything worse. How can't you see how this isn't helping?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:15 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Wow, you are being very condescending right now. And also pretty racist to assume that most people who associate with BLM don't really care about their own stated cause, no it's all about furthering racial divisions. This is what happens when you live in a right wing echo chamber.

dude like I've said many times; I am from a black city, went to black schools, and dealt with these same police so I am 100% sympathetic and want justice for those killed but these tactics are not the way to do it. So call me racist if you want but I've actually lived it.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:35 pm

Do you honestly believe that everyone who protested in the sixties followed MLK's example? You can't be that naive. There were plenty of riots and violence I the sixties as well. The thing is the vast majority of those protesting do it non violently. And for you do say anything else is just buying into the smear campaign. Also if you were 100% sympathetic you wouldn't be spouting all this right wing crap.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:57 pm

Jacoby wrote:

Thanks J. Edgar Hoover.