Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 10:43 am

Oh this is why people were so annoyed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:08 am

It's a Semitic alliance against the "Aryans" (Persians and Turks) in specific :P.

If you've been following the news, both these nations were behaving very imperialistically in the region very recently.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:11 am

I haven't really followed it too much I just remember a group of friends who were really mad at the Israelis when that airplane thing happened, not entirely sure why. They went off on some tangent about it. I'll have to look into it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:15 am

This alliance makes sense for the Gulf countries.

(The above infographic is missing the recent Turkish presence in Libya)

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 7:04 am

I know that all this is all strategic but I am still very emotional about it.I have lived in a war zone my whole life. the people of UAE and Bahrein have been so openly sincere and welcoming, it gives me hope for the future.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 1:29 pm

Do Israelis believe this will lead towards a settlement of the Palestinian situation?

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 2:24 pm

Israelis are too deeply immersed in an economic crisis and the out of control Corona pandemic to be interested.
This agreement serves Natenyahu's and Trump's political agenda to avert attention from their failings to deal with Corona and wanting a Nobel prize.
I feel that if the Gulf states stop feeding money into the corrupt Palestinian regime, which is only sustained if a state of conflict is endemic, then the Palestinians will have an opportunity for a just and well deserved solution. Hamas, Hizbollah and the PA have a vested interest in sustaining a state of conflict. That's how they get rich on money that was donated for decades by the Gulf states to improve the quality of life. The Gulf states have poured billions and billions into Gaza and the PA and the money is pocketed by the terrorist leaders and the people remain in terrible poverty and oppression inflicted by their own corrupt leaders. The Gulf states know very well that the money is not used to help the Palestinian people. This may be a game changer hopefully. The Palestinian people want nothing more than to live in peace and prosper, they certainly deserve it.
Contrary to popular opinion, Israel has always wanted a peaceful solution. I am answering Kraftie, I will not get into a discussion here, I am out of this thread and running for my life before dear John Powell picks up my scent wherever he is, :D peace, shalom, salaam alekum, phew made it safely back to the Haven :wink:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 6:11 pm

The Palestinians have been "othered". Anti Iran is the highest priority, the Palestinians the lowest. Basically all these countries have thrown up their hands and given up even pretending to try and deal with them.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman