Anti-Trump Protests Erupt after Victory

Page 4 of 13 [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:42 am

nurseangela wrote:
Seriously? Oakland is where the "Occupy Oakland" riots first started. I'm not surprised at all. That's been their MO all along when things aren't going their way - rioting and burning up everything. I have never seen anything equivalent from the Right. I say round them up and lock them up!

Indeed, though I wouldn't arrest them (Boston Tea Party and all that). The angriest of these kind of protestors always, without fail, seem to burn and riot in their own neighborhoods. "Wha?!? Okaaay, bust a gut for whatever its worth to ya."

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:43 am

On a funny note........

Canada doesn't want you! :mrgreen:

Canadians Don’t Want America-Fleeing Liberals (Especially Lena Dunham). http://tiny.iavian.net/di2b

Guess for those Americans who want to flee, you'll have to go South......... TO MEXICO! :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:51 am

anagram wrote:
i'm listening if you do, but i suspect we just fundamentally disagree. i'm a pragmatist, or at least i like to believe i am one, and i don't see idealism as a virtue
:

It's not idealism, it's solidarity. It is people letting those who are frightened and aggrieved right now, "we are here with you". That has a tremendous amount of practical value. Beyond that, things like this are keenly watched by policy-makers, and inform their decision-making.

This is anything but "idealism."

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 12:10 pm

AJisHere wrote:
Beyond that, things like this are keenly watched by policy-makers, and inform their decision-making.

that's true. and as soon as there's the tiniest hint of violence or call for it, they can and will use it to public discredit and denounce whoever is (or can be) associated with it if it benefits them. making it abundantly and consistently clear that you don't condone or accept it is the only way to maintain credibility. or else you're only turning your allies into someone else's enemy. that's not solidarity, it's escalation

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 12:52 pm

Ok. This will get me branded (if I'm not already) as a "conspiracy theorist", kind of like "extraterrestrial theorist."

But yesterday, as I watched the children rioting in the streets, a thought occurred to me: "What ever happened to all the disruption ISIS had promised for our election???"

And then a light bulb appeared over my head and I mused: "What is the likelihood of ISIS having planted student (or other) operatives within our population in the hopes of creating a general uprising??? Is this possible??? Is it likely ISIS could have any success with this type of attack???

In my puzzling I eventually thought #1-This WAS a possibility and #2-This would NOT be a sustainable disruption.

But then again.....?

During the "riots" of the '60s it was easy to see how people, especially uneducated people, could be fired up to demonstrate, break windows, etc., very similar to what I see happening now. I don't know how much credence I'd place in this thought, especially since I've yet to find anyone who agrees with me, but further investigation will tell.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 10:58 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else remember republican voters NOT rioting after Obama was elected in 2008?

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:31 pm

Raptor wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone else remember republican voters NOT rioting after Obama was elected in 2008?

False equivalency.

Also, have you been paying attention to their behavior over the last eight years?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:32 pm

androbot01 wrote:

I am too. I thought it was supposed to be the Trump supporters who were supposed to be the crazy violent ones. Looks like it's the Clinton gang who are the dangerous ones. I can't believe this is how they choose to represent themselves.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:35 pm

EzraS wrote:
I am too. I thought it was supposed to be the Trump supporters who were supposed to be the crazy violent ones. Looks like it's the Clinton gang who are the dangerous ones. I can't believe this is how they choose to represent themselves.

Just wait four years.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 11:42 pm

AJisHere wrote:
anagram wrote:
i'm listening if you do, but i suspect we just fundamentally disagree. i'm a pragmatist, or at least i like to believe i am one, and i don't see idealism as a virtue
:

It's not idealism, it's solidarity. It is people letting those who are frightened and aggrieved right now, "we are here with you". That has a tremendous amount of practical value. Beyond that, things like this are keenly watched by policy-makers, and inform their decision-making.

This is anything but "idealism."

Come on now, if it was the other way around and these were Trump supporters wouldn't you be condemning their behavior?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 12:01 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Congratulations, Brother Ezra. You just unhypnotized yourself. Many people go through their whole lives without accomplishing that. Now, stay woke.

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

There Are Four Lights!

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 12:25 am

EzraS wrote:
Come on now, if it was the other way around and these were Trump supporters wouldn't you be condemning their behavior?

No. People have a right to protest.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 12:39 am

OH no,the Right never engages in violence.Learn your history.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 12:45 am

AJisHere wrote:
EzraS wrote:

No. People have a right to protest.

Be honest. You would because there's a thread about that here on this very site accusing the Right before we even knew the winner.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 12:54 am

Misslizard wrote:
OH no,the Right never engages in violence.Learn your history.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism

I don't think I saw any protests in that information you posted.

I thought that the Left prided themselves in a "smooth transition" of the presidency. What a bunch of BS!

Darn, I flunked.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:03 am

nurseangela wrote:
Be honest. You would because there's a thread about that here on this very site accusing the Right before we even knew the winner.

be honest yourself. would you not be showing right-wing protesters your support if you had lost?

and, yes, it's only a rhetorical question, and i'm not going to believe you if you say "no" :). there's no way to test it anyway