John McCain Wants Trump To Retract Wiretapping Claim

Page 5 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 2:00 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It's hardly the same as tapping Trump's phone.

Before going on to the rest, what's the difference? How is it not the same thing via other surveillance eavesdropping devices used without a warrant?

I haven't even heard if this was purposeful, yet. It's possible that persons working as domestic contacts or informants might have overheard conversations, and simply reported them.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 2:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Before going on to the rest, what's the difference? How is it not the same thing via other surveillance eavesdropping devices used without a warrant?

I haven't even heard if this was purposeful, yet. It's possible that persons working as domestic contacts or informants might have overheard conversations, and simply reported them.

So it's going from listening devices to actual moles. Even better for entertainment sake.

Then again, domestic staff are known for voluntarily supplying government intelligence agencies with inconsequential information of what the boss is up to. I believe they even have their own window at NSA headquarters. "Domestic Bean Spillers, Please Take A Number And Be Seated" the sign reads. I hear they get coffee and doughnuts while waiting their turn.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 5:15 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So it's going from listening devices to actual moles. Even better for entertainment sake.

Then again, domestic staff are known for voluntarily supplying government intelligence agencies with inconsequential information of what the boss is up to. I believe they even have their own window at NSA headquarters. "Domestic Bean Spillers, Please Take A Number And Be Seated" the sign reads. I hear they get coffee and doughnuts while waiting their turn.

As a matter of fact, the information, it's being said now, was incidental to gathering intelligence on foreign dignitaries, and happened to appear in intelligence reports. There is actually nothing illegal here.
The Republican co-chair of the House Intelligence Committee, instead of presenting this information to the committee, presented it to Trump, proving he's hardly unbiased, and may in fact be trying to sink the investigation. And he has yet to show any evidence for his revelation.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 7:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

As a matter of fact, the information, it's being said now, was incidental to gathering intelligence on foreign dignitaries, and happened to appear in intelligence reports. There is actually nothing illegal here.
The Republican co-chair of the House Intelligence Committee, instead of presenting this information to the committee, presented it to Trump, proving he's hardly unbiased, and may in fact be trying to sink the investigation. And he has yet to show any evidence for his revelation.

No one has yet to show any evidence for their revelations regarding any of this going back to last December. My prediction is no one ever will. There will be continued innuendo and the like, but that's likely as far as it will ever go. And by this time next year it will probably essentially be forgotten on favor of whatever current events are taking place.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 10:44 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No one has yet to show any evidence for their revelations regarding any of this going back to last December. My prediction is no one ever will. There will be continued innuendo and the like, but that's likely as far as it will ever go. And by this time next year it will probably essentially be forgotten on favor of whatever current events are taking place.

Or maybe not.
Things like this could in large part be avoided if Trump wouldn't shoot his mouth off about unprovable, if not even impossible things, whether that be about Obama bugging his phone, or Obama being behind Anti-Trump demonstrations, or that the British spied on him (then blaming it entirely on Fox), or that Ted Cruz's dad had been involved in the Kennedy assassination. He needs to think before he opens his yap, and repeats whatever his Id is yammering about.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 4:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
"just that Gaddafi had been largely responsible for causing it."

Not remotely true.

You don't think living for decades under an emotionally unbalanced, fickle dictator for decades hadn't contributed to the eventual uprising?

Nothing to do with it. It's completely irrelevant. He was removed and the country destroyed because it's what the West wanted to happen. Have you ever thought about looking elsewhere for news and information? Cause you're being lied to.

Why would the west want to see a third world country destabilized like that? Not every disastrous event is preplanned.

Numerous reasons. They don't want people of the area benefiting from the resources etc, hence why those countries are part of the "third world". It was planned by the West, that's a fact. Not even a controversial fact.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Gaddafi supported terrorism at one time but he cared about his people and helped build a lot of infrastructure all across Africa, he's not a black and white figure. I think everyone in Libya besides the Islamists probably misses him, their country is now an ungovernable failed state in sectarian civil war with little possibility of the situation improving any time soon. It was a terrible terrible mistake by NATO to intervene, more people have died 20x over if we didn't stick our nose in it. Not only that but it was a total betrayal by the West to Gaddafi who had cooperated with our War on Terror and had given up his WMDs, lesson to other pariahs is to NEVER disarm.

also confirmed surveillance of Trump and associates by Intelligence Chair David Nunes, says FBI is not cooperating with the congressional investigation but the NSA is. I think the time to fire Comey as FBI director is coming soon.

No, he wasn't a black-and-white, Snidely Whiplash character, twirling his mustache in anticipation of the deviltry he can cause. Still, I think he was a bad man.
Getting rid of him ultimately proved to be a bad move, as the west overestimated the power of the street protesters calling for liberty, and didn't foresee fanatical killers fighting to take charge. But when a repressive dictatorship is removed after a number of years, it's often the case that all those influences that had been held under foot, both good and bad - probably especially bad - are suddenly let loose.

It's as big of 'mistake' as it was to invade Iraq, people don't fully appreciate how bad of shape Libya is in and how ISIS has gained a foothold in the country. Weapons from Libya destabilized northern Africa, from Mali all the way down to Nigeria with Boko Haram. Obama is a criminal just like Bush and Clinton before.

I honestly think Obama thought removing Gaddafi was the right thing to do. His true error was assuming, as Bush had, that people with zero experience with democracy would take immediately to free government, and not understanding that in an illiberal society, the bad man in charge keeps the other bad men from the door.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

You said in a previous post that it was an organic thing, now you're saying it was Obama, but he just destroyed the country out of the goodness of his heart. Supporting terrorist rent-a crowds to over throw the government etc was never done with good intentions. Yeah sure, these people are just so backwards according to you that they cannot deal with the wonders of 'democracy' :roll: How's Iraq going? If by some freakish chance that the US keeps over throwing governments because of their love of democracy, you think they might have learned by now that all it does is make a things one billion times worse? You ever considered just slightly that these aren't 'mistakes'? Get real man. If Obama loves democracy so much, why did he and others support the other throw of a democratically elected government in Ukraine by neo-Nazis?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 5:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
John McCain is probably now saying "umm err, never mind".

Why? As I understand it, the feds basically had picked up on how Trump's people were talking about him, but there's still no proof of wiretapping.

O'Reilly: "Bottom line congressman, would I be wrong in saying that the Obama administration surveilled the Trump transition team?"

Peter King: "I would say from all I know you're at least 99.5% accurate. And probably 100%."

Starting @ 7:40

Leave it to Fox to blow this out of proportion. As I've already stated, the feds picked up on stuff said by Trump's people about Trump, but nobody tapped Trump's phone, or spied on him through his TV, or microwave oven.
And Roger King? This is a guy who used to give moral, and perhaps even financial, support to the IRA, a known terrorist organization, that has the blood of innocent people on it's hands. He only broke off this support after we went to war with terrorists. I trust Roger King as far as I can throw him.

Just try to question yourself sometimes. You agreed with McCain the other day and he can be seen pictured cuddled up with organ eating terrorists in Syria.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 10:20 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Gaddafi supported terrorism at one time but he cared about his people and helped build a lot of infrastructure all across Africa, he's not a black and white figure. I think everyone in Libya besides the Islamists probably misses him, their country is now an ungovernable failed state in sectarian civil war with little possibility of the situation improving any time soon. It was a terrible terrible mistake by NATO to intervene, more people have died 20x over if we didn't stick our nose in it. Not only that but it was a total betrayal by the West to Gaddafi who had cooperated with our War on Terror and had given up his WMDs, lesson to other pariahs is to NEVER disarm.

also confirmed surveillance of Trump and associates by Intelligence Chair David Nunes, says FBI is not cooperating with the congressional investigation but the NSA is. I think the time to fire Comey as FBI director is coming soon.

No, he wasn't a black-and-white, Snidely Whiplash character, twirling his mustache in anticipation of the deviltry he can cause. Still, I think he was a bad man.
Getting rid of him ultimately proved to be a bad move, as the west overestimated the power of the street protesters calling for liberty, and didn't foresee fanatical killers fighting to take charge. But when a repressive dictatorship is removed after a number of years, it's often the case that all those influences that had been held under foot, both good and bad - probably especially bad - are suddenly let loose.

It's as big of 'mistake' as it was to invade Iraq, people don't fully appreciate how bad of shape Libya is in and how ISIS has gained a foothold in the country. Weapons from Libya destabilized northern Africa, from Mali all the way down to Nigeria with Boko Haram. Obama is a criminal just like Bush and Clinton before.

I honestly think Obama thought removing Gaddafi was the right thing to do. His true error was assuming, as Bush had, that people with zero experience with democracy would take immediately to free government, and not understanding that in an illiberal society, the bad man in charge keeps the other bad men from the door.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

You said in a previous post that it was an organic thing, now you're saying it was Obama, but he just destroyed the country out of the goodness of his heart. Supporting terrorist rent-a crowds to over throw the government etc was never done with good intentions. Yeah sure, these people are just so backwards according to you that they cannot deal with the wonders of 'democracy' :roll: How's Iraq going? If by some freakish chance that the US keeps over throwing governments because of their love of democracy, you think they might have learned by now that all it does is make a things one billion times worse? You ever considered just slightly that these aren't 'mistakes'? Get real man. If Obama loves democracy so much, why did he and others support the other throw of a democratically elected government in Ukraine by neo-Nazis?

It started out as an organic uprising, then Obama supported it to make sure it worked. And yes, he thought democracy would arise from the carnage.
And who says Nazis are in charge in Ukraine? Putin? Right wing parties had taken part in the Anti-Russian resistance, but they were hardly the only ones, and weren't running the show. Is it so much better that Russia should eat up Ukraine, as they had so many times in those two countries shared history? The strongman overthrown in Ukraine was a Russian puppet, placed there very much as Trump was here by Putin.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:28 pm

No it wasn't an organic uprising, nor did Obama support it because he thought it was or because he thought it'd work. And no, he didn't think democracy would arise from the carnage.
Putin? No, it's just what happened, neo Nazis supported by the US and EU. It wasn't 'Anti-Russian resistance'. Seriously, where do you get this s**t from? It's embarrassing. Hahaha, you can't see past the Soviet Union or the irony in criticising Russia while you defend the US's eating up across the globe!! !! ! Haha, seriously, where do you get this s**t from? Some kooky Russian hating site? Or probably just CNN :lol:

Like Putin has the power to just place a US President in power :lol: Though you don't mind when the Israeli lobby keep doing it. The Democrats lost the election because they put up probably the most corrupt candidate in history, maybe just in front of her husband! Russia didn't delete 30,000 emails, Russia didn't feed pre-packaged questions to CNN and Russia didn't give Hilary Clinton millions through her 'foundation'.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 3:32 pm

I guess you think what happened in the Ukraine was also 'organic' :roll: McCain and Nuland just happened to be on vacation there.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 9:12 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
No it wasn't an organic uprising, nor did Obama support it because he thought it was or because he thought it'd work. And no, he didn't think democracy would arise from the carnage.
Putin? No, it's just what happened, neo Nazis supported by the US and EU. It wasn't 'Anti-Russian resistance'. Seriously, where do you get this s**t from? It's embarrassing. Hahaha, you can't see past the Soviet Union or the irony in criticising Russia while you defend the US's eating up across the globe!! ! ! ! Haha, seriously, where do you get this s**t from? Some kooky Russian hating site? Or probably just CNN :lol:

Like Putin has the power to just place a US President in power :lol: Though you don't mind when the Israeli lobby keep doing it. The Democrats lost the election because they put up probably the most corrupt candidate in history, maybe just in front of her husband! Russia didn't delete 30,000 emails, Russia didn't feed pre-packaged questions to CNN and Russia didn't give Hilary Clinton millions through her 'foundation'.

I'll answer your question with a question: just where are you getting your news from?