Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:41 pm

Gunshots and chaos at Fort Lauderdale airport, with five dead, eight wounded

Quote:
A suspect identified as Esteban Santiago was taken into custody without incident. He reportedly arrived on a Canadian flight, retrieved a gun from a checked bag and started shooting.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:46 pm

christ. i have a flight tonight. :evil:

are shotguns really the smartest weapon to use in bigger yet enclosed areas such as airport baggage claims? i admit i don't know much about that.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 4:47 pm

My grandfather used to support six children, when Boeing was still manufacturing, and, although I was born somewhat after the golden years of airtravel, it still used to be glamorous. We used to dress up for it, and the food used to seem fancy.

Now,they torment my handicapped relatives.

Quote:
Lea said police were telling everyone "no sudden movements."

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2017, 8:10 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
My grandfather used to support six children, when Boeing was still manufacturing, and, although I was born somewhat after the golden years of airtravel, it still used to be glamorous. We used to dress up for it, and the food used to seem fancy

Yet..somewhere in the Californian hills Boeing 747's are still being used as recycled parts on rich tycoons and landowners pads.

In light of the recent takedown, I'd excuse the latest think tank for getting confused from the latest of the early
birds recent dilema, when its us Brits who worry about our runways the most, when some planes aren't even hitting
wind speed targets. I say bring back those that can crank it back up with finess like the airmiles of Concorde.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2017, 1:31 am

concorde was economically inefficient, polluted like crazy, difficult to accommodate, outdated by the end of its tenure and was very noisy, both inside and outside the cabin.

i say this as someone who has never flown in one.

make of that whatever you like.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm

I think the biggest overstatement would be willing an optional invite to a pre-varnished new interior of an airport with extra sensures on baggage claims and underheated interest in the air-tight frictional compartments of the plane, with ties to proposed conventional methods to hold years of means tested scrutiny on passenger safety, reaching collosal breakthroughs onto fictional models of higher polluted means, i,e- Easyjet, Ryanair, some older types of Trans An flights,etc.
If there are newer espionages of hold ups with a gun, which anyone who is legally bound in the U.S has a right to owning, despite a take down on a small disenfranchised airport with some stereotypycal media hype frenzy. When you look at other airports which have been hit by ISIS,Brussels ad Ankara 'par examp,' then you really do begin to see the bigger picture. Radicallism is a step beyond the crazy, into the far reaching- subconscious exteriors of the mind whereas the silent crazies, have the unltimate say on everything.