Donald trump accused of serial groping

Page 1 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 8:34 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... -touching/

Quote:
Three women accused Donald Trump of groping or kissing them without their consent in news reports published Wednesday, just days after the Republican presidential nominee insisted in a debate that he had never engaged in such behavior.

One of the women alleges that Trump grabbed her breasts and tried to put his hand up her skirt during a flight more than three decades ago, the New York Times reported. The other says he kissed her on the mouth outside an elevator in 2005, according to the same report. A third woman said Trump groped her rear end at his Mar-a-Lago resort 13 years ago, the Palm Beach Post reported.

Perhaps the words spoken on the bus are indicative of the character of the man, after all.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 11:47 pm

Where are all the "but Bengazi email servers hate in her heart Bill Clinton is worse and Hillary and Obama are literally demons from Hell that smell like sulphur" people now? Where are the Trump supporters to explain to us how we should be focusing on the important issues right now like how many millions of women don't have health insurance around the world?

:lol:

The Trump campaign is officially a dumpster fire.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

DelightDelirium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2016, 11:51 pm

Not many people know of the rape case in Nov either, accused of raping a 13 year old.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 12:28 am

8 adults have now come forward to various reporters. Some have friends who recall being told about it at the time. He's got the creepy overbearing attitude and ease with lying of a serial boundary violator.

Stick a fork in Trump, and possibly the GOP.

Ivanka is one. She doesn't exactly believe in spousal rape, though, if the divorce isn't final.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 12:58 am

all this is but the tip of the iceberg.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 1:03 am

I already knew such claims were going to suddenly start taking place after that tape was aired. It was inevitable.

DelightDelirium wrote:
Not many people know of the rape case in Nov either, accused of raping a 13 year old.

That makes me doubt its legitimacy, because otherwise everyone would know about it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 1:14 am

EzraS wrote:
I already knew such claims were going to suddenly start taking place after that tape was aired. It was inevitable.

DelightDelirium wrote:

That makes me doubt its legitimacy, because otherwise everyone would know about it.

not exactly a coincidence that his father at that time suddenly packed him away to a strict military school a ways away, to get him out of the picture until things cooled down back home.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 1:37 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:

DelightDelirium wrote:

not exactly a coincidence that his father at that time suddenly packed him away to a strict military school a ways away, to get him out of the picture until things cooled down back home.

What? When was this supposed to have taken place?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 2:18 am

auntblabby wrote:

I'm confused regarding timelines. The April 2016 $100 million law suit alleges it took place in 1994.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 2:26 am

Here is the latest statement from the Trump campaign in terms of the accusations. The commentary in italics is mine:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... statement3

TRUMP CAMPAIGN STATEMENT (just released)

“This entire article is fiction, and for the New York Times to launch a completely false, coordinated character assassination against Mr. Trump on a topic like this is dangerous. To reach back decades in an attempt to smear Mr. Trump trivializes sexual assault, and it sets a new low for where the media is willing to go in its efforts to determine this election.

The 1993 NZ taped interview with Donald Trump, referenced his comments to the effect that his history with women was incompatible with running for president. Time doesn't erase that admission from Trump's own mouth. As to trivialising sexual assault, the "locker room" tape is the most stunning example of trivialising sexual assault in political history.

"It is absurd to think that one of the most recognizable business leaders on the planet with a strong record of empowering women in his companies would do the things alleged in this story, and for this to only become public decades later in the final month of a campaign for president should say it all.

It is not absurd at all. The latest revelations are completely compatible with the statements made in the "locker room" tape. It is consistent with that. The implication that businessmen would not do those things is absurd. As for empowering women, this claim is incompatible with statements from various female employees of Trumps, some of them who worked for his model agency, in miserable and oppressive conditions. Other women have reported in appropriate behaviour from him in his business capacity - the beauty pageants were one of his businesses, and he was not empowering the women and girls he ogled there, sneaking up on them, in a perverted fashion consistent with a peeper. Claims of Trump's misbehaviours to women far predate "the final month of a campaign for president". This claim is an unconscionable attempt to reframe what he has done as politically motivated without any other substance.

"Further, the Times story buries the pro-Clinton financial and social media activity on behalf of Hillary Clinton’s candidacy, reinforcing that this truly is nothing more than a political attack. This is a sad day for the Times.” - Jason Miller, Senior Communications Advisor

Trump's promoters chose to ignore the fact that Trump himself destroyed his own email evidence in the past, so that it could not be used in a court case against him. These claims of sexual assault and perverted behaviour are about Trump's behaviour. No-one has accused Clinton of sexual assault and voyeurism involving underage naked girls. As before: Trump has been unmasked by his own words on different occasions. It is not "a sad day for the Times" and trying to spin it that way is a trite attempt to shift blame to the messenger. The Times would be culpable if it knew of sexual assault and voyeurism evidence against Trump and did not report it, but tried to suppress it. The story is in the public's interest. It is an important issue. But as always, the response is finger pointing from Trump. Once again, he points one finger at others, and three point back to himself.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 2:49 am

Trump should have resigned when he had the chance.

Now he is going to be a pariah for the rest of his life, just like bill cosby.

If he weren't so freaking arrogant, he would have realized running for president was a terrible idea. Of course we are going to dig up his dirt. The more he defends himself the worse he looks.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 2:59 am

The conventional political wisdom is "when in a hole, stop digging". Trump is doing the opposite, and sinking deeper.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 3:23 am

EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I'm confused regarding timelines. The April 2016 $100 million law suit alleges it took place in 1994.

this was an earlier case.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 4:20 am

DARVO is an acronym to describe a common strategy of abusers: Deny the abuse, then Attack the victim for attempting to make them accountable for their offense, thereby Reversing Victim and Offender. DARVO may also involve gaslighting and victim blaming.

I don't think the Trump campaign statement released by it today (which I posted earlier in the thread) will be the last word on the grope and perve scandals from Trump's campaign. More elements of DARVO in the near future is my guess at this stage.

One point that I would like to make at this stage: It is established that Trump did intentionally pay surprise visits to changing rooms and stand and stare at the surprised naked girls and women. I haven't yet seen that behaviour of his described as sexual abuse, however stalking voyeurism of that kind for the sexual gratification of the offender is one form of sexual abuse and is experienced as sexually abusive by victims. Trump treated those surpised women and girls as objects for his consumption, in a very manipulative and callous way, and I believe he counted on the power imbalance in the situation, the power he was exercising over contestants, to protect himself. He knew he wasn't any ordinary Joe in the street, he was a powerful businessman with more money and influence. It's those additional factors that make his behaviour even more exploitative and despicable.

Obviously though he did not possess the self control required to silence himself, and went on to brag about this opportunistic offending to Howard Stern as he did. His ego may be so large that it blinds him to the implications of his chauvinistic boasts.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 4:34 am

auntblabby wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

this was an earlier case.

Ah okay.