Page 1 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2017, 10:32 pm

Probably a hate crime; so far it's said in media that there is five deaths and many wounded in a unspecified number.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-mosque-gun-shots-1.3957686

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

30 Jan 2017, 1:05 am

apparently it was 2 people who were masked, it is being reported they shouted 'Allahu Ackbar' before the attack

dont know how they isnt a bigger story with the multiple shooters

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 9:21 am

The Globe & Mail: Six dead, five in critical condition in ‘terrorist attack’ at Quebec mosque

Quote:
Two men were in custody after a mass shooting Sunday night at a mosque in Quebec City that killed six people and wounded several more, and was condemned by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as “a terrorist attack on Muslims.”

Quote:
“We condemn this terrorist attack on Muslims in a centre of worship and refuge,” Mr. Trudeau said in a statement.

Jacoby wrote:
..it is being reported they shouted 'Allahu Ackbar' before the attacks

It is thoughtful of them to speak to their victims in Arabic.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 9:32 am

The shouts don't prove anything, but it is one strange element of this awful tragedy.

I was watching the coverage, following along in my On The Media guide to live coverage of mass shootings. The shows followed the playbook, with the hosts goading the analysts to speculate. Sad.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 9:42 am

It is most definitely a terrorist attack whoever is responsible

odd story how its not blowing up more, it wasn't just some lone wolf attack

I am not sure what to think about the shouts of Allahu Ackbar, have also heard reported that they had Quebecois names and accents but have also read that one of the caught was Moroccan. Some people were spreading the rumor that it was Syrian refugees last night. The reluctance to say who the shooters are or what their motivations are I think are telling considering how politically correct Canada is, sometimes you can read between the lines the more they avoid t to answer that question.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 9:46 am

In my opinion, the best policy is to investigate thoroughly before answering any questions, particularly when faced with a confusing situation where emotions run high.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 9:52 am

Jacoby wrote:
...sometimes you can read between the lines the more they avoid t to answer that question.

Quote:
Investigators do not believe any suspects beyond the two men in custody remain at large and they would not comment on identity of the attackers, motives or methods. “It’s much too early,” said Christine Coulombe, an SQ spokesperson.

Yes, when I look between the lines it definitely says they are investigating. You have such distrust in government, Jacoby. I trust mine and I have no reason to believe they are hiding anything.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 9:54 am

George Soros, again?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 10:03 am

The shooters names were Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed Khadir, read into that what you will. It is a terrorist attack and I would not be surprised if more are involved, makes you wonder what the motivation is.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 10:13 am

Heavy: Alexandre Bissonnette: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Quote:
A source told Radio-Canada both suspects are students at Université Laval, a French-language, public college in Quebec City. There are about 28,500 undergraduate students and 8,500 graduate students attending the school.

Quote:
“The investigation has not ended,” Quebec City Police spokesman Étienne Doyon, told the Toronto Star. “We will be trying to verify if there is a third or fourth or any other person involved. We’re not ruling out that there may be other suspects.”

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 11:33 am

I don't know if anything is too weird anymore. I just don't know what to think after reading that article; no idea whatsoever. I know much less than I did before I read it.

citoyenlambda
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jan 2017, 3:19 pm

Cue the former classmates coming out of the woodwork telling us this guy had no friends, was bullied and always on his own, and the media reminding us that anyone displaying these signs may well be a mass murderer in the making.

Personally I think it's all macabre and disgusting. Everybody is trying to score cheap political capital on the backs of 6 bodies. People are going so far as to blame Trump and I can't count the number of posts I've seen before the suspect's identity was known that were hoping for a white or brown shooter. Who cares?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:49 pm

Jacoby wrote:
It is most definitely a terrorist attack whoever is responsible

odd story how its not blowing up more, it wasn't just some lone wolf attack

I am not sure what to think about the shouts of Allahu Ackbar, have also heard reported that they had Quebecois names and accents but have also read that one of the caught was Moroccan. Some people were spreading the rumor that it was Syrian refugees last night. The reluctance to say who the shooters are or what their motivations are I think are telling considering how politically correct Canada is, sometimes you can read between the lines the more they avoid t to answer that question.
Quebec police typically don't name suspects before they are charged. In the province of Quebec, the police cannot lay formal charges themselves, only the Crown can lay charges. There is no conspiracy even though you look for one.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:50 pm

Jacoby wrote:
The shooters names were Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed Khadir, read into that what you will. It is a terrorist attack and I would not be surprised if more are involved, makes you wonder what the motivation is.

Only one shooter, which was Alexandre Bissonnette. The other person was released and considered a witness.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:54 pm

Jacoby wrote:
apparently it was 2 people who were masked, it is being reported they shouted 'Allahu Ackbar' before the attack

dont know how they isnt a bigger story with the multiple shooters

It is a big story in Canada. It isn't in America because Amercian news agencies rarely report on anything that doesn't involve America.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 7:26 pm

The shooter was a Facebook fan of Marie le Pan and Donald Trump. Does it mean anything? I don't use Facebook, so it's a serious aspie question.