Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 2:35 pm

I liked what I heard. I'd like to think Trump's ego will work in the favor of the American people, in that I think he wants to do the type job that will make him viewed as a great president. I think that's his ego's primary goal, to go down in history as the greatest president of the people ever, and I get the feeling he'll bend over backwards to make it happen. Whether he's successful at this or not, remains to be seen of course.

Starts at 49:00

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 3:23 pm

Trump is a conman, crook, liar and much more.

The wall plan is a huge example of a failed campaign promise. Mexican officials have said over and over again "we wont pay for the wall", and they are most likely RIGHT! Trump continues with this lie. He should just man up and either pay for the wall with his own money or just drop the whole idea. Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for the wall due to Trump's lies.

Plus there is still zero proof Trump's companies wont be conflicts of interest when he is officially the president. Hell.. his son-in-law is probably going to work for the White House! So Trump, his family, as well as their friends will get rich while nearly everyone else in USA suffers at their expense. So sickening.

Last but not least- Trump is a huge coward for not releasing his taxes still! He will make up any excuse and lie to not release them. It's pretty clear there is suspicious stuff in the taxes that he doesn't want seen. He's donated how much to Russia? He owes how much to Russia and other countries? It's clear his debts and lawsuits against him will dominate his time in office. There is no realistic way for this stuff to just go away, unless he uses more underhanded tactics- included but not limited to: pay-for-play, bribes, lies, loopholes (including adding more) and gaslighting.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 4:00 pm

The deal at many companies with access to inside information about publicly traded companies is that the principals and staff cannot trade in client stock. Neither can their wives or children. Some kind of SEC rules. Apparently, there is some kind of temptation that people often give in to in that situation.

Still, I'm sure the Trumps are and always will be beyond suspicion and above reproach...What could possibly go wrong?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 4:28 pm

I don't understand people who talk in the third person about themselves as Trump did a number of times during the press conference.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 6:01 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I don't understand people who talk in the third person about themselves as Trump did a number of times during the press conference.

I would not be surprised if it is more common among narcissists to refer to themselves in the third person a lot; it probably is related to the fact that they are always thinking of themselves in terms of how others see them.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 7:08 pm

EzraS wrote:
I liked what I heard. I'd like to think Trump's ego will work in the favor of the American people, in that I think he wants to do the type job that will make him viewed as a great president. I think that's his ego's primary goal, to go down in history as the greatest president of the people ever, and I get the feeling he'll bend over backwards to make it happen. Whether he's successful at this or not, remains to be seen of course.

I totally agree!! That's one GOOD thing about narcissists----they want to be the BEST, and they'll do back-flips to prove that!!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 7:24 pm

"George is getting upset."

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 8:10 pm

I just love Trump! He's so natural. He's going to be the one to put the news back in order. He sure put CNN in their place! :mrgreen: Good times!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 9:30 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

My dad said a guy maned Bob Dole, who ran against Bill Clinton used to do that too. And then my dad said if Dole hadn't done that so much he probably would have forgotten the name Bob Dole a long time ago.

androbot01 wrote:
"George is getting upset."

It took a few minutes for the penny to drop on that one haha.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 2:45 am

nurseangela wrote:
I just love Trump! He's so natural. He's going to be the one to put the news back in order. He sure put CNN in their place! :mrgreen: Good times!

The thing is though, the founding fathers understood that a free and even adversarial press was necessary for keeping a President in check, and insured a free society. Trump's BFF, Putin, has been cracking down on the Russian press critical of him, possibly even ordering assassinations of reporters. I for one am fearful for the future of our republic if the press is bullied into silence.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:30 am

:lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 4:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

The thing is though, the founding fathers understood that a free and even adversarial press was necessary for keeping a President in check, and insured a free society. Trump's BFF, Putin, has been cracking down on the Russian press critical of him, possibly even ordering assassinations of reporters. I for one am fearful for the future of our republic if the press is bullied into silence.

More like called into account for producing yellow journalism.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 5:03 am

Biscuitman wrote:

:lol:

What am I missing?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 5:48 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Yellow journalism is actually the business of Fox, Breitbart, and the like. Just because Trump calls CNN phony news doesn't necessarily make it so.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 6:38 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Yellow journalism is actually the business of Fox, Breitbart, and the like. Just because Trump calls CNN phony news doesn't necessarily make it so.

CNN is just the leftist version of Fox. I don't go to either source unless I'm looking for skewed sensationalism.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 8:39 am

That's the thing....there's something called "Freedom of the Press."

Trump "putting CNN in its place" is dictator stuff.

If we lose Freedom of the Press, we lose accountability.

Leaders could then do what the hell they want, to the profit of them, and the loss of whom they are governing.