Page 5 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 10:59 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I talked to my friend who supports BLM. He says people like that^ black NYC cop have been brainwashed by "the system" and black people are NOT responsible for their crimes, uneducation, unemployment, incarceration, and failures as fathers. It's "the system" because "the system" is racist.

Whatever, dude.

I'd be careful of that one.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 11:50 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I talked to my friend who supports BLM. He says people like that^ black NYC cop have been brainwashed by "the system" and black people are NOT responsible for their crimes, uneducation, unemployment, incarceration, and failures as fathers. It's "the system" because "the system" is racist.

Whatever, dude.

Locally, back in 2010, a black judge told all the white people to leave the courtroom.

He says most people he sees that commit crime are black.

So, he says, he wanted tell these blacks, "What in the world are you doing with your lives ...".

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 12:02 pm

redrobin62 wrote:

Whatever, dude.

Your friend needs to #getwoke

There Are Four Lights!

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 12:21 pm

You know what I fear? BLM people, or sympathizers to BLM movement, will do something stupid like kill people who speak up against BLM like Richard Sherman from the Seahawks or Ray Lewis from the Ravens.

And black football players will rant against BLM because a lot of those players came from bad neighborhoods, but with hard work and staying in school, they made it to the NFL.

That sure is a lot of brainwashed football players.

Black Lives Matter is a DANGEROUS movement and must be stopped.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 12:48 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
You know what I fear? BLM people, or sympathizers to BLM movement, will do something stupid like kill people who speak up against BLM like Richard Sherman from the Seahawks or Ray Lewis from the Ravens.

And black football players will rant against BLM because a lot of those players came from bad neighborhoods, but with hard work and staying in school, they made it to the NFL.

Yeah, justice and accountability are soooo dangerous.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jul 2016, 1:16 pm

AspE wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

Yeah, justice and accountability are soooo dangerous.

we all want accountability but mob justice is not justice

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 1:25 pm

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 1:53 pm

redrobin62 wrote:

But as I've said over and over again, the only time Black Lives Matter gets press is when people in their ranks act like a$$holes, but there is virtually no coverage of the peaceable demonstrations. If it bleeds, it leads.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:08 pm

Jacoby wrote:
...we all want accountability but mob justice is not justice

I agree. Which is why the movement is non-violent.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:10 pm

Darmok wrote:

A black president really brings out the racism in America apparently. Maybe Obama could be less black? For the good of the nation?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm

AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Why do you say it's non-violent? Because they say they are? The rhetoric certainly has not been non-violent, there has been incidences of violence against police and at these protests all around the country. They've arrested hundreds of people, they've injured police at these protests with fireworks and rocks. What are they protesting, against the due process of these officers in these specific incidences? They've already made their minds up about the guilt of these people. Agitators are looking to spark confrontations just like they did in Ferguson. Do we need a city to burned? Do we need more officers to die?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Why do you say it's non-violent? Because they say they are? The rhetoric certainly has not been non-violent, there has been incidences of violence against police and at these protests all around the country. They've arrested hundreds of people, they've injured police at these protests with fireworks and rocks. What are they protesting, against the due process of these officers in these specific incidences? They've already made their minds up about the guilt of these people. Agitators are looking to spark confrontations just like they did in Ferguson. Do we need a city to burned? Do we need more officers to die?

And the long history of police violence and harassment in Ferguson had nothing to do with the African American protests there. :roll:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:51 pm

We have anarchists in this country that are "professional protesters" of sorts, they want to force confrontation for their own ideological ends. They are indistinguishable from these protesters and they're glorified by the media, shutting down interstates is forcing confrontation which is the initiation of violence, the rhetoric has not been non-violent, throwing rocks/moltov cocktails/firecrackers/fireworks at police is not non-violent. You can scream that there are only a few that are doing this but that logic why are they protesting to begin with when the 99% of police aren't the problem? The police have to answer for them and so should these protesters but they're not. They're not disavowing the violence, they are not pushing the agitators and hatemongers out of their movement, there is no practical solutions or dialogue happening here at all. What do you think they are saying to the police that are there at these protests to protect them? It's just hate and it's not helping anything but to drive us further apart.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:56 pm

Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

The incidents of violence are minor, the kind of thing you might expect when tensions are high, (no different to a typical Trump rally) but (unless you listen to Fox News) no rioting, burning, looting, etc.

They are protesting the situation. The country has to respond to their concerns. How, exactly, I don't know, maybe listen to their leaders?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 3:48 pm

AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
AspE wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

The incidents of violence are minor, the kind of thing you might expect when tensions are high, (no different to a typical Trump rally) but (unless you listen to Fox News) no rioting, burning, looting, etc.

They are protesting the situation. The country has to respond to their concerns. How, exactly, I don't know, maybe listen to their leaders?

What leaders?

And find me one Trump rally were a cop or anybody was murder or pelted with rocks or anybody was even injured. Perhaps they're similar to the protests outside Trump rallies but I don't think you want to go for that narrative.

Do we need a city to be burned? Is that what it's going to take?

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 3:54 pm

Jacoby,

You're being incredibly insulting. For you to keep trying to paint a negative picture of a peaceful movement by focusing on the outliers. Especially trying to link the shooter with BLM. They may have been mad at the same thing but the shooter was not affiliated with them. The amount of willful ignorance you display on these forums is astounding.