Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2016, 3:27 am

EzraS wrote:
Those of you living outside the USA, just remember that the POTUS is considered the leader of the Free World, not just the US. Not at all a comforting thought I'm sure.

Oh, you mean we're going to have to make do without Hillary starting World War III?
Well, that is a bit of a blow, but I guess we'll just have to endure.
I mean, now at least we have a chance to do so.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
The nightmare has become a reality. American's obviously preferred a narcissistic ,racist, serial abuser of women over a competent and intelligent woman. Doesn't say much for the character of the average American.

Some saying change was needed but Trump?! ! !, and that Sanders wouldn't have lost the blue States.
Who do the Democrats choose for 2020?

the democrats are FINISHED as a party, in the historical dustbin along with the whigs.

I'd advise the Democratic party to stick it out, because I have to think Trump won't stand a snowball's chance in hell four years from now, after he drives the country into the ground.

the Bernie supporters will bolt straightaway to form/join another party and the colored folk will not be sufficient to maintain it, so it will splinter and dissolve.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Nov 2016, 3:42 am

It just needs new life injected into it. Perhaps Hillary was just too old and part of the establishment - although a woman, not "exciting" or "new" enough to inspire more people into voting for her outside of the traditional base.

It might have been so different had Elizabeth Warren chose to run.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:45 am

Amaltheia wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Those of you living outside the USA, just remember that the POTUS is considered the leader of the Free World, not just the US. Not at all a comforting thought I'm sure.

Oh, you mean we're going to have to make do without Hillary starting World War III?

It's funny to me how Trump and Clinton have both been equally and consistently accused of someone who will start WWIII. Personally I don't think Trump, Clinton, Putin or any nation leader sees any advantage in the entire planet being annihilated in a nuclear war.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:45 am

^^^^I hope you're right but I have my doubts.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:54 am

EzraS wrote:
Sanders should have been the one chosen. There was just way too much controversy involved with Clinton.

Yeah, probably.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
The nightmare has become a reality. American's obviously preferred a narcissistic ,racist, serial abuser of women over a competent and intelligent woman. Doesn't say much for the character of the average American.

Some saying change was needed but Trump?! ! !, and that Sanders wouldn't have lost the blue States.

the democrats are FINISHED as a party, in the historical dustbin along with the whigs.

I'd advise the Democratic party to stick it out, because I have to think Trump won't stand a snowball's chance in hell four years from now, after he drives the country into the ground.

If he does totally f**k up impeachment is an option.

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2016, 3:58 am

EzraS wrote:
Amaltheia wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It's funny to me how Trump and Clinton have both been equally and consistently accused of someone who will start WWIII. Personally I don't think Trump, Clinton, Putin or any nation leader sees any advantage in the entire planet being annihilated in a nuclear war.

I don't see how any national leader could see any advantage in blowing up Iraq, Libya, and Syria, but one of the two parties you mention has supported or actively worked to bring about all three of those.

Sometimes, you have to look at the track record and acknowledge that there are all sorts of things that don't make any sense to you, but which other people are quite willing to do.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 3:58 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

and a possibility.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:08 am

Amaltheia wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Amaltheia wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I don't see how any national leader could see any advantage in blowing up Iraq, Libya, and Syria, but one of the two parties you mention has supported or actively worked to bring about all three of those.

Sometimes, you have to look at the track record and acknowledge that there are all sorts of things that don't make any sense to you, but which other people are quite willing to do.

What I mean is I don't see any leader starting a war that would insure the destruction of their own country which would include their own personal destruction along with their children and family. It's possible of course, but seems highly unlikely. I don't think WWIII will ever happen. And if it does, it will be over with in a matter of minutes and most of the planet will be obliterated.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:19 am

auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

and a possibility.

With an all Republican Congress, I doubt it. All of the concientous objector never Trump Republicans are planning thier groveling strategy as we speak. Those that survived that is. A few of them are thinking about polishing there resumes as they lost. All that do not follow Trump know that a well financed Trumpist primary opponent awaits them.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:21 am

EzraS wrote:
Amaltheia wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Amaltheia wrote:
EzraS wrote:

What I mean is I don't see any leader starting a war that would insure the destruction of their own country which would include their own personal destruction along with their children and family. It's possible of course, but seems highly unlikely. I don't think WWIII will ever happen. And if it does, it will be over with in a matter of minutes and most of the planet will be obliterated.

The highly unlikely is becoming reality on a regular basis lately.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:29 am

I think people have this all wrong.

I hate Trump, I think he is despicable. I thought his speech tonight was phony as hell and makes me really hate him. I doubt he will even prosecute anyone in the White House (drain the swamp). It's all just a game to him.

But I really think he won because Clinton seems to be a criminal herself. They are both criminals and that's why Trump won today. A combination of Republican loyalty to the party and disgust with Clinton. This may not be a popular opinion but I really think that nobody trusts Clinton (including myself and so losing this election is on her not the voters).

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 5:02 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The highly unlikely is becoming reality on a regular basis lately.

Like what? The Cubs winning the world series? A goofy hotel owner becoming president? omg.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 5:11 am

Nigel Farage in the UK and Donald Trump in the USA

The prophets of doom like Michael Moore and Julian Assange are the only ones who guess the results of this election

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 6:11 am

An American tragedy.

"The election of Donald Trump to the Presidency is nothing less than a tragedy for the American republic, a tragedy for the Constitution, and a triumph for the forces, at home and abroad, of nativism, authoritarianism, misogyny, and racism. Trump’s shocking victory, his ascension to the Presidency, is a sickening event in the history of the United States and liberal democracy. On January 20, 2017, we will bid farewell to the first African-American President—a man of integrity, dignity, and generous spirit—and witness the inauguration of a con who did little to spurn endorsement by forces of xenophobia and white supremacy. It is impossible to react to this moment with anything less than revulsion and profound anxiety.

There are, inevitably, miseries to come: an increasingly reactionary Supreme Court; an emboldened right-wing Congress; a President whose disdain for women and minorities, civil liberties and scientific fact, to say nothing of simple decency, has been repeatedly demonstrated. Trump is vulgarity unbounded, a knowledge-free national leader who will not only set markets tumbling but will strike fear into the hearts of the vulnerable, the weak, and, above all, the many varieties of Other whom he has so deeply insulted. The African-American Other. The Hispanic Other. The female Other. The Jewish and Muslim Other. The most hopeful way to look at this grievous event—and it’s a stretch—is that this election and the years to follow will be a test of the strength, or the fragility, of American institutions. It will be a test of our seriousness and resolve."

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk ... nald-trump