War crimes likely being committed in Aleppo Syria

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 5:15 pm

More news from the war in Syria

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-38320647

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/dec/14/are-you-incapable-of-shame-samantha-power-criticises-syria-iran-and-russia-video

The UN said raids by the Syrian government and its allies on an area "packed with civilians" most likely violates international law.

This is really sad.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 12:31 pm

I started a thread on this too and only got one response. People just don't seem interested. I guess they figure the Aleppans should have left earlier, but it seems they are being slaughtered, even children.

I suppose these sorts of things are just the way of the world. Bad stuff is happening in Darfur too. I can't help but feel, with the election of Trump, that it would be best to become a hermit.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 3:22 pm

Whether people are interested or not, it is a serious issue. There are war crimes being committed there daily. Simply watch the news coverage on the ground there and you will witness war crimes daily...

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 3:55 pm

I think people are generally starting to wake up to the fact that these fake news outlets cannot be trusted. These are the same outlets that told us the organ eating head choppers were 'moderate rebels'.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 5:18 pm

The bloody thread leading to the horrific crimes being committed in Aleppo can be followed all the way back to the US invasion of Iraq years before. George W Bush will be remembered as the blustering fool who had set into motion the collapse of Middle Eastern civilization, and I fear the decline of American power.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 5:36 pm

Aggressive war (i.e. starting a war) is in itself a crime. At Nuremberg one of the charges brought against the Nazi defendants was the act of starting a shooting war.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 6:33 pm

Assad has all different factions under control and there was peace from 2001 to 2011 and then the US caused conflict in the area between the different factions and supported the organ eaters to remove Assad because of Syria being in the way of oil pipelines and Assad wanting benefits to go to people of the country rather than globalist corporations.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 10:49 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I started a thread on this too and only got one response. People just don't seem interested. I guess they figure the Aleppans should have left earlier, but it seems they are being slaughtered, even children.

the reason people aren't interested is the same reason people voted for brexit and Trump.

androbot01 wrote:
I suppose these sorts of things are just the way of the world. Bad stuff is happening in Darfur too. I can't help but feel, with the election of Trump, that it would be best to become a hermit.

For the average middle class American Dafur and Rwanda may as well be Mars...people are bought up on a diet of starving war ravaged Africans...irritating "feed the world" Christmas songs...they switch off the TV

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2016, 11:39 pm

I've seen every atrocity you can imagine due to the world being at our fingertips these days, it's a hard thing to educate yourself on but the world is a cruel and dismal place sometimes behind the manicured facade we're fortunate enough to persist within. The dagestan massacre is what I consider to represent hell, if I had to watch that again I think I'd rip my eyeballs out. I've seen half blown up children blinking and looking around in blank, futile confusion whilst their parents scream in childlike wails many times, the bombs sometimes come from us too.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Dec 2016, 11:01 am

I remember watching a news report about all these news reports about all these civilians dying in Aleppo and they'd show these bombed out like WWII looking streets and then say like 'up to a dozen died this week' which to me actually seems pretty pinpoint all things considered if there really were 250k people trapped. People don't have the stomach for war anymore nor do they really know what is happening in Syria, these holdout rebels are hardcore jihadists who are holding the civilian population hostage. There are no good guys, there are no 'moderates'. There is no military victory possible for any of these 'legitimate' rebels, there is no point of the west prolonging the suffering and supporting them any longer.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2016, 11:13 am

Jacoby wrote:
I remember watching a news report about all these news reports about all these civilians dying in Aleppo and they'd show these bombed out like WWII looking streets and then say like 'up to a dozen died this week' which to me actually seems pretty pinpoint all things considered if there really were 250k people trapped. People don't have the stomach for war anymore nor do they really know what is happening in Syria, these holdout rebels are hardcore jihadists who are holding the civilian population hostage. There are no good guys, there are no 'moderates'. There is no military victory possible for any of these 'legitimate' rebels, there is no point of the west prolonging the suffering and supporting them any longer.

Aren't the civilians being held hostage innocent?

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2016, 12:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Aren't the civilians being held hostage innocent?

Apparently only for us Democrats...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2016, 12:24 pm

How do you free innocents held captive by terrorists? There has been plenty of time for cease fires and humanitarian corridors, every time it has been used to resupply and to entrench the terrorists so now is the time for them to be defeated militarily as prolonging the siege longer will only mean more innocent deaths in the long run. This is a means to an end for a long and bloody civil war. Without Russian intervention this war would raged for years and years with most of Syria being totally ungovernable, it was not until Russia intervened did there begin a serious effort on the west's part to combat ISIS as they were tacitly supporting them thru our support of mysterious non-existing 'moderate rebels' . ISIS and all other Salafist groups are not legitimate opposition, they are enemies of not only their state but ours as well and need to be opposed everywhere needed & possible.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2016, 2:40 pm

Wow! Even the BBC has posted the truth for once

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38358177

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2016, 9:59 pm

Jacoby wrote:
There are no good guys, there are no 'moderates'.

I'm not supporting the rebels or our ugly allies in the region like Saudi Arabia or Turkey, but the Russians, Iranians, & Assad definitely aren't the 'good guys'. Basically every war Russia gets involved is a disaster for civilians.

It's not easy for people just to pick up shop and leave their homes to go live in a shotty refugee camp for who knows how long or seek asylum in a country that doesn't want you. You should understand that to a degree since you're an "internal migrant" as you've termed.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2016, 7:30 am

Feyokien wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
There are no good guys, there are no 'moderates'.

I'm not supporting the rebels or our ugly allies in the region like Saudi Arabia or Turkey, but the Russians, Iranians, & Assad definitely aren't the 'good guys'. Basically every war Russia gets involved is a disaster for civilians.

It's not easy for people just to pick up shop and leave their homes to go live in a shotty refugee camp for who knows how long or seek asylum in a country that doesn't want you. You should understand that to a degree since you're an "internal migrant" as you've termed.

Every war ever is a disaster for civilians so when they are fought they should be fought for good reasons. Russia has done what has been necessary to defeat ISIS and other terrorists in Syria, something the US was only giving lip service toward before they intervened. When the US was the only one waging an air campaign against ISIS they had a whole economy based off illegal oil and that oil was going somewhere, Bilal Erdogan perhaps? Apparently someone thought it was a bad idea to bomb the oil facilities in ISIS's possession, the reason I heard was because the president was worried about the environmental impact it would have. It was the Russians that prevented a disastrous US intervention and got Bashar al-Assad to give up chemical weapons, what do you think Syria looks like right now if the US had intervened at that time?

I do see the Russians and Iranians as much better allies for our interests in the Middle East, the reality is that the terrorist ideology comes from a fairly narrow but prominent band of Islam and one that happens to be promoted worldwide with the oil money of the Saudis.