Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 3:12 pm

Obama plays his 300th round of golf as president. http://tiny.iavian.net/bnqj

And another freaking vacation on the taxpayers dollars. Trump sure has a lot to live up to. :roll:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 3:45 pm

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/ ... er-obama-/

Wait, isn't he supposed to be on their side?

Just more Leftist lies.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 6:38 pm

nurseangela wrote:

And another freaking vacation on the taxpayers dollars. Trump sure has a lot to live up to. :roll:

Every President has funds allocated by Congress to take vacations. Being President is very stressful. Prince Obama has aged at least ten years in the last 8. Look at pictures of him now and pictures of him back in 2008.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 6:41 pm

nurseangela wrote:

That is about 38 rounds of golf a year. I do not see that as excessive. If he did two hours of exercise each morning you would not consider that excessive, considering what the burdens of office are....

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 2:21 pm

George W. Bush took more than 3 times the number of vacation days than Obama. :P

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/08/presid ... vacations/

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 2:30 pm

To his ranch in Texas, dude. And not at the taxpayers expense.

Why is it that the Left only gives half of the story?

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 2:35 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Every President has funds allocated by Congress to take vacations. Being President is very stressful. Prince Obama has aged at least ten years in the last 8. Look at pictures of him now and pictures of him back in 2008.

Evidently, you need to read up on this a little more about the vacations that have been taken by the present Lord and Master.

Darn, I flunked.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 3:06 pm

nurseangela wrote:

stop generalizing the entire left...every time you disagree with something specific someone here says.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 3:32 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

stop generalizing the entire left...every time you disagree with something specific someone here says.

Why is it that most on the Left only give half of the story?

Darn, I flunked.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 4:01 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I'd need some kind of proof other than an internet post that you feel was missing some of the details, to be convinced that is a trend among most on the left anymore than it is among most on the right.

That aside there are many reasons a statement might only have half the story such as lack of all the facts, media spin/bais that twists things a certain way, misinformation...though there is also the possibility the other half of the story you find in some right wing propaganda isn't actually all true to same with a heavily biased left wing media source. bais exists on both sides, don't pretend it's only on 'the left' that's just stupid.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 4:27 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I'd need some kind of proof other than an internet post that you feel was missing some of the details, to be convinced that is a trend among most on the left anymore than it is among most on the right.

That aside there are many reasons a statement might only have half the story such as lack of all the facts, media spin/bais that twists things a certain way, misinformation...though there is also the possibility the other half of the story you find in some right wing propaganda isn't actually all true to same with a heavily biased left wing media source. bais exists on both sides, don't pretend it's only on 'the left' that's just stupid.

If you take a trip over to "nothing but the truth" thread, there is a double standard happening at this very moment. Most here on the Left twist the truth about their side or they hold the opposite side to much higher standards than their own candidate. It gets very old. A lot of them will just state something like it is a matter of fact without any backup. I always try to give some backup article to why I'm stating something.

Darn, I flunked.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 4:34 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

If you take a trip over to "nothing but the truth" thread, there is a double standard happening at this very moment. Most here on the Left twist the truth about their side or they hold the opposite side to much higher standards than their own candidate. It gets very old. A lot of them will just state something like it is a matter of fact without any backup. I always try to give some backup article to why I'm stating something.

But it seems like in your eyes anything that isn't an exact reflection of your beliefs in opinions is a twisted mis-truth from the left, so not so sure you're the best judge of who's twisting the truth. Also pretty much everyone of your back up articles is a heavily baised right wing media source with questionable accuracy. Also not everyone on the left sees Hillary as 'their canidate' due to having standards for what they want to support.

I notice when asked about opinions on trump and hillary I might start talking about what I don't like about trump...before I can even finish and continue with why I don't like hillary they're already down my throat about how much I must love Hillary and demanding to know why I think she's so great all because I did something other than praise trump. Its an assumption that is getting old...being on the left doesn't make you a Hillary supporter, and being on the right doesn't mean you have to support Trump.

Besides what standards are right wing trump supporters even holding trump to? apparently maturity, diplomacy, thinking before you speak to avoid diarrhea of the mouth, and basic decency in handling other people as well as thinking for yourself rather than just veheminately agreeing with anything and everything your canidate says without question are not things very important to many of his supporters it would seem.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 4:53 pm

"Also pretty much everyone of your back up articles is a heavily baised right wing media source with questionable accuracy."

This is because the media is Leftist - I've made several posts proving this. This is another double standard - why should it be OK for the Left to use their media like PBS and MSNBC which are clearly Democratic, but I'm not able to use my Rightwing news sources? I have actually used their news sources (Wall Street Journal, CNN) when it backs up my point. I don't see any on the Left catering to me by using Fox News, Drudge, etc. In fact, all they continue to do is call me a liar and a moron. Why should I even try to debate with people like that?

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 5:00 pm

"being on the left doesn't make you a Hillary supporter, and being on the right doesn't mean you have to support Trump."

Whoever you vote for, is who you support. If you will be voting for Hillary, then you support her. If I did not support Trump, then I would not be voting. So far, I'm still supporting him and will be voting for him. It's pretty straight forward.

I'll say this, if Trump was accused of half the things Hillary has been accused of, I would not be supporting him. I don't support a candidate just because they are Republican. I have voted Democratic a couple times.

Darn, I flunked.

Last edited by nurseangela on 09 Aug 2016, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2016, 5:03 pm

nurseangela wrote:
"Also pretty much everyone of your back up articles is a heavily baised right wing media source with questionable accuracy."

This is because the media is Leftist - I've made several posts proving this. This is another double standard - why should it be OK for the Left to use their media like PBS and MSNBC which are clearly Democratic, but I'm not able to use my Rightwing news sources? I have actually used their news sources (Wall Street Journal, CNN) when it backs up my point. I don't see any on the Left catering to me by using Fox News, Drudge, etc.

I tend to look for the most non-baised news I can find, stuff that just tells me facts without so much opinion of the author trying to convince me what to think. Regardless of if its left wing or right wing bais, it's going to interfere with the accuracy of the article and it's claims. That aside corporations control the media not the right or the left, its about money making not providing citizens with accurate or reliable news for the most part.