Neo-Nazi gang sets up 'whites only' food bank in Glasgow

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

davidmcg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2016, 11:25 am

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... et-8866054

Disgusting people!! !

How in hell's name did they stage that in St Enoch Square (which is where that photo was clearly taken, at the corner of Argyle Street)? I doubt GCC went "sure, you can pitch up there and run a racist foodbank" and it's not like Glasgow city centre is short of police on a Saturday night.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 12:29 pm

They are under no obligation to set up a food bank at all, so they have every right to decide whom it gives food to. Maybe someone should make up for it by setting up a food bank only for non-whites.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 12:35 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
They are under no obligation to set up a food bank at all, so they have every right to decide whom it gives food to. Maybe someone should make up for it by setting up a food bank only for non-whites.

Probably best if everyone just ignores it...neo-nazis do like attention so best to withhold it.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 3:19 pm

Spiderpig wrote:

correct.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 6:38 am

Well I can knock Glasgow of my list of places I'll be visiting

Reading the article the Polish fascists need their heads examined after what their grandparents experienced at the hands of the Nazis?

davidmcg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Sep 2016, 6:45 am

I wouldn't knock off Glasgow as a place to visit. The majority of Glaswegians are fine and welcoming. Every city in the UK has its idiots that bring the place down and Glasgow is no exception. There are lots of decent restaurants, bars etc in Glasgow 'tae get pished in'

Also jump on a train and in 30 mins, you're in the Loch Lomond area...lovely countryside with nice pub gardens etc...

Don't knock it please :) it's my home town and I don't want to put the place down.

Stay away from Edinburgh...it's full of sassanachs and american tourists who say "dayum, this scatland place is awesome. When do we get to see William Wallace, chase the haggis and drink the 'whisky'" :)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 9:09 am

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

correct.

Seconded.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 9:27 am

Well here's a big pile of grey.

If you shut this down some people who need food aren't going to get it. If it means they do, isn't it better to just let it happen? If I was hungry, I wouldn't care where I was getting my food from. If there were no people needing food, this wouldn't be possible. So if Neo Nazis want to offer a hand of aid to people where one is needed, even if it comes with a fat *, should we allow it? Especially in Glasgow, the most miserable city in the UK. It has easily the lowest life expectancy. So much so there's a name for it, "The Glasgow Effect".

Oh I know what they're trying to do, and they'll probably gain some new members and sympathy doing it, but the simple fact is that if the powers that be were on top of things, they could not do this because there'd be no needy people to help, or said needy people would be already getting the help.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but when I measure some people who need food getting it over said people possibly going Nazi, I can't favor the latter as the more pressing problem. You shut it down when you're not providing adequate help to these people yourself, how does that make you look?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 10:15 am

How are you doing, my fellow Aryans?

davidmcg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Sep 2016, 10:26 am

Drake wrote:
Well here's a big pile of grey.

If you shut this down some people who need food aren't going to get it. If it means they do, isn't it better to just let it happen? If I was hungry, I wouldn't care where I was getting my food from. If there were no people needing food, this wouldn't be possible. So if Neo Nazis want to offer a hand of aid to people where one is needed, even if it comes with a fat *, should we allow it? Especially in Glasgow, the most miserable city in the UK. It has easily the lowest life expectancy. So much so there's a name for it, "The Glasgow Effect".

Oh I know what they're trying to do, and they'll probably gain some new members and sympathy doing it, but the simple fact is that if the powers that be were on top of things, they could not do this because there'd be no needy people to help, or said needy people would be already getting the help.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but when I measure some people who need food getting it over said people possibly going Nazi, I can't favor the latter as the more pressing problem. You shut it down when you're not providing adequate help to these people yourself, how does that make you look?

maybe a big pile of...something (sorry...couldn't resist) :) but if you seen this on the street and you actually saw them refusing food to a non-white person, wouldn't you think otherwise? I think it's easy to think about something and write about it on a forum but to actually see something like this in action I think would offend a lot of people.

It is truly a dilemma. I see where you're coming from, but I can't get passed the idea that this is wrong.

However, as a rule there's nothing to stop anyone, Nazi or not, from setting up a stall in a public place and handing out leaflets/giving out stuff/simply talking bollocks as a temporary fixture which doesn't require permission. The police can really only intervene where there is nuisance or public order concerns, or evidence of another crime.

And this is very wrong - 'Glasgow, the most miserable city in the UK'. Ever been to Coventry? Sheffield? Hull? Aberdeen? :) (just saying that cause I'm from Glasgow)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 3:59 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

Probably best if everyone just ignores it...neo-nazis do like attention so best to withhold it.

Agreed. As Nazis - neo or otherwise :lol: - could care less for the poor anyhow, they'll close up shop and go home as soon as they quit drawing attention.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 4:22 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

Agreed. As Nazis - neo or otherwise :lol: - could care less for the poor anyhow, they'll close up shop and go home as soon as they quit drawing attention.

Besides there are better things to focus on in Poland like Behemoth, who I think released one of the best damn albums last year.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 4:51 pm

They look like purgers!! !

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 5:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Besides there are better things to focus on in Poland like Behemoth, who I think released one of the best damn albums last year.

This thread isn't about Poland, it's about Scotland.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 6:31 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

correct.

Screw that, no one should lower themselves to that crap.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 6:33 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

This thread isn't about Poland, it's about Scotland.

Oh crap, lol nevermind than I took an earlier comment to meant his happened in Poland, but looking back I guess they were talking about something else in relation.