Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 6:02 pm

PrivatePyle99 wrote:
Maybe it's just because I've recently found out about this whole I have autism thing and I've been doing a lot of reading on it, but I'm starting to understand the arguments made in these racial/political divides. Or at least I think I do in a new way, god only knows if I've actually got a clue what I'm talking about.

It seems like every argument made is an emotional argument. No one ever wants to talk about applicable facts and research. I love political debate, and I've been told I'm pretty good at doing it politely and with respect, even with people I completely disagree with. I'm more interested in learning than being right. But it seems like the whole point of most peoples political debate is to help them vent their emotions, not to actually discuss what it is they claim they want to discuss. And it's not just one side. I can't tell you how many times I've agreed with what a person was saying and hated the way they were saying it.

It seems to me these emotional arguments have gotten out of control. Hero's are dying because we can't get through the emotions to the actual solutions to our problems.

Your argument is also emotional. Keep in mind that emotional ≠ irrational. Any motivation we have beyond the most basic urges is based on emotion.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 10:37 pm

Dillogic wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
He makes a very good point.

I'm sure crackers have it coming for being the dominant oppressor in the US that also enslaved his ancestors, and made the racist and bullying systems that they are today, and no amount of white guilt marches and liberal arts majors can change that fact.

You can try and justify murder as much as you want, but it's still murder.

By that same logic the murders of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile should be equal to the murders of the cops. But thats not the way it works. Murdering a cop = instant death penalty. A cop murdering a black person = an all expense paid vacation at tax payers expense. Even if there is any real justice administered through a court of law, the black life will get a fraction of the justice that the "blue" life gets. So murder is justified all the time by cops.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 11:09 pm

on the subject of justice, if i didn't believe in impartial karma, they woulda had to put me in a padded room long ago, i could not have tolerated all the injustice in this lifetime, while maintaining what passes for my sanity. i get some comfort knowing that these misbehaving oinkers [along with the other porcine types who unconditionally support such misbehavior] will answer to somebody sometime, they will get away with it [or even be rewarded for it] this lifetime only, and when their comeuppance finally arrives, it will catch them by surprise. justice often is a dish best served cold.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 12:21 am

0regonGuy wrote:
By that same logic the murders of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile should be equal to the murders of the cops.

The difference being you don't know that they're murders, and assuming they are before the facts are known is showing bias. If they're shown to be murder by objective standards (murder has a legal definition), and they aren't punished, then yeah, killing the officers responsible could be justified vigilantism.

Whereas gunning down police not involved in the events is outright murder by any standard.