Anti-Trump Protests Erupt after Victory

Page 2 of 13 [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 11:18 pm

anagram wrote:
wow indeed....

people are weird. the guy won. if you're going to protest against something, then it should be against the system that led to it, not the guy himself. he didn't make the rules, he just used them, like everybody else

besides, he didn't get elected for the office of almighty god...

These things matter. People are expressing their disapproval of a vile excuse for a human being, and they are doing so in a way that shows those who share it "you are not alone", and shows those who have just "won" that they will not be allowed to rest on their laurels.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 11:19 pm

there's a difference between expressing disapproval and causing tension. besides, it's not like it's a secret that half of the population hates him. so there's just no point, other than causing trouble

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 11:24 pm

anagram wrote:
there's a difference between expressing disapproval and causing tension. besides, it's not like it's a secret that half of the population hates him. so there's just no point, other than causing trouble

Given how many of my LGBTQ, hispanic and black friends have been responding to news of these protests, I have to disagree with you there. It comforts them in a time of very real fear to see that people are willing to get off their couches and march to show their solidarity.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 11:25 pm

AJisHere wrote:
Given how many of my LGBTQ, hispanic and black friends have been responding to news of these protests, I have to disagree with you there. It comforts them in a time of very real fear to see that people are willing to get off their couches and march to show their solidarity.

then march "to show their solidarity". not "against trump" when he's already won

what's the message that matters? is it "this is reality, let's deal with it together" or is it "i don't accept reality, let's kill the bastard"? what are the likely outcomes of each option?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 11:43 pm

AJisHere wrote:
anagram wrote:
wow indeed....

people are weird. the guy won. if you're going to protest against something, then it should be against the system that led to it, not the guy himself. he didn't make the rules, he just used them, like everybody else

besides, he didn't get elected for the office of almighty god...

These things matter. People are expressing their disapproval of a vile excuse for a human being, and they are doing so in a way that shows those who share it "you are not alone", and shows those who have just "won" that they will not be allowed to rest on their laurels.

I'm resting on my laurels. I have no problem with them protesting, but if they trash stuff then lock them up.

Word is that Soros is paying for these protests - so again, he's using the lower class to do his bidding. Soros sure isn't going to jail for protesting and causing chaos.

Being Miss Conspiracy Theory, I think Soros is wanting Martial Law so Obama can keep his throne. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 11:50 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I fear you may be right. They are protesting right in front of Trump Tower in NYC. Reports of thousands.

The only violence at that protest was a protester who was beaten up by a Trump security guard and had his sign stollen.

Can you imagine what would have happened if Trump lost the election but but won the popular vote?

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 11:53 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I'm resting on my laurels.

You also didn't win, and you've been duped if you think you did.

Quote:
Word is that Soros is paying for these protests - so again, he's using the lower class to do his bidding. Soros sure isn't going to jail for protesting and causing chaos.

The Republicans and the Democrats have been using the lower class to do their bidding for a very long time. It is what they do. They are parties of the wealthy, for the wealthy and neither gives a single f**k about us. These protests are grassroots. They were organized by the people, not some capitalist that wingnuts like to scapegoat.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 12:16 am

This is kind of scary. It's worth keeping an eye on.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 12:52 am

Darmok wrote:
Hillary supporters burn flags in Portland
Cars set on fire in Oakland
"So who's the black person that's going to take one for the team and kill Trump?"
"We have two months to kill Trump"
"F*CK DONALD TRUMP!"
"Not my president!"
Traffic blocked in major highways near Chicago

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-0 ... dent-trump
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

You own this, Democrats. You've been priming it for more than a year. You own it.

Are you certain no trump supporters would have behaved this way had he lost? I don't agree with people acting like that but I'm not going to blame it on everyone who identifies as a democrat.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 12:57 am

i seriously doubt that at least a significant number of trump followers here and there (best case scenario) wouldn't be doing the same or worse if the situation had been the reverse

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:04 am

anagram wrote:
it should be against the system that led to it, not the guy himself. he didn't make the rules, he just used them, like everybody else

You are talking about voluntary voting. It's probably fortunate there isn't mandatory voting otherwise Homer Simpson would be voted president with Mickey mouse as his running mate...oh wait...

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
You are talking about voluntary voting. It's probably fortunate there isn't mandatory voting otherwise Homer Simpson would be voted president with Mickey mouse as his running mate...oh wait...

i'm not talking about any particular aspect of the system, actually. it's just that it doesn't make sense to "protest against the result of the election". it's absurd. unless you're protesting against alleged fraud, which is not the case

mandatory voting actually is a thing (in my country, specifically). it's not what you would imagine though. and typically about 20% of the people don't show up anyway. personally i think it's not inherently better or worse. it depends on a lot of things, which also change with time

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:49 am

anagram wrote:
it's just that it doesn't make sense to "protest against the result of the election". it's absurd. unless you're protesting against alleged fraud, which is not the case

Nobody is protesting against the result of the election, not truly. They are protesting against the circumstances that allowed that result, and the meaning of that result.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:52 am

it still makes no sense to protest against something that has already happened and can't be reversed, if you're not proposing an alternative or some other constructive thing to do about it

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 3:49 am

anagram wrote:
it still makes no sense to protest against something that has already happened and can't be reversed, if you're not proposing an alternative or some other constructive thing to do about it

I have explained to you why it makes perfect sense. Would you like me to elaborate.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 4:05 am

Let's just hope it gets really cold. It's supposed to be in the 30's on Friday and Saturday. I can't see them wanting to be in the cold with no TV when they could be in their jammies, eating popcorn, and playing video games.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.