Page 1 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 1:19 pm

I say if you want to get in someones face and say racist things to them, let alone spit on them or their baby for that matter then they deserve a hard punch right in the face.

Now some might disagree with that, but I say don't want to get hit? don't do that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 1:22 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
We should completely scrap the term 'hate crime'. Doesn't help anyone or anything.

I have been saying this for years ... and, I helped write my state's original hate-crime laws! No, it is better to describe "hate crime" as an intended "victim selection" for assault, aggravated assault, battery, extortion, intimidation, vandalism, rape, theft, breaking and entering, and robbery based on defined characteristics of potential victims. My state's Legislature is attempted to do just that this year.

Isn't hate crime a bit easier to say than 'intended victim selection based on defined characteristics of potential victims.' though? I mean maybe race crime if the crime has to do with the victims race, would be a better term, of course that wording may sound questionable to some...then of course what would you call it when a crime is committed against someone because they are homosexual, transgender, or simply their gender or something like that which isn't to do with race?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Feb 2017, 4:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
What a coward, people like this should have their face pummeled. Spitting is probably the most disgusting disrespectful thing you can do from someone and doing it someone's child? He's lucky he didn't do this to wrong person or else it would of been the last thing he ever did and I don't think it would of been totally unjustified. How is this not a hate crime?

At least the woman and baby are unharmed

This pregnant woman was not so lucky
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 53006.html

Skinheads are still lurking around...

anyone that attacks a child isn't worthy of life

It would be appropriate if you were equally angry at the skinhead kicking a pregnant woman (in the same tabloid on the same day) , the baby who was spat on will grow up happy and healthy and the perpetrator will face the law. The other baby (whom you carefully ignored) died and the racist scum is still wandering the streets.

Don't put words in my mouth and stop looking for a narrative to push. Anybody that attacks a baby, a child, a pregnant mother, or any defenseless person for that matter are the scum of the earth and it doesn't matter what color they are or the reason they did it. In a vacuum, I believe in eye for an eye retribution as a means of justice and do not believe their possible future rehabilitation should be a factor. Logically that makes sense to me, that would best protect victims from the victimizers although in the real world there is obviously an issue with government & the courts fairly and equally carrying out these sentences.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 5:24 pm

Yes, spitting on a baby for any reason is disgusting. That said, I think the OP has an agenda here, that whites are somehow being victimized just as badly, or if not worse, as non-whites.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Don't put words in my mouth and stop looking for a narrative to push. Anybody that attacks a baby, a child, a pregnant mother, or any defenseless person for that matter are the scum of the earth and it doesn't matter what color they are or the reason they did it. In a vacuum, I believe in eye for an eye retribution as a means of justice and do not believe their possible future rehabilitation should be a factor. Logically that makes sense to me, that would best protect victims from the victimizers although in the real world there is obviously an issue with government & the courts fairly and equally carrying out these sentences.

And you don't think that man had a mental illness? his actions appear random rather than planned...does that change your desire to smack him in the face?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 7:46 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, spitting on a baby for any reason is disgusting. That said, I think the OP has an agenda here, that whites are somehow being victimized just as badly, or if not worse, as non-whites.

The OP is looking for fuel to burn the Trump fire...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 8:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I figured as such.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 5:56 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Despite bieng a repeat offender the criminal was not put in jail.

That's the main problem with our system.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 5:57 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
We should completely scrap the term 'hate crime'. Doesn't help anyone or anything.

I have been saying this for years ... and, I helped write my state's original hate-crime laws! No, it is better to describe "hate crime" as an intended "victim selection" for assault, aggravated assault, battery, extortion, intimidation, vandalism, rape, theft, breaking and entering, and robbery based on defined characteristics of potential victims. My state's Legislature is attempted to do just that this year.

Isn't hate crime a bit easier to say than 'intended victim selection based on defined characteristics of potential victims.' though? I mean maybe race crime if the crime has to do with the victims race, would be a better term, of course that wording may sound questionable to some...then of course what would you call it when a crime is committed against someone because they are homosexual, transgender, or simply their gender or something like that which isn't to do with race?

A crime doesn't become more of a crime because you attack someone because of their race, gender or sexuality.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You really need to switch your TV off. This has nothing to do with Trump! I live in the UK. Double standards with racism is an ongoing thing. I know you're not an 'anti-racist' anyway.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:05 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
I know you're not an 'anti-racist' anyway.

sarcasm?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

sarcasm?

No. You support a state with racial colonies in land they illegally stole from the native non whites.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 7:26 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

sarcasm?

No. You support a state with racial colonies in land they illegally stole from the native non whites.

Is the Israeli/Palestinian situation your Aspie obsession?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 7:30 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

A crime doesn't become more of a crime because you attack someone because of their race, gender or sexuality.

It is still a factor to be looked at when determining why the crime happened, how to describe it and proper sentencing, I didn't say it makes it more of a crime.

How you got that out of hate crime is easier to say/write than 'intended victim selection based on defined characteristics of potential victims' I cannot quite figure out...

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 7:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

sarcasm?

Is the Israeli/Palestinian situation your Aspie obsession?

Is the Nazi situation yours? At least we can do something about this crime against humanity.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

It is still a factor to be looked at when determining why the crime happened, how to describe it and proper sentencing, I didn't say it makes it more of a crime.

How you got that out of hate crime is easier to say/write than 'intended victim selection based on defined characteristics of potential victims' I cannot quite figure out...

It can be listed as a motive, but has no need to flood the news channels (unless it's non-white against white), (unless they are Muslims).