Page 4 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 12:53 am

ZenDen wrote:
Quote:
I'm not actually responsible for the thread nor have I posted anything remotely inflammatory?

Then this is my error.

But I thought labeling people with an inflammatory name such as "racist" was not kosher, proper, or approved of in this group?

And frankly two of you doing so at the same time makes it seem as though you're "ganging up" on an individual.

What did I miss?

I wasn't aware of any gang up behavior? People who critique John's views such as Kraichgauer or jnrjones933 are quite articulate and very moderate in their views

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 1:03 am

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
From now on you John Powell can spout any racist tripe you want, and the rest of us wont call you "racist".

But he already spouts racist nonsense, he just wants us to agree with him...

Like what? You continuously praise and defend a racist state, so save me the tripe.

Israelis have been remarkably brave people after surviving continuous pogroms and inquisitions for 1000 years in Europe. Their stoic stance against "opportunistic" Arab hostility is also admirable.

I defend Israel's right to exist (unlike your friends in HAMAS) not their current expansion into the occupied territories. However I can understand Israel is paranoid over their borders given their civilians have to cope with terrorism on a daily basis

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 3:51 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
From now on you John Powell can spout any racist tripe you want, and the rest of us wont call you "racist".

But he already spouts racist nonsense, he just wants us to agree with him...

Like what? You continuously praise and defend a racist state, so save me the tripe.

Israelis have been remarkably brave people after surviving continuous pogroms and inquisitions for 1000 years in Europe. Their stoic stance against "opportunistic" Arab hostility is also admirable.

I defend Israel's right to exist (unlike your friends in HAMAS) not their current expansion into the occupied territories. However I can understand Israel is paranoid over their borders given their civilians have to cope with terrorism on a daily basis

So people from Palestine aren't Palestinians, but people from Europe and Russia are Israelis? :| Everyone has suffered over the course of history, we just don't hear about it all the time.

Hamas recognised Israel in 2014 by agreeing to the peace terms set out by the EU and the US in forming a unity government with the PA, which included agreeing to all past negotiations, such as the Oslo Accords. Palestinians have to deal with Israel's terrorism on a daily basis more like.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Quote:
I'm not actually responsible for the thread nor have I posted anything remotely inflammatory?

Then this is my error.

But I thought labeling people with an inflammatory name such as "racist" was not kosher, proper, or approved of in this group?

And frankly two of you doing so at the same time makes it seem as though you're "ganging up" on an individual.

What did I miss?

I wasn't aware of any gang up behavior? People who critique John's views such as Kraichgauer or jnrjones933 are quite articulate and very moderate in their views

Rather than quibble with you I'll just ask you again to please recognize the terms you're using for what they are: the exact equivalent to using the "N" word to vilify another and paint them with what you consider a stain. I hope you recognize we don't need such and many here have experienced name calling themselves. Thanks.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 2:00 am

JohnPowell wrote:
So people from Palestine aren't Palestinians, but people from Europe and Russia are Israelis? :| Everyone has suffered over the course of history, we just don't hear about it all the time.

Hamas recognised Israel in 2014 by agreeing to the peace terms set out by the EU and the US in forming a unity government with the PA, which included agreeing to all past negotiations, such as the Oslo Accords. Palestinians have to deal with Israel's terrorism on a daily basis more like.

I don't approve of Israel's race laws which discriminate in favor of European Jews over "oriental" Jews. Yes I recognise that many Palestinians have suffered, however, treaties need to be honored by both sides, not just the Israelis

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 2:02 am

ZenDen wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Quote:

Then this is my error.

What did I miss?

Rather than quibble with you I'll just ask you again to please recognize the terms you're using for what they are: the exact equivalent to using the "N" word to vilify another and paint them with what you consider a stain. I hope you recognize we don't need such and many here have experienced name calling themselves. Thanks.

I take your point and will endeavor to maintain a certain level of decorum in future.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:38 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html

Where is the media coverage? What is that that you linked to?

White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back. :roll:

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 11:44 am

0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back. :roll:

"What is that that you linked to?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Independent

"White people love to be racist and vote for racist xenophobic politicians who want to isolate their countries from the rest of the world and impose immigration bans to keep non-white people out. But then they cry like babies when people hate them back."

So if anyone is against your rules of immigration then you label them racist and liken them to "babies?" This shows a certain lack of imagination.

And this brings to mind a particular person on TV (MSNBC?)who spouts similar rhetoric. This person is one of the sharpest people on TV and I used to watch the program regularly until the last Presidential race. What I saw before as completely unbiased commentary was now nothing more than partisan politics...of the worst type. In my estimation this is nothing but "hate speech" in a velvet glove...I am not fooled or amused.

But this is my failing....for stupidly not realizing this person/commentator is nothing but a paid shill, and I was stupid for not realizing this long before the recent electoral race. Mia culpa.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 4:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I don't approve of Israel's race laws which discriminate in favor of European Jews over "oriental" Jews. Yes I recognise that many Palestinians have suffered, however, treaties need to be honored by both sides, not just the Israelis

What about laws over Palestinians? Well, the US and Israel are the only not honoring them.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:24 am

0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Actually I think "white" countries are just as opened to foreign peoples as the others. 4% of the Netherlands is Muslim, and 17% of the United States is Latino. Additionally, 12 Million Germans live in Brazil, so it goes both ways. China, Iran, and Poland are 3 relatively large countries where multiple ethnic groups and sometimes even races get along to a certain degree (I'm not saying they're always successful though). You also mustn't forget the nonwestern countries that are just as hostile towards foreign populations. A lot of them have displayed the same attitude that colonial European nations have in the past, or worse. This is very noticeable in Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and India, where foreign populations are not viewed particularly fairly, despite 1 of these nations having huge amounts of diversity within the actual country.

What I'm saying is not that White Countries are any better at tolerating others, but that it's a universal thing. Racism and xenophobia is a worldwide phenomenon, and it's practically unavoidable. I was disgusted by this guy's actions because I would view the perpetrator in the same way if it was the other way around, and of course I don't know his background or his experiences with white people, so I view him the same way I would view a neo-Nazi or an Arab Supremacist, with tamed anger and disgust and a desire to probe for the underlying cause, not point out the flaws and continue the hatred.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:11 am

wrongcitizen wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Actually I think "white" countries are just as opened to foreign peoples as the others. 4% of the Netherlands is Muslim, and 17% of the United States is Latino. Additionally, 12 Million Germans live in Brazil, so it goes both ways. China, Iran, and Poland are 3 relatively large countries where multiple ethnic groups and sometimes even races get along to a certain degree (I'm not saying they're always successful though). You also mustn't forget the nonwestern countries that are just as hostile towards foreign populations. A lot of them have displayed the same attitude that colonial European nations have in the past, or worse. This is very noticeable in Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and India, where foreign populations are not viewed particularly fairly, despite 1 of these nations having huge amounts of diversity within the actual country.

What I'm saying is not that White Countries are any better at tolerating others, but that it's a universal thing. Racism and xenophobia is a worldwide phenomenon, and it's practically unavoidable. I was disgusted by this guy's actions because I would view the perpetrator in the same way if it was the other way around, and of course I don't know his background or his experiences with white people, so I view him the same way I would view a neo-Nazi or an Arab Supremacist, with tamed anger and disgust and a desire to probe for the underlying cause, not point out the flaws and continue the hatred.

If an alien landed on planet earth they would assume that we white folks are the overlords...simple demographics
Europeans make up 18% of the global population but control 70% of land, 80% of the wealth and 100% of nukes.

Immigration and national borders is a smokescreen

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 3:30 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

what an awful stereotypical thing to say. Not all white people are racist likewise not all muslims are like the man in the paper.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

cyberdad wrote:
wrongcitizen wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

If an alien landed on planet earth they would assume that we white folks are the overlords...simple demographics
Europeans make up 18% of the global population but control 70% of land, 80% of the wealth and 100% of nukes.

Didn't realise Russia, Pakistan, China, Israel, North Korea and Turkey were in Europe.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 7:55 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
wrongcitizen wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Didn't realise Russia, Pakistan, China, Israel, North Korea and Turkey were in Europe.

Western Russia is in Europe, though the greater part of the country is in Asia.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 9:22 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Russians are Europeans (unless you want to invoke Nazi propaganda) and control all their lands.

The Turks (inlcuding those in so called independent states in eastern Russia) and Arabs consider themselves "Europeans" when they live in western countries.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

That's horrible. The UK has shockingly lenient sentances by American standards.