Page 4 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 2:56 am

That Trump leaked the returns to Maddow was the first thing that crossed my mind. If intentional it was smart political move because it made the press look like fanatics.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:05 am

Just to make matters worse for the trump cheer squad

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... ac3199b730

ONE of the most senior members of the US Senate has issued a stunning prediction — that Donald Trump will soon resign from the presidency.
Californian senator and Trump opponent Dianne Feinstein also hinted she knows more than she can say “right now” but believed he’s going to “get himself out of office soon”.
Ms Feinstein, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, hinted the President would quit before he’s forced from office.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:38 am

cyberdad wrote:
Just to make matters worse for the trump cheer squad

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... ac3199b730

ONE of the most senior members of the US Senate has issued a stunning prediction — that Donald Trump will soon resign from the presidency.
Californian senator and Trump opponent Dianne Feinstein also hinted she knows more than she can say “right now” but believed he’s going to “get himself out of office soon”.
Ms Feinstein, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, hinted the President would quit before he’s forced from office.

Is this stunning prediction supposed to be something new?

Predictions of him not really wanting to be President and planning on resigning or getting himself impeached or whatever is something I've already seen and heard umpteen times.

There's also a number of people claiming to have exclusive inside knowledge, secret sources, secret tapes, secret documents etc.

All this stuff has been played out to such an extent in such a short amount of time, we are already getting reruns.

Next media bombshell: Trump caught on tape saying something disgusting on a bus!

Maybe if certain desperate people would stop gobbling up this repetitive nonsense and start calling BS, the media would stop cranking out so much worthless crap.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 5:16 am

As a side note, I fully expected Dianne Feinstein to be extremely old. I had no memory of who she is or what she looked like, but I said to myself, "I bet she is in John McCain's age range".

There just seems to be a trend with politicians in their late 70's to 80's in the headlines making statements about Trump. These folks who have been in office since Eisenhower was President need to retire already.

- I was joking about since Eisenhower, but I'm probably not that far off.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:28 am

EzraS wrote:
As a side note, I fully expected Dianne Feinstein to be extremely old. I had no memory of who she is or what she looked like, but I said to myself, "I bet she is in John McCain's age range".

Grow up Ezra. You seem to be shocked that things take place over time. Perhaps when you get a little older you will realize that instant gratification does not work for everything.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:32 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Grow up Ezra. You seem to be shocked that things take place over time. Perhaps when you get a little older you will realize that instant gratification does not work for everything.

Lol Didn't see the rest of this. But Era raises a good point. Strom Thurmond was senator till the age of 100. A senile old segregationist voting on bills and deciding what direction the country went in. To me that doesn't seem like a good thing. A legislature needs experience but also energetic and competent people.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:44 am

Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Lol Didn't see the rest of this. But Era raises a good point. Strom Thurmond was senator till the age of 100. A senile old segregationist voting on bills and deciding what direction the country went in. To me that doesn't seem like a good thing. A legislature needs experience but also energetic and competent people.

I disagree. With improved health care and longevity, I think older people will become more significant, not less.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:49 am

androbot01 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I disagree. With improved health care and longevity, I think older people will become more significant, not less.

Well maybe I guess.

I find it certainly interesting that the people that have been mostly adamant in opposing Trump have been the Senior Senators, Lindsey Graham, John Mccain etc. I think we need those sort of people in the administration because they embody the old American values, that are opposed to Trumpism.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:51 am

androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Somehow I knew that commentary would get a response specifically from you regarding my age in return (as usual). The rest of what you wrote doesn't really make any sense, but I know an attempt at clarification from you, would result in a long trip down a rabbit hole (as usual).

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:00 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Somehow I knew that commentary would get a response specifically from you regarding my age in return (as usual). The rest of what you wrote doesn't really make any sense, but I know an attempt at clarification from you, would result in a long trip down a rabbit hole (as usual).
This isn't my conversation.

I don't know the full story but you say things about people. E.g. that Androbot is annoyed that you don't back down to older people. You will annoy people by doing that so maybe expect those kinds of responses.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:05 am

Shahunshah wrote:
I find it certainly interesting that the people that have been mostly adamant in opposing Trump have been the Senior Senators, Lindsey Graham, John Mccain etc. I think we need those sort of people in the administration because they embody the old American values, that are opposed to Trumpism.

EzraS wrote:

The discussion of age is a rabbit hole. Trump himself is "old."

The issue distracted from is that Trump's presidency is crumbling. Everyone knows he is a liar.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:06 am

Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It wasn't about capability. It was more of whoever has been clinging on since the stone age with stone age ideologies should know when it's time to pass the torch. Politics should be about progress and fresh ideas, not someone in their 37th term in office.

Plus quite honestly, whenever there's a story like this, the person involved always seems to be older than WWII. I'm not sure even what it means, but that's always been the case.

Last edited by EzraS on 22 Mar 2017, 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:09 am

EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It wasn't about capability. It was more of whoever has been clinging on since the stone age with stone age ideologies should know when it's time to pass the torch. Politics should be about progress and fresh ideas, not someone in their 37th term in office.

Plus quite honestly, whenever there's a story like this, the person involved always seems to be older than WWII. I'm not sure even what it means, but that's always been the case.

I don't totally agree with that. Values can deteriorate for the worse. Hitler almost did not become Chancellor because an old WWI veteran who had experienced all the horrors, Von Hindenburg said no. If he didn't Hitler would have found becoming chancellor a piece of cake.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Mar 2017, 7:16 am

Feinstein and McCain are the greatest arguments for term limits there is

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:23 am

Shahunshah wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I don't totally agree with that. Values can deteriorate for the worse. Hitler almost did not become Chancellor because an old WWI veteran who had experienced all the horrors, Von Hindenburg said no. If he didn't Hitler would have found becoming chancellor a piece of cake.

So John McCain is Von Hindenburg to Trump as Hitler. Or something like that. The historical Hitler analogies seem to know no bounds, there's always a fresh one around the corner.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 7:37 am

AP: AP Exclusive: Manafort had plan to benefit Putin government

Quote:
Manafort has been a leading focus of the U.S. intelligence investigation of Trump's associates and Russia, according to a U.S. official. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the investigation were confidential. Meanwhile, federal criminal prosecutors became interested in Manafort's activities years ago as part of a broad investigation to recover stolen Ukraine assets after the ouster of pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych there in early 2014. No U.S. criminal charges have ever been filed in the case.