Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Nov 2016, 4:38 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Exuvian wrote:
I'm scared. :(

The United States survived worse (Nixon, Reagan, Bush(es), Clinton(s) and more). I believe it will survive this outcome just fine.

While I agree that our nation has survived bad presidencies in the past, I don't think you can truly say we've survived worse until we know what happens. It's possible that Trump could be the worst president we've ever had.

Either way, a bad presidency is harmful to our country (we are still negatively affected today by things that Reagan did long ago). And we're certainly still affected by the actions (both good and bad) of Bill Clinton and George W Bush.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
I don't think Trump saying he's going after ISIS makes him a warmonger. Bush bombing the crap out of Iraq who had little to nothing to do with 911 and had no so called weapons of mass destruction was needless pointless warmongering in my opinion. Now I live very close to the Canadian boarder, and as far as I know, we can't just drive in there any time we want without going through the boarder inspection. Far as I know, that's illegal and we'd get arrested for it. And Americans aren't pouring into Canada. Although that might change with now that Trump is our president haha.

I'm sure Trump is already planning out all the un-winnable wars he is going to get us into.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 4:48 pm

alex wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Exuvian wrote:
I'm scared. :(

The United States survived worse (Nixon, Reagan, Bush(es), Clinton(s) and more). I believe it will survive this outcome just fine.

While I agree that our nation has survived bad presidencies in the past, I don't think you can truly say we've survived worse until we know what happens. It's possible that Trump could be the worst president we've ever had.

Either way, a bad presidency is harmful to our country (we are still negatively affected today by things that Reagan did long ago). And we're certainly still affected by the actions (both good and bad) of Bill Clinton and George W Bush.

I agree. One of the worst things that will come out of this, will be another conservative supreme court justice, who will continue tearing up our constitutional rights. With everyone of these crappy presidents, the country dies a little bit more.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 5:00 pm

I can't take Trump seriously because he's now POTUS, but I'm also hoping Trump will be worse than "Dubya."

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2016, 5:29 pm

Trump is the new POtuS elect!! !
#MaGa3
#Makeamericagreatagain
#canadafortrump
#autisticsfortrump

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 6:02 pm

Korin wrote:
Trump is the new POtuS elect!! !
#MaGa3
#Makeamericagreatagain
#canadafortrump
#autisticsfortrump

:roll: #Makememesgreatagain!! !

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 9:42 pm

alex wrote:
She actually did win the popular vote, which is not too surprising.

She did indeed and that should have been good enough for a win. Although it was only by 1%. So hardly a landslide.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 10:22 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
I can't take Trump seriously because he's now POTUS, but I'm also hoping Trump will be worse than "Dubya."

Why would you hope that he is worse than Bush? :|

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 11:50 pm

I don't really understand this attitude. Some people had this attitude when Obama was elected as well. In what way does the United State benefit from having a bad president? I didn't vote for Trump, but now that he will be the president I hope that he will do great things and everything will be better than it has ever been. I just don't see how it would benefit me to have a failing president.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 12:53 am

Looking at the data - Trump didn't necessarily win, large numbers of lower middle class Americans in the so called "rust belt" states in the north east and mid-west who are traditional democrat voters chose not to cast their ballots because they have been disgruntled with the state of the economy and loss of jobs during the Obama years. According to the election pundits that's what killed Hillary's chances

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:00 am

I just wish he'd fire Mike Pence...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 2:28 am

wowiexist wrote:

I don't really understand this attitude. Some people had this attitude when Obama was elected as well. In what way does the United State benefit from having a bad president? I didn't vote for Trump, but now that he will be the president I hope that he will do great things and everything will be better than it has ever been. I just don't see how it would benefit me to have a failing president.

This attitude is pure hate. I want to be 100% wrong about him.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 7:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
Looking at the data - Trump didn't necessarily win, large numbers of lower middle class Americans in the so called "rust belt" states in the north east and mid-west who are traditional democrat voters chose not to cast their ballots because they have been disgruntled with the state of the economy and loss of jobs during the Obama years. According to the election pundits that's what killed Hillary's chances

As it turns out, presidents aren't elected based on how many non-voters might have voted for them.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 10:57 am

Trump won because people think they wanted a change and needed someone that hasnt been in politics.

But guess what? The same old idiots got elected to house and senate! Many of these people wont agree with Trump's policies- so watch as many things don't get done (again). I'm calling it now- he gets impeached and Pence gets in.. things get even worse. Pence is extremely anti-LGBT, did people not realize this? I know many people look past VPs generally because the odds of a VP taking over are usually low. But in this case- I think its high because Trump has many trials coming up and who knows what will turn up before he is sworn in. Also want to point out Trump's talk of "draining the swamp" with various term limits- I highly doubt that will go through. Republicans (like most politicans) are very stubborn and wont accept that type of change unless they somehow get a huge amount of money on their way out.

Trump the conman will line his pockets quite well in the next 4 years, while people likely suffer. He will be yet another liar that got elected due to false promises.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

10 Nov 2016, 11:11 am

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/11 ... oss-video/

And hillary cries. Thank god we don't have a crying emotional rollercoaster as a President. There are women crying about it everywhere.

After she lost, she couldn't even thank people for support, and showing up. Too buisy crying. Very unproffesional.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 12:34 pm

Not my president...