Will Hillary Step Aside for Health Reasons?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 5:04 pm

The New York Times: Hillary Clinton Is Being Treated for Pneumonia, Leaves 9/11 Ceremony Feeling ‘Overheated’

Apparently she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, but it wasn't disclosed. I don't buy it. I know she has a cough, but pneumonia is serious.

Trump is wisely silent as this is a solemn day.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 6:33 pm

Pneumonia is a temporary disease, and Hillary is on a round of antibiotics. She will probably recover.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm

beneficii wrote:
Pneumonia is a temporary disease, and Hillary is on a round of antibiotics. She will probably recover.

Pneumonia caught early is easily curable. It can be prevented with a vaccination now.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 7:55 pm

Pneumonia and antibiotics is a plausable explanation for the coughing spells and woozyness. But they this only came out after she was caught. She goes to her daughters residence. Bad idea with a 3 month old baby living there.
One more health incident in public and she will be hearing from the DNC about getting out.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 8:25 pm

I can see mycoplasma pneumonia being possible; "walking pneumonia". If she wasn't hydrated, was sweating from a fever, wearing a coat, and elderly, that'd cause a collapse. She'd also bounce back quickly after short rest and hydration. This would explain her looking ok a couple of hours later.

Normal bacterial? No. You don't go from ok to collapsing back to ok again in the space of several hours with that. That's bedridden for days on end until recovery.

-MD Dill (:P)

Mycoplasma isn't all that bad.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2016, 10:25 pm

I had had pneumonia, first while in my twenties, and a couple times after, and it kicked my a$$. I could see why she had almost collapsed by keeping up with her commitments, instead of taking it easy like she should have.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 1:19 am

beneficii wrote:

She's been ill for months, whatever it is it's long term!! !

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 1:25 am

AntDog wrote:
beneficii wrote:

She's been ill for months, whatever it is it's long term!! !

Her braininess is long term, too. Can't say so much for Trump.

arachnids
Raven
Raven

12 Sep 2016, 3:56 am

She has a long standing neurological problem. It's either cjd or the after effects of her brain clot. She doesn't look like she's going to last for much longer tbh. Antibiotics can only keep you going for so long. She's not healthy enough to cope with the demands of office.

If Trump wins, we're six months from nuclear Armageddon :?

On Sertraline 25mg

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 4:03 am

Well, this certainly adds an additional element to the presidential race...

This will likely result in increased focus on Clinton's running mate, Tim Kaine... Either because he will likely be the candidate for the Democrats if Clinton was to drop out... or (if this turns out to be a more serious health issue) because he would be president if Clinton is elected yet unable to serve her full term...

Interestingly, Tim Kaine might have an easier chance appealing to undecided voters than Clinton, giving his moderate stance on several policy issues and the fact that he doesn't have her low favorability ratings... He also has good foreign policy experience, which is currently in short supply among many of the more senior Democrats... As such, it probably wouldn't be easy for the disorganized Trump camp to launch an effective attack against Kaine...

But the inevitable uncertainty surrounding their presidential candidate just 2 months before the election will likely frustrate the Democrats immensely... After all, if Clinton doesn't run, then they also need to have a new running mate ready...

... Joe Biden would likely be the most obvious choice given the short time frame, but his age could be a factor...
...The Progressives would cheer for Elisabeth Warren, but the political differences between her and Kaine are even larger than between her and Clinton... And she is a senator in a state with a GOP governor...
... Julian Castro is popular with Hispanic voters, but he has little political experience
... Tom Vilsack can appeal to Trump's demographic, but then one would have an election with two middle-aged white men running against two middle-aged white men... hmm... (also applies to Biden, but he is at least a current VP)

... Amy Klobuchar or Tom Perez, perhaps?

... Anyway, I digress... We have yet to see the reaction from voters to this development, so the above is mostly speculation at this time...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Sep 2016, 4:08 am

Contagious pneumonia and she is out in public and taking pictures with kids? First it was allergies, then it was overheating, now it's pneumonia, all very dubious. Isn't it odd how unconcerned and rehearsed the Secret Service was at her passing out on her exit?

At this point it's almost too late to drop out, I don't think it would necessarily go straight to Tim Kaine either who is hardly popular because if Hillary drop's out it's because her handlers pulled the plug and want a candidate who can win. I think preferably they'd want Joe Biden, Bernie obviously would energize some people but the old guard won't allow that altho both of these guys are actually older than Hillary altho better health.

Meanwhile here is Bernie running to catch a train

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 5:08 am

CBC News: Hillary Clinton has pneumonia, cancels campaign stops through Tuesday

Quote:
She later called off plans to fly to California on Monday morning for two days of fundraising, campaign events and an appearance on Ellen DeGeneres's talk show.

The episode focused attention on the Democratic candidate's health with eight weeks remaining in a contentious election in which Republican Donald Trump has tried to sow doubt about her health and fitness to serve.

Bloomberg: Trump Plans to Keep Quiet on Clinton’s Health Issues At least at first, the Republican nominee and his surrogates will hold their fire on Clinton's medical troubles.

Quote:
Trump’s strategists believe Clinton's bad weekend is a defining moment in the campaign, two people with knowledge of the plans said.
Several strategists not affiliated with the campaign agreed that it’s best for Trump, who frequently causes controversy with his outspokenness, to stay quiet and not draw attention away from what has been a disastrous weekend for Clinton. There’s plenty of other attack fodder with her comments that half of Trump’s supporters being bigoted or sexist, and the video of Clinton appearing to collapse is shocking enough, they said.

The New Yorker: POLL: UNCONSCIOUS CLINTON MORE FIT TO BE PRESIDENT THAN CONSCIOUS TRUMP

Quote:
A spokesperson for the Clinton campaign hailed the findings. “We have every reason to believe that Hillary Clinton will be a fully conscious President,” the spokesperson said. “But even if she is not, she is still the far better choice.”

The same poll revealed that a broad majority of voters found an unconscious Donald Trump more fit to be President than a conscious one.

Finally, when asked about the Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson, a significant number of voters were undecided as to whether Johnson was conscious or unconscious.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2016, 6:12 am

In the end only one vote counts.

Trump don't look so good either. He looks like he's going to have a heart attack to me.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 10:15 am

arachnids wrote:
If Trump wins, we're six months from nuclear Armageddon :?

Nah

Trump is friendly with Russia. Russia is the only nuclear power that can paste another country, so they're the ones you want to be friends with.

Hillary is quite anti-Russia.

I don't know about Trump and China. I know he wants to bring manufacturing the cheap stuff you get from China back in the US. China isn't a bad nuclear threat, but they have enough to make it not worth a nuclear conflict unless absolutely necessary.

But, Hillary would be the candidate to worry about with actual Nuclear Armageddon for the US (how remote it is anyway), simply due to the anti-Russia stance. (Not that Russia or the US would be totally destroyed after a full exchange. They'd both come out of it breathing, if missing a couple of limbs.)

Something like a NK conflict would be equal for both. Which can bring in China on the side of NK, of course. But, I don't see China going all in simply because they have the most to lose in a nuclear conflict.

Russia is the one you need to worry about.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 10:21 am

Odd that nobody has commented maybe out of fear of bieng labled sexist or maybe because Trump is ugly that she has gained a large amount of weight in the last few years.

If she drops out the dems should put in Biden. Very experinced, but presents as anything but Wall Street, likable, and will get sympathy vote.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman