Will Hillary Step Aside for Health Reasons?

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 10:43 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Odd that nobody has commented maybe out of fear of bieng labled sexist or maybe because Trump is ugly that she has gained a large amount of weight in the last few years.

^From yesterday

From college:

She's put on some weight. I wouldn't say she is fat. She looks normal for her age.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2016, 11:09 am

She's not obese by any stretch. But she does have some extra weight like the majority of the rest of Americans. But she hasn't looked healthy to me for a long time, since her time in State at least.

Does she exercise?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 8:08 pm

I read somewhere that if a male politician has health problems, then people will praise him for his stick-to-itiveness, but if it's a female politician, then people will think she's sickly and problematic.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 8:11 pm

If Trump had had a spell like that he would be under scrutiny. I know there have been other incidents of embarrassing illnesses (I think GHW Bush threw up on the Japanese prime minister back when he was in office, but don't quote me on that.) I think the reason this is a big issue is because of the timing - right before the election.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Sep 2016, 8:22 pm

We're still talking about Nixon having a sweaty upper lip more than 50 years later, the image of an unconscious Hillary being dragged head first into a waiting van and how her campaign handled is a pretty dramatic moment in this campaign considering the health questions that were there from before but were dismissed as conspiracy theorists.

She clearly is not up for the job physically, how is she even going to handle these debates?

It would be pretty silly to try to scream sexism now when the Democrats have played this game for years questioning the health of John McCain as well as Bernie Sanders by Hillary supporters earlier in the campaign.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2016, 8:32 pm

Jacoby wrote:
She clearly is not up for the job physically, how is she even going to handle these debates?

I don't think the Democrats have a chance now unless they run Kaine and whoever... Biden, Sanders... Every time Hillary takes the stage there's going to be a anxiety surrounding her stamina. I think she's lost the public's confidence, especially with that remark about deplorables. She's talking about people she would be governing if she were to win.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 1:52 am

I think...Washing Post, posted an article saying they should check if she was poisoned, because you know, Putin.

:lol:

Clockwork.

2016 is when the entire US media establishment officially died. They're state run propaganda outlet-tier at this point.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 9:20 am

No. Just no.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2016, 9:26 am

Step aside? No. She could be terminally ill with cancer and would just try and power thru it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 9:41 am

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 9:42 am

People get sick. Why is everyone getting so hysterical over this? George Bush puked, David Petraeus passed out during a hearing. Kennedy suffered from numerous illnesses. Hell we had a wheelchair stricken man win the election 4 times.

Hillary (and much of her staff) gets sick with a temporary illness after campaigning everyday for months and now people are asking her to drop out? Come on that's ridiculous.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 9:50 am

it's not a temporary illness, it being some sort of bacterial and viral infection makes no sense for her a)to be out in public or b)be embracing 'random' children in a staged photo op. Pneumonia can be caused by other things such as Parkinson's disease and I imagine other neurological problems. These neurological problems were in fact the main defense she invoked in her FBI investigation as the reason for her gross negligence. There is a long history here, it's not like she just got sick this weekend.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2016, 12:09 pm

What really surprises me is how stupid she and her family and staff were about this. No common sense. Sounds like you don't tell Hillary what she doesn't want to know.

Up to now I certainly thought she had the presidency, by default, not any quality of her own.

Now I think it possible Trump will actually win. That would be a hoot. :roll:

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2016, 4:48 pm

I think if she had cancelled her appearance at that memorial service, those who hate her would have accused her of disrespecting the memory of those who were killed that day. Either way, she was screwed. Pneumonia is something that people can recover from, so it's not anything I'm worried about. Besides, if she were elected and unable to serve, her running mate would then become President. That's why nominees have a running mate, as the Vice President is who steps in when the President dies or is unable to serve. Even when a President undergoes something like a colonoscopy which requires anesthesia, the VP temporarily takes over until the President is able to resume the office.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 5:41 pm

I don't think people would have made too much of a fuss if she didn't show and it's actually pneumonia.

That's a severe illness that, while you recover from it, it's very disabling when active (with a high chance of death in the elderly and very young).

Seeing her collapse and being pretty much dragged headfirst into the van is worst for an image than what people would say if she didn't show IMO.

I can see how it'd be a sign of strength to show up being so sick, but, that's not what people will focus on. People are drawn to physical weakness for some reason or another, which is that almost lifeless Hillary being manhandled.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 6:00 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I don't think the Democrats have a chance now unless they run Kaine and whoever... Biden, Sanders... Every time Hillary takes the stage there's going to be a anxiety surrounding her stamina. I think she's lost the public's confidence, especially with that remark about deplorables. She's talking about people she would be governing if she were to win.

Deplorable Lives Matter?