Donald Trump Clamping Down on Dissent in Govt Agencies

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 4:28 am

This was copied from one of my friends on Facebook: I'll let this passage speak for itself.

A repost. Thanks for the intelligence:
Shared from a friend whose friend works at an agency that tries to project our mother earth.
"I won't disclose his name because I don't want to get him into any trouble.
"Sharing with permission. From an Environmental Protection Agency staffer: "So I work at the EPA and yeah it's as bad as you are hearing: The entire agency is under lockdown, the website, Facebook, Twitter, you name it is static and can't be updated. All reports, findings, permits and studies are frozen and not to be released. No presentations or meetings with outside groups are to be scheduled.

Any Press contacting us are to be directed to the Press Office which is also silenced and will give no response.
All grants and contracts are frozen from the contractors working on Superfund sites to grad school students working on their thesis.

We are still doing our work, writing reports, doing cancer modeling for pesticides hoping that this is temporary and we will be able to serve the public soon. But many of us are worried about an ideologically-fueled purging and if you use any federal data I advise you gather what you can now. We have been told the website is being reworked to reflect the new administration's policy.

Feel free to copy and paste, you all pay for the government and you should know what's going on. I am posting this as a fellow citizen and not in any sort of official capacity."
If you share (please do), please do so with copy and paste."

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 11:51 am

Censoring the truth. Meanwhile, we have a guy in charge who says Carbon Dioxide is harmless to our atmosphere. Anybody take a good look at the planet Venus lately?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Mar 2017, 12:00 pm

Obama stocked the federal bureaucracy full with ideologues, they should all be purged just like Clinton did when he got into office. There are plenty of good people but there are plenty of BAD ones to who only wish to do harm to our president and they have no right to a cushy federal job.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 12:24 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Obama stocked the federal bureaucracy full with ideologues, they should all be purged just like Clinton did when he got into office. There are plenty of good people but there are plenty of BAD ones to who only wish to do harm to our president and they have no right to a cushy federal job.

Why would they support a president that they know is spreading lies and whose environmental position has the potential to make millions of death?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 12:33 pm

Tollorin wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Why would they support a president that they know is spreading lies and whose environmental position has the potential to make millions of death?

Talk about spreading lies, 'millions of death'? Come on!

They weren't elected, they're easily replaced bureaucrats who have jobs to do and that doesn't include undermining the POTUS. Not interested in the opinions from the peanut gallery, they are not entitled to their jobs so they should be careful because insubordination is a fireable offense.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 12:46 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

They weren't elected, they're easily replaced bureaucrats who have jobs to do and that doesn't include undermining the POTUS. Not interested in the opinions from the peanut gallery, they are not entitled to their jobs so they should be careful because insubordination is a fireable offense.

They may be bureaucrats by they know more about their subject that their president, or you for that matter. Their job is not to serve the current president and his stupid ideology, but to serve their nation and to reveal what they found with their works to the government and population of their nation.
Conservatives are all about the danger of "big government" and it's tyranny, and yet when the government is on their side they expect it to strike down all opposition and that everyone should go along with it, or else...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 1:08 pm

Unelected bureaucrats taking it upon themselves to undermine the president out of the loyalty to the last one for whatever reason should be fired immediately. Insubordination would never be tolerated in the Obama administration so why should it in Trump's? Tell you the truth I am ready to eliminate entire unconstitutional or wasteful departments and returning powers to the states or their previous agencies.

This is not legitimate dissent or opposition, we had an election and some folks still haven't accepted the outcome.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 1:18 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Unelected bureaucrats taking it upon themselves to undermine the president out of the loyalty to the last one for whatever reason should be fired immediately. Insubordination would never be tolerated in the Obama administration so why should it in Trump's? Tell you the truth I am ready to eliminate entire unconstitutional or wasteful departments and returning powers to the states or their previous agencies.

This is not legitimate dissent or opposition, we had an election and some folks still haven't accepted the outcome.

A little close-minded, aren't we?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 1:20 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

And what was all this about how liberals wouldn't listen to conservatives because of our supposed "arrogance"? Looks like there's quite a bit of arrogance on your side.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 3:05 pm

What's arrogant about it? The people being arrogant are these federal employees & former Obama officials that think they can take it upon themselves to usurp the authority of the lawfully elected president. Trump isn't breaking any laws, he won an election and some people are refusing the accept the result. There is legitimate lawful opposition and then there is sedition, I don't care if you protest or if your congressman gives a speech or whatever but there can't be a tolerance for violence, illegal acts, or sabotage.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 3:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:
What's arrogant about it? The people being arrogant are these federal employees & former Obama officials that think they can take it upon themselves to usurp the authority of the lawfully elected president. Trump isn't breaking any laws, he won an election and some people are refusing the accept the result. There is legitimate lawful opposition and then there is sedition, I don't care if you protest or if your congressman gives a speech or whatever but there can't be a tolerance for violence, illegal acts, or sabotage.

I had no idea we were discussing that in this thread. I thought we were discussing the results of scientific studies conducted by government agencies being suppressed by the White House because they didn't support the President's views. In science, you're supposed to publish the result regardless of whether it supports your views.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

Jacoby wrote:

This thread isn't about Obama, it is about what Trump and his administration is doing about environmental policy I believe. I don't see how Obama is relevent, Trump is the president what about what Trump is doing? That seems a lot more relevant. The inability some people have to even acknowledge any criticism whatsoever of trump and change the subject to Obama or Clinton whenever it comes up is disturbing.

Neither of them are president.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 4:50 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

This thread isn't about Obama, it is about what Trump and his administration is doing about environmental policy I believe. I don't see how Obama is relevent, Trump is the president what about what Trump is doing? That seems a lot more relevant. The inability some people have to even acknowledge any criticism whatsoever of trump and change the subject to Obama or Clinton whenever it comes up is disturbing.

Obama.put.ideologues.in.the.federal.bureaucracy.

Some people have poor reading comprehension it seems...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 5:49 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Obama.put.ideologues.in.the.federal.bureaucracy.

Some people have poor reading comprehension it seems...

Trump is trying to silence the EPA and giving people positions over environmental policy who don't believe carbon dioxide is a toxin or that global warming exists, or has any human contribution whatsoever. Also removing regulations from oil and coal industries, and wanting to allow oil drilling in our National forests/parks which are a staple of preserving some of the remaining nature in this country.

What do you think about the current administrations apparent disregard for the environment and nature conservation?

some people cannot stay on topic when it comes to what trump and his administration are doing.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 6:07 pm

The EPA is a job killer, jobs that pay for your benefits. Obama turned the EPA into his global warming police force, what they were doing was hurting the economy and not really benefiting the environment. Obama stacked the deck in all these federal agencies with ideologues who are now trying to sabotage the Trump administration, it shouldn't and won't be tolerated so he is totally justified in purging these people from government.

Don't fall for the propaganda about polar bears, ice melting, coast lines flooding, Day After Tomorrow BS, because that's not happening because somebody thinks that global temperature(a stupid metric to begin with) might go up a degree in the next century. I stay on topic, some people are just ignorant of the issues and whats actually going on. The EPA could be totally eliminated for all I care, it hasn't even been around that long and there isn't anything in the constitution that authorizes it, this should be responsibility of the states. Do you want millions of people out of work, for your utilities to double, and to never live life as anything but a rent paying serf according the policies of Agenda 21? More Middle Eastern oil? Those are the policies that Obama and the so called 'progressives' support.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 6:27 pm

Looks like Gish is taking a gallop.