Page 7 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jul 2016, 5:00 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby,

You're being incredibly insulting. For you to keep trying to paint a negative picture of a peaceful movement by focusing on the outliers. Especially trying to link the shooter with BLM. They may have been mad at the same thing but the shooter was not affiliated with them. The amount of willful ignorance you display on these forums is astounding.

I don't do anything or make any bigger assumptions that hasn't been done tenfold to my side, if you dislike that then perhaps your side shouldn't of escalated political discourse to such a degree. I see a violent leaderless directionless protest movement that is doing more harm than good for their cause. These people aren't the flower children, they're not being led by Ghandi or MLK, there isn't anything peaceful about their rhetoric.

You see everything through a red lens so it's no surprise that you see things that way. If you would extricate yourself from the bubble you'll understand. Until then you'll have The Donald leading you around by the nose. Maybe if you stepped away from those right wing sites for a while you might stop being wrong as much. You've made so many factually incorrect posts here that I'm sure you're used to it by now though.

What "right wing" sites do you think I visit? I'm really curious since I probably read more from left wing sources than anywhere else. I see everything thru a "red lens" even tho I'm not a Republican and hate the leadership of the party. What is factually incorrect about what I said? I'm an astute person, I pay attention and am not led by the nose by anyone which I cannot say for the people believe what they see on cable news and social media which has glorified and promoted BLM, they've given legitimacy to their false narratives. Do you think BLM is helping their cause? Do you think they're winning the hearts and minds? I don't think that was ever the intention.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh, Jacoby :roll:

Care to add anything to any discussion?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
...we all want accountability but mob justice is not justice

I agree. Which is why the movement is non-violent.

Why do you say it's non-violent? Because they say they are? The rhetoric certainly has not been non-violent, there has been incidences of violence against police and at these protests all around the country. They've arrested hundreds of people, they've injured police at these protests with fireworks and rocks. What are they protesting, against the due process of these officers in these specific incidences? They've already made their minds up about the guilt of these people. Agitators are looking to spark confrontations just like they did in Ferguson. Do we need a city to burned? Do we need more officers to die?

The incidents of violence are minor, the kind of thing you might expect when tensions are high, (no different to a typical Trump rally) but (unless you listen to Fox News) no rioting, burning, looting, etc.

They are protesting the situation. The country has to respond to their concerns. How, exactly, I don't know, maybe listen to their leaders?

What leaders?

And find me one Trump rally were a cop or anybody was murder or pelted with rocks or anybody was even injured. Perhaps they're similar to the protests outside Trump rallies but I don't think you want to go for that narrative.

Do we need a city to be burned? Is that what it's going to take?

No injuries or violence at Trump rallies?!?!?! Those protestors who got punched and shoved, and threatened certainly would disagree.

Far more Trump supporters have been attacked by protesters than there other way around, you know that is a fact. You have like 2 or 3 incidences whereas the other side hear literally has had multiple riots and have attacked people.

I saw only one news report where that sort of thing happened.

Riots in New Mexico, riots in Chicago, riots in San Jose, riots in Anaheim,

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:07 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
AspE wrote:
gingerpickles wrote:
AspE wrote:

They are protesting the situation. The country has to respond to their concerns. How, exactly, I don't know, maybe listen to their leaders?

Arrest them more likely the best thing to do with these leaders. Someon can do time to say "kill jews" but not "kill whites" ? "kill cops" ?
What all the help , lobbies, ACORN and s**t has them get Obummer elected but they can't use their vote to concentrate on local politics? Their representatives?

I'm not buying it

Who says to kill cops?

They're trying to link that one crazy shooter in Dallas to all of BLM. It's as stupid as it is insulting. I would hope these people know better but alas it appears many do not.

You're acting like that is the only incidence of violence, that guy was extremist and outlier but he wasn't the only one nor does that mean that the rhetoric used by BLM is in any way peaceful.

No, but overall it's a very peaceful movement. And yes, asking police to stop killing unarmed black people sounds like peaceful rhetoric to me.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby,

You're being incredibly insulting. For you to keep trying to paint a negative picture of a peaceful movement by focusing on the outliers. Especially trying to link the shooter with BLM. They may have been mad at the same thing but the shooter was not affiliated with them. The amount of willful ignorance you display on these forums is astounding.

I don't do anything or make any bigger assumptions that hasn't been done tenfold to my side, if you dislike that then perhaps your side shouldn't of escalated political discourse to such a degree. I see a violent leaderless directionless protest movement that is doing more harm than good for their cause. These people aren't the flower children, they're not being led by Ghandi or MLK, there isn't anything peaceful about their rhetoric.

You see everything through a red lens so it's no surprise that you see things that way. If you would extricate yourself from the bubble you'll understand. Until then you'll have The Donald leading you around by the nose. Maybe if you stepped away from those right wing sites for a while you might stop being wrong as much. You've made so many factually incorrect posts here that I'm sure you're used to it by now though.

What "right wing" sites do you think I visit? I'm really curious since I probably read more from left wing sources than anywhere else. I see everything thru a "red lens" even tho I'm not a Republican and hate the leadership of the party. What is factually incorrect about what I said? I'm an astute person, I pay attention and am not led by the nose by anyone which I cannot say for the people believe what they see on cable news and social media which has glorified and promoted BLM, they've given legitimacy to their false narratives. Do you think BLM is helping their cause? Do you think they're winning the hearts and minds? I don't think that was ever the intention.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh, Jacoby :roll:

Care to add anything to any discussion?

I have already. It's just that you're getting too ridiculous to take seriously.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:17 pm

If you have nothing to add then don't respond to me, I have no interests in trading insults because I hurt your feelings about something that doesn't involve you. You won't acknowledge this violent rhetoric or the multiple incidences, you won't acknowledge that BLM is an inherently confrontational and divisive group, do you really think they're helping their cause?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:20 pm

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2016, 5:22 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
No, but overall it's a very peaceful movement.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/protesters-force ... n/30728528

Blocking major roads is not peaceful, it's a violation of others' right to travel. If this continues it's only a matter of time until someone dies because their ambulance was held up. Protest in the town square or city park all you like, but don't block the freeway.

And if I'm trying to get my injured child to the hospital, and somebody with a sign decides to step in front of my vehicle? Three guesses as to my hierarchy of values at that point.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:24 pm

Jacoby wrote:
If you have nothing to add then don't respond to me, I have no interests in trading insults because I hurt your feelings about something that doesn't involve you. You won't acknowledge this violent rhetoric or the multiple incidences, you won't acknowledge that BLM is an inherently confrontational and divisive group, do you really think they're helping their cause?

No I won't acknowledge that because it's not true. And I think you know that but are being purposefully obtuse. And do you think any movement has achieved progress in as short of a time as BLM has been in existence. It's like if they don't fix the problem immediately than they must not be doing any good. Do you think civil rights happened in just a couple of years?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:24 pm

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:31 pm

Jacoby,

What's your point? I can find plenty of examples of trump supporters acting despicably, it still won't be an accurate representation. It's called sample bias.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:31 pm

luan78zao wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:

Blocking major roads is not peaceful, it's a violation of others' right to travel. If this continues it's only a matter of time until someone dies because their ambulance was held up. Protest in the town square or city park all you like, but don't block the freeway.

And if I'm trying to get my injured child to the hospital, and somebody with a sign decides to step in front of my vehicle? Three guesses as to my hierarchy of values at that point.

Black people are dying at the hands of the police. Blocking a street is really the least we can do to make people pay attention. Otherwise they can safely ignore you.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:40 pm

Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby,

What's your point? I can find plenty of examples of trump supporters acting despicably, it still won't be an accurate representation. It's called sample bias.

find me any organized chant like that, it's not happening

find me anything that makes the suggestion of violence

there has been violent rhetoric at these protests, undoubtedly

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:40 pm

AspE wrote:
luan78zao wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:

Black people are dying at the hands of the police. Blocking a street is really the least we can do to make people pay attention. Otherwise they can safely ignore you.

The least you can do... What more can you do?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:42 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby,

Tea Partiers called for a revolution and brought guns everywhere. What was more violent than the Revolutionary War? Oh yeah, they were white so it doesn't count.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:45 pm

AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Lukeda420 wrote:
Jacoby,

Tea Partiers called for a revolution and brought guns everywhere. What was more violent than the Revolutionary War? Oh yeah, they were white so it doesn't count.

What violence was perpetrated by the Tea Party? How many of their protests turned violent? I certainly remember Democrats freaking out about the rhetoric back then which doesn't even compare to now, why the double standard?

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2016, 6:26 pm

AspE wrote:
Blocking a street is really the least we can do to make people pay attention. Otherwise they can safely ignore you.

If causing the deaths of some random innocent people is really the least you can do, what's really the most you can do?

What's the goal here? And how are your actions going to bring about that goal?

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand