Total votes : 26

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 3:26 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18472845/

Prosecutors suggest 45 days in jail for Paris
Violation of probation for reckless driving draws sentence recommendation

LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton’s life in the fast lane could slow down significantly.

The hotel heiress faces a hearing Friday for allegedly violating the terms of her probation for an alcohol-related reckless driving conviction. Prosecutors have asked that she be jailed for 45 days.

Prosecutors also want Hilton to stay away from alcohol for 90 days, wear a monitoring device that will chart whether she complies, and they seek to have her license suspended for an additional four months.

City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo said Hilton is being treated the same as anyone else.

“Anyone who would have conducted themselves in a way that resulted in this set of facts, we would have made the same recommendation of 45 days in county jail, regardless of whether they were a celebrity or not,” he said Thursday.

Hilton could face up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Hilton, 26, pleaded no contest in January to reckless driving stemming from a Sept. 7 arrest in Hollywood. Police said she appeared intoxicated and failed a field sobriety test. She had a blood-alcohol level of .08 percent, the level at which an adult driver is in violation of the law.

She was sentenced to 36 months probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

Two other traffic stops and failure to enroll in a mandated alcohol education program, are what landed the socialite back in court.

On Jan. 15, Hilton was pulled over by California Highway Patrol. Officers informed her that she was driving on a suspended license and she signed a document acknowledging that she was not to drive, according to papers filed in Superior Court.

Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies stopped Hilton on Feb. 27 and charged her with violating her probation. Police said she was pulled over at about 11 p.m. after authorities saw the car speeding with its headlights off.

Hilton’s spokesman, Elliot Mintz, said at the time Hilton wasn’t aware her license was suspended. A copy of the document Hilton signed on Jan. 15 was found in the car’s glove compartment, court papers say.

Mintz had no comment Thursday.

Hilton was also required to enroll in an alcohol education program by Feb. 12. As of April 17, she had not enrolled, prosecutors said.

Hilton, heiress to the Hilton Hotel fortune, first gained notoriety for her hard partying as a teen. She attracted worldwide attention when a sex tape she made with a boyfriend was released on the Internet.

She stars in the reality-TV series, “The Simple Life,” now in its fifth season, with Nicole Richie. She appeared in the 2005 film, “House of Wax” and recently finished filming “The Hottie and the Nottie.” She also is a handbag designer and has a namesake perfume.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 3:27 pm

I hope they throw her in jail. She's no better than anyone else, and driving drunk is a serious crime.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 3:29 pm

Actually, most people would probably spend a year in jail.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 4:15 pm

Hmm, she should be put away for longer... YUM PIZZA

CrimsonEdge
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:03 pm

Where's the pizza?

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:15 pm

DIG IN

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:16 pm

GAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!! !! KEEP 'EM AWAY!! !

manalitwist
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:17 pm

She should be put in the stocks naked and pelted on her tits with rotten tomatos for inducing Brytney to reveal her p****. Not that im complaining :P

ps of course she would enjoy it :D

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:18 pm

manalitwist wrote:
She should be put in the stocks naked and pelted on her tits with rotten tomatos for inducing Brytney to reveal her p****. Not that im complaining :P

Ugh, that was something I just didn't need to see.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:24 pm

manalitwist wrote:

ps of course she would enjoy it :D

Thanks for that unwanted mental image, manila. :?

Now hurry up and eat your pizza before the squirrels get it. :P

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 7:42 pm

Yes. She's weaseled her way out of it too many times.

The lesbian rape should make her think twice about committing crimes again. She thinks she is so special, the spoiled brat.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 8:05 pm

I can't believe some girls look up to her. At least she can model responsibility for wrongdoing now. :roll:

She's gonna have a rough time unless she winds up in solitary.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 8:20 pm

She needs a bit of time in the big house....

I mean, seriously, has she got any of her higher brain, as in higher than the thalamus?

On sabbatical...

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 10:11 pm

She should get a year in prison for drunk driving, and another year in prison for being Paris Hilton.

TheResistance
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2007, 11:03 pm

Even if she does go to Prison, it will be like one of those Martha stewart types of prisons it wouldn't be a real one. I just thought I should post this picture it just reminded me of pizza for some reason :? Image

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:55 pm

I mean, seriously, what is she good for? She's another Anna Nicole Smith. She's like a mannequin, all good looks and nothing else....

You wanna know my predictions about her demise, probably within the next decade?

*STD-related illness

*Drunk driving (probably will wrap her car around a tree)

*Some other drug-related death

*Raped and shot by an obsessed stalker

*Torn apart by irate film reviewers when she next stars in a movie (mah personahl fehvrit :twisted: )

Any bookmakers here on WP care to put odds on these happening? :twisted:

On sabbatical...